Weekly Challenge!

• Thread starter gtmaster08
  • 56 comments
United States
Southern Pines
Saber_Leonhart
Cloud Of Advent
This week, I have got a challenge for you fellow GT1 fans out there! And my challenge is to win the FR event under these conditions:

1. The car must be a Normal Aspirated car.
2. You must use the cheapest parts for every category only as your upgrades, however you may use a Racing Support gearbox as an exception.
3. The car can only have 1 stage of Weight Reduction.
4. The car can't be Racing Modified.
5. The car has to be used and from either Toyota or Nissan!

Good luck!:)

Shouldn't be too hard, I suppose. There are a couple of N/A FR Skylines and Supras aren't there? If you want a challenge then try using a Trueno or Silvia Q's.

Chose the Supra '95 SZR. Funny because I was going to buy one I saw pop up in the used section because of cool green color, mine was red and my garage if full, so I did not buy it. I think I kept to your specs, let me know. Sports muffler, sports brakes, BB Controller, ROM, PP, EB, Tune 1, Racing gears, Single clutch, sports fly, drive shaft, Sports susp, soft stab, semi-racing HS, 1 w.red. Damper 2F and 3R, Camber 1.6F and 2.1 R, Stab 2F and 1R, Brakes 7F and 5R, minor gear box adjustments.

GVE2-1:13:486 Qual (3rd) 1:13:575, 1:106:382=2:19:957 (1st)
DF-1:24:842 Qual (5) 1:25:836, 1:17:130=2:42:966 (1st)
GVS2-2:01:938 Qual (6) 2:03:464, 1:55:673=3:59:137 (1st)
Champ-Yellow S13 Silvia Q

Let me know if I followed your specs correctly, I can try again if needed. I also flirted with using my Skyline GTS2.5, the Primera, and one of the tourers or chasers. I'll try those tomorrow if I can get some time away from prepping for my Dental Boards Friday.

Thanks for the idea and challenge!

Oops.

In this post, which I deleted. I suggested the Viper could win it stock. But then I read again, and noticed the car must be a Toyota or a Nissan. Glad to see someone else later made the same mistake. :D I've noticed on other occasions that people these days sometimes list restrictions in an order which throws me off.

I'll try it when I have the time this week. Are there any special rules regarding times?

No, there are none. Just be sure to beat the event in 1st place.:)

To 2thDr: Congrats! You passed this week's challenge! Be sure to come back on Friday to see the next challenge I have for you!

Do the AE86 cars (Levin/Trueno) take NA tuning as well as (i.e. instead of) turbo? I know they can win FR fully-tuned, but I'm not sure how they'd do with your restrictions. What tires are you allowing?

I know it wouldn't be too hard, how about trying to win it with a stock FR car ;)? Viper perharps?

Truenos can take NA tuning as well as turbo, but it's less powerful. I prefer turbos myself.

I know it wouldn't be too hard, how about trying to win it with a stock FR car ;)? Viper perharps?

Truenos can take NA tuning as well as turbo, but it's less powerful. I prefer turbos myself.

Nope! You can't use ANY stock cars for my challenge!

Next week, I will run, as pressing circumstances will not allow me to participate this round. Just so I don't leave you hanging or anything of the sort.

As much as I would like to join, I don't think I'll be able to. Schoolwork is taking up almost all of my spare time and when I'm done I'm too tired to play. So I'll just be a bystander and poke around here from time to time to see how it goes and leave a few comments.

Don't you guys wish there's more than 24 hours in a day? I do :grumpy:.

4 more cars:

MarkII '92 Tourer S
Q1:16:437(6)-1:17:829-1:109:370=2:27:199(1)
Q1:25:432(6)-1:28:345-1:19:471=2:47:816(1)
Q2:07:367(6)-2:08:909-1:59:286=4:08:195(2) lost to supraRZ by .266
24 pt champ

s14 Silvia '95 Q's
Q1:18:760(6)-1:17:374-1:08:457=2:25:831(2) lost to supraRZ by .409
Q1:27:182(6)-1:29:576-1:18:705=2:48:281(1)
Q2:08:333(6)-2:09:319-1:59:164=4:08:483(1)
24 pt champ

