Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,517 comments
Very nice races EXCEPT Sardegna....

Frustrated Come On GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:
It's European and has a four in it, but...

View attachment 1357538

This would not be a good week to be hit with the ticket bug. Pretty high-value races too.
Using the old KPrime random selector:

Special Event = Renault R4
Schwarzwald League = VW Polo GTI (Lord help me!)
Ferrari Circuit Challenge = Ferrari 512 BB
Historic Sports Car Masters = BMW 3.0 CSL '71 ( 😍 )
WTC 800 = Ford Mustang Gr.3

Looking forward to the 6-star Car ticket and there's a decent credits haul for this week with the Sardegna race in the mix returning more than any of the usual tickets (unless you're lucky and receive a million...).

It's European and has a four in it, but...

View attachment 1357538

This would not be a good week to be hit with the ticket bug. Pretty high-value races too.
I hate curveballs. This week wouldn't be optimal if one didn't already have that cheap Renault, and the F40 isn't exactly competitive in the Ferrari race stock. On the bright side, that Renault should be in the UCD through the 25th at a non-inflated price.

I'm surprised another of the Grindy Four, and arguably the most-lucrative and easiest of them, made it into a Weekly Challenge.
The rough logic seems to be, they pick a set of four cars (992, Model 3, EK Civics, Radical; then Superbird, R4, Urus, Audi TTs) that they then run 3 times each, after exhausting those they pick another set.

The only exception is that one Fiat 500 event at the start, which has pushed their cadence off by a week (why we got the last Civic race late, and we're missing a Urus event from this set).
We have had 24 Special Events:
  • 3 Renault R4 GTL (last this week, first the week of 3/8, a week after the car debuted)
  • 3 Tesla Model 3 (last the week of 2/22, first the week of 12/28/2023)
  • 3 Radical SR3 SL (last the week of 2/8, first the week of 12/14/2023)
  • 3 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) (last the week of 1/4, first the week of 11/3/2023 as both part of the introduction of the Weekly Challenges and a day after the car's debut)
  • 3 Honda Civic (EK) (last the week of 4/26, first the week of 12/21/2023)
  • 3 Audi TT/TTS (last the week of 5/10, first the week of 3/15, a couple weeks after the 2009 TTS debuted)
  • 3 Plymouth Superbird (last last week, first the week of 3/22)
  • 2 Lamborghini Urus (last the week of 5/3, first the week of 3/29, the week of the car's debut)
  • 1 1968 Fiat 500 (the week of 11/30/2023)

Last edited:
Neat! I know I haven’t done that WTC 800 round at Sardegna yet, too.
That's one of the main money grinding races so I suspect you'll be doing it quite a lot in the future 😝

Anyways, I've asked kudosprime about this new, interesting set of challenges and here we go:

• Special Event: duh
  • Schwarzwald League: Porsche Taycan Turbo S 😭😭😭
  • Ferrari Circuit Challenge: Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
  • Historic Sportscar Masters: Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster
  • WTC 800: VW Beetle Gr.3

Thanks, it's made it a bit better, however the still handles like driving a shed. Typical American trash.
Lame blanket statements like this aren’t a good look. The Audi S1 drives like total crap in GT7, should I then attribute that to every German car ever?

There are many American cars known for being excellent handing cars… the new Z06 for instance is known by many as being one of the best handling cars that’s ever existed, and I don’t think you not being able to drive a theoretical car in a game does anything to insinuate it’s “American trash”.

This race was easy in the Peugeot, the terrible driving Audi, and the Focus GRB… all run stock on RH tires with a one stop strat taking on new tires on professional difficulty and no aids. Maybe I’ll go do it again in the Mustang just to prove a point.

To me, the Mustang GRB drives pretty well in comparison to the other cars in its class… so get good or maybe choose a car that doesn’t trigger your wide sweeping biases.
Very nice races EXCEPT Sardegna....

Frustrated Come On GIF by Saturday Night Live
Sardegna is awesome.

Last edited:
My "RJ random car selector" tells me to use the following racing machines :dopey: :

Special Event = Renault R4
Schwarzwald League = Porsche 992 GT3 RS
Ferrari Circuit Challenge = Ferrari Dino
Historic Sports Car Masters = Mazda RX500
WTC 800 = Toyota Supra GT500

I'm really looking forward to these races, exception maybe being the Sardegna challenge as this has been my grind race for a long time. :rolleyes:

This race was easy in the Peugeot, the terrible driving Audi, and the Focus GRB… all run stock on RH tires with a one stop strat taking on new tires on professional difficulty and no aids. Maybe I’ll go do it again in the Mustang just to prove a point.

To me, the Mustang GRB drives pretty well in comparison to the other cars in its class ...
I second you, it's been easy. All it takes is a tiny bit of driving finesse and patience ...
Tried different cars too including the Mustang, it'll be a safe win for ya. A pleasure to watch your Peugeot run ... 👍

Edit

@LSFDRX

My bad, I confused videos and drivers here, sry for that. ( A pleasure to watch your Peugeot run ... )

Last edited:
I can't say I've enjoyed this week's WCs much - I can't stand Willow Springs, and Gr.B cars just adds to the misery. However, for the sake of 500,000 Cr., I forced myself to spend 14 minutes there - and at least I can now say that, for once, I've visited the pit lane at Willow Springs on purpose...

Hm, I didn't get the first reward, only 6 star parts but still, hope I get the 200,000 after 3 events when I get so far. :nervous:

Edit.

Maybe because I finished the Super Formula long after midnight? 🤔

Edit.

It's broken or I broke it, no reward for 3 events either... 😥

Last edited:
When I saw the weekly challenge, I thought, "Rallycross with R4! This looks like fun!"
However, this event was actually the least fun. Probably the cause is that I installed a turbo on my R4.

The stop-and-go track layout didn't go well with the turbo R4, and the torqueless engine and turbo lag made my R4 feel like a severe asthma patient trying to breathe.

Maybe I can drive this car on a course where I can keep foot on the accelerator for a longer time without feeling stuffy.

Decent enough selection this week, Schwarzwald League was fun with the rain, always enjoy races in the rain or changeable conditions. Sardegna is probably not something people want to see if they grind it, I haven't driven it in a while so it was fun to do again, especially given the payout is good. Ended up one stopping a P1 GTR which was probably slower than doing an extra stop, still fun to fuel save though. Others are pretty easy even with a car decently under the PP limit, Spa might get interesting if you can re-roll the weather to get some heavy rain.

Cars I used:
full

I’m looking forwards to the next weeklies after giving up on the SF race last week. P20 was my only and best attempt.
Yes, I couldn't crack that one at all - ran it three times, and finished last every time!

Found the Willow group B one easy, once I'd found out that putting the brake balance all the way to the rear greatly improved the handling into corners.

Back