Weekly Race Series, Week 11 - A Tribute to Mazkid.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 158 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
On to a technical track and a fast car.

We will be running a Arcade mode car for it's ease of use. For those who might not have it in there garage. ;)
But, since we will all be running the exact same car, we will really see where we all stand. đź‘Ť

The Car: Mazda 787b. Arcade Mode car only.
mazda.jpg

The Track: Special Stage Route 11.

The Race: Hot Lap. Arcade mode, Free Run. Use "Racing" mode only. Get your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. No wall touching.
2. Rumble strips are part of the track.
3. Chant "Mazkid rules" 3 times.
4. Save your replay.
5. No Hybrids.
6. Have fun.

The Deadline: Midnight of Monday the 5th of May. Mountain Standard Time. Go to www.worldtimezone.com to check your time zones.

Time Discussion: T1's, T2's and T3's. It's a long track. :D

PM me your final times before the deadline. Please keep the amount of PM's you send in to a minimum. Thanks.

Originally posted by boombexus
3. Chant Mazkid rules 3 times.
[/B]

mazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkidmazkid

I am GLAD I can't make this race :D That is one sucky stretch of road the SS11...

Good luck to ya all !

Cool! I'm starting to like this track ... most people seem to hate it but it just takes a little to get the natural rhytm - which however it still has. We ran it twice on iLink (my idea) but I didn't do so well, mostly because I underestimated the speed a particular section can be taken in. I've also recently run the Endurance twice, though that was with a poly. Now let's see how the 787B does here, with it's relative lack of grip to its downside, but its small size and speed to its credit.

I'm definitely in. :D

Nice track ..But i suck big time in this car :nervous: ..Sod it im in :crazy:

Does anyone have Mpeg Wmv replay files i could have a look at to get some idea on the best lines for this track ?

Cheers ;)

Why couldn't we do Route 11 in reverse? It's much better that way.;) Or even better yet, Route 5:D

Right on Made - you were obviously better at this track than I was when we raced each other live so I'll see you at the track for a rematch. :mischievous:

Originally posted by Arwin
Right on Made - you were obviously better at this track than I was when we raced each other live so I'll see you at the track for a rematch. :mischievous:

Allright.

Let's see if we can keep Ron away from another victory:mischievous:

Ran 10 or 15 laps, some initial splits:

T1 21.299
T2 42.890
T3 1'19.123

Lots to come off ...

Holy crap...

I basically will be suprised to do all that well with this one... especially in the company of my new found class mates.

However, I will put down some effort and get it done.

I also want to mention that the ssr11 is a ***** of a track, and that, in combination with the 787 is gonna serve up some widely varying times and some amazing results.

Looking forward to the racing though, see ya at the finish.

Oh yea, miata...

I was close...

Arcade, Japanese car, ssr11... very close...

I picked the country, the track and the arcade setting last week.

oh yea...

mazkid, mazkid hoy hoy hoy, mazkid, mazkid, hoy hoy hoy...:banghead:

oops.

I meant...

mazkid rule, mazkid rules, mazkid rules.:D

Since this track is so long, and has sooo many corners, it's hard to remember what's what. So, I whipped up a little track map with numbered corners, so's we can all keep things straight. :D :D

SSR11.gif

Very nice.. That could come in very handy when discussing corner speeds and all.. đź‘Ť

DAM!!!!!!!!!! This track is a SOB:banghead: I think I'm geting the hang of it though. I know I still have alot of work to do but I'v been at it for about 3 hours now And I'm finely doing around 20 in T1 But that dam T3 is killer. Anybody got any tips on turns 20-21..............well anyway time to get back to it, and good luck to everyone else:D Oh and good idea with the map Luxy

Originally posted by boombexus
miata, you forgot the "rules" part of it. You just jinxed yourself.
I know, but I tried running this last night, let us just put it this way, I had to pray to the holy Mazkid to stop hitting those walls.

PS Gokents, I think we both called this one, you got the Japanese car and we IMed the same time on this track 707

Good luck in the Pros, I'll be up there next century.

I normally take it wide and cut into it, but I have only gave this race a few laps. . .

Throttle control would be my guess

Originally posted by Luxy
Turn 16 is kicking my *ss!

How are people braking/shifting for this corner?

Turn 16 ehh ?.. Could anyone help a retard on turn 1 to 22 please ? :grumpy: Hate this track...

edit: Strike that. Turn 2 to 22 .. thanks :grumpy:

Back