AE86 Levin GT Apex
Q1:17:270(6)-1:18:429-1:08:514=2:26:943(1)
Q1:28:670(6)-1:27:261-1:19:200=2:46:461(1)
Q2:06:907(6)-2:09:012-1:59:390=4:08:402(1)
27 pt champ-no supraRZ

S13 Silvia '91 Q's
Q1:15:032(6)-1:16:189-1:06:682=2:22:871(1)
Q1:25:267(5)-1:28:585-1:19:168=2:47:753(1)
Q2:06:172(6)-2:06:497-1:58:779=4:05:276(1)
27 pt champ-no SupraRZ

Very different cars, not much variabilty in specs, mostly camber and gearbox. The Levin has the least HP, yet is the lightest. That car really rolls right and left on turns. The 91 Silvia was astonishingly fast, kind of surprised me, thought it would be harder, yet notice the no supra rz note, that left the silvia K's as the biggest competitor. The other two cars tourer and 95 silvia Q I raced yesterday and don't remember too much about them, except the close races trying to fight off the faster cars in the straightaways. The only other car is the skyline 2.5 GTS I think, which I thought would be a slam dunk, I'll try it tomorrow. Let me know if there were any other eligible cars. Fun challenge.

Funny you say that, I am actually a graduating senior dental student with two kids under 2, so no, my days run from 5 to 9, then my family goes to bed and I chill out and read/study/play some GT for a little while. The FR series only takes about 10-15 minutes to finish, so that makes it quick.

Ok! Everyone, here's the new challenge of the week!

Conditions are:
1. Complete the SS Route 11 and SS Route 11 [R] tracks in time trial mode without hitting the walls more than 3 times per lap.

2. The car must be either the Acura NSX-R LM GT2, or the Nissan Nismo GT-R LM Edition! In other words, the "special model" car from either Acura/Honda or Nissan!

Also, there are no rules regarding times. Just beat the tracks like the requirements say!

To LeGeNd-1: I sympathize with you my friend...

I'm sure some people do SSR11 with almost no wall-riding.

3 times is rather too generous.

1 time would be too generous.

Why allow any times at all?

I'm sure some people do SSR11 with almost no wall-riding.

3 times is rather too generous.

1 time would be too generous.

Why allow any times at all?

You said it yourself; people do SS Route 11 with ALMOST no wall-riding! And besides, this is a good test of your drifting skills!:) After all, won't it be handy in a hard race in the game to be able to drift well?

How about with no wall riding at all, and post a time, see who goes fastest? Would be hard to prove it without a vid though.

I'll pick the NSX over the Nismo anytime for this challenge, it's lighter so it's easier to manouvre than the bulky Nismo.

Tough challenge! I already had the Nismo in garage, so I just bought the Ac. Started with the Nismo, I had already had it fairly well tuned. Took a few practice runs, and I'm sure my times are slow, just wanted to post and see what others times were like. The NSX is a work in progress, I almost have it controlled, yet could not put 2 full laps together w/o a scrape or bump somewhere. I'll keep trying.

1:55:799-1:48:574=3:44:373

I was too tired to put more than an hour in here tonight, I took the first part of my clinical boards today, a wake up time of 5:15, finished up at 2, just a long week plus a tacked on day of stress. Hopefully I will get some time in tomorrow, if not I'll definitely get a few hours in next week.

I tried doing this, but could barely break 2 minutes with the Nismo.

So then I tried the IA7 test, and took about 1.5 hours to get bronze.

It seems that the [size=+1]GT1[/size] interface allows, and even requires, you to keep the steering locked hard, while accelerating against it. In other games, that has adverse affects. But, in [size=+1]GT1[/size] it allows you to apply more power around a corner. But, even so, I was amazed how long it took me to get bronze on that test.

Well, here's my attempt with the NSX. Finally got it tuned so that I can get around 2 laps near perfection. The above time for the Nismo were perfect, with both of these times I grazed once.

1:53:233-1:50:844=3:44:077 touched on the inside of the double barrier on exit from the last barrier

1:53:364-1:48:336=3:41:700 touched in the tunnel

Kind of weak, but I will keep working on both cars and beat the Nismo's time and get 2 perfect laps put together with that NSX. I just wanted to post the progress, I actually used the same specs as my NSX SubZero RM that I had tuned pretty well and modified it a little b/c the cars are still fairly different. Had an hour plus tonight to make that happen. I'll shoot back later in the week. One.

