Weekly Photography Week 4

• Thread starter Burnout
  • 73 comments
Alrighty guys.

Due to extreme lackage in participation, I'm going to try and pick the themes for a little while. I hope you don't mind, .star(last weeks winner).

I'd like you all to focus on what the general idea behind the themes I'm choosing are so when we start the winners choose back up, you'll know how to decide. 👍

So, this week here is what I've come up with: Slow Shutter.
Yes, it's more of a guideline on how you take the photo rather than the content.

Send in the photos, boys!

i won last week? lol. i dont visit here as often and the layout is sorta confusing now with thing constantly getting moved.

ehmm..... i cant change shutter speed with my cam. least i dont think so, lol

I don't like this topic very much because not everyone can take a picture at slow shutter speed. If any knows if the Canon Powershot S1 camera can please help.

ACremona22
I don't like this topic very much because not everyone can take a picture at slow shutter speed. If any knows if the Canon Powershot S1 camera can please help.
Oh, never thought of that.

I sure will take this into consideration next time through, with more in depth thought on how it effects the contestents.

Hopefully you can take one! You're photos are always excelent.

By the way, to everyone that says their camera can't do slow shutter, if that's a digital camera, or maybe even just a 35, try turning off the flash. That's how you do slow shutter on mine. Of course, if it's really bright out, it'll still use a fast shutter. :dunce:

ive read my manual and i cant change shutter speeds. blah. guess im not able to do this one.

hope to see some cool pics

Here we go. :D

meglowsticking.jpg

So, we have two entries.

Two.

That just doesn't seem right.

Ya'll go get your mom and maker her take a piccture or something.

cool stuff dudes 👍. I'm getting a camera in another 2 weeks or so - expect me to join you guys as well :)

Burnout
So, we have two entries.

Two.

That just doesn't seem right.

Ya'll go get your mom and maker her take a piccture or something.
Poo.

Where's your entry Joely?

I suck to much to take photos at slow shutter.

ACremona22

I have the same camera, can't figure out how to do it. I'll read over the manual more thoroughly.

teazR
final entry

Shutter speed 30+ secs
What kind of camera do you use? My fuji s5000 won't keep it open for that long, but it seems to do a good job, during the day if I keep it open to long it lets in too much light and spoils the picture but at night they turn out great!

Okay, ACremona22, I think if you switch the round dial on the top to the thing that looks like a ball with lines coming out of it. I can't figure out how to control the shutter speed, but it's a start.

nice material all of you. I just received my new canon powershot A300 and im gonna join everyone of ya in the comps (:

I'll have something, dont worry.

Cano

Integra is winnin

That photo is taken with a Hasselblad standing firmly on a tripod and the shutter set to bulp, so it's open as long as i want it to be..

Just so you guys know, I haven't died, but we had 2 photos, so I decided to extend this one an extra week.

👍

I'm trying to find a sutable entry.

cardude2004
Sounds neat and looks neat. I will have to try, but my digital camera will only hold the shutter open for four seconds.
Thats plenty, if too much light gets in the image will be over exposed and it will be all white.

It doesnt look like a slow shutter speed, but the shutter was open for 15 seconds. (it's not photoshopped)
I know it's crap, but there is a severe lack of entries 👎
PoolAction013.jpg

Back