Finally got around to setting a time today :).

Here are the times:

NSX-R LM GT2 in SSR11

Did two practice laps then 2 flying laps. The times above are of the flying laps. Clean time trial, no wall riding/bumping/grazing/touching/etc. The car was very oversteery, but very agile nonetheless. The rear-end likes to get sideways during braking, so I have to countersteer a lot and modulate the throttle, which is where I lost time.

Nismo GT-R LM in SSR11

and

Also did 2 practice laps, but I did 4 flying laps as I think my first time can still be improved. On the 2nd attempt it does improve, but on the final lap I made a small mistake which cost me some time. Also clean driving, as the rules stated. The car is much better than I expected, some understeer but very very manageable around corner entry, apex and exit. Much better than the NSX I must say, and this is a surprise for me. The stability gives me confidence to push braking as late as possible, throttle as early as possible and to really get close to those barriers.

All in all, not bad, but I think it can be better as I haven't played GT1 for ages and my hands are getting cramps if I play after a long break. If I play a bit longer and practice more I think I can go faster. Settings can also be improved I think, as I just did basic tuning.

P.S. Sorry for blurry shots, I focused the camera on the times. So the times should still be readable even if the rest of the picture is crap.

Had a quick minute this am to hit the track, I saw the other post and had to put a perfect trial together, so here it is:

NSX: 1:51:812-1:48:201=3:40:013
Nismo: 1:51:897-1:45:815=3:37:712

Sorry about my post last night with impure laps. I have the volume on low to not wake up my kids and was able to hear my engine and wheels this morn. Keep 'em rollin'!

That's alright. Everyone knows how hard it is to drive SSR11 without touching the walls. I wouldn't be able to do it myself hadn't I been driving SSR11 for hundreds of laps. Yeah, I love this track more than any other.

Not being able to hear the sound sure does make a difference. There's this race in GT2 when the sound cuts-off midway during the race and I couldn't drive properly after that. Well I could, but it's not as fast as usual.

Where has gtmaster gone? I need a new challenge :D

I tried doing this, but could barely break 2 minutes with the Nismo.

So then I tried the IA7 test, and took about 1.5 hours to get bronze.
I can't play [size=+1]GT1[/size] right now.

Another session, and it only took me about 20 minutes to bronze IA7, and get a fairly reliable 2:11.xxx.

So I decided to try (keep repeating, and see if I could win) race 1 of the Normal Series in a Griffith 4.0, and, while I could usually qualify first, I couldn't properly outrun the AI, and couldn't keep my drive together for more than three laps of the five lap race. I nearly always ended up spinning out. Some habits I've picked up don't work in [size=+1]GT1[/size]. If I don't spin out, other times I get into this weird state trying to go slow to recover, which seems to only lose time in [size=+1]GT1[/size], and not actually help you recover. It's really weird.

That car used to be a fairly easy drive at that event.

Here's the new challenge everyone!

1. Beat the Clubman cup with any Mazda RX-7 with parts that enhance performance only. (In other words, parts that do not increase HP)
2. Place in the top 3 for each qualifying round.

Last trials:

Nismo: 1:50:113-1:45:981=3:36:094

NSX: 1:51:103-1:46:605=3:37:708

I just saw the new challenge, unless I can change race lines or tune up even more, I think your times are lightning Legend.

My tune up is only basic, so I still haven't gotten the best out of the NSX and Nismo, but it's enough for me. Some people need to have the setup near-perfect to drive well, I can do well with a so-so setup, as I prefer to adapt my driving to the car rather than change the settings to suit my style. Are you using the d-pad or analog? Analog also helps you to be much faster. And manual transmission too.

My setups (for both cars):
Tires Racing Soft F&R
Spring: MAX F&R
Ride: MIN F&R
Damper: 5 5
Camber: 0 0
Stabiliser: 3 3
Brakes: 7 7
Turbo Boost: MAX
Gears: Move all sliders to the farthest right as possible then set the final drive so that the 6th gear just tops out a bit above 200 mph/320 km/h.
Downforce: MAX F&R
Analog steering & Manual transmission

The only difficult part for the new challenge would be to place 3rd or better in the quali, as I remembered that quali in GT1 is very very tough. Should have no problem beating the championship though. RX7 is more than enough for Clubman Cup, even without power increase.

Back