Weekly Race Series, Week 13 - RESULTS

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 41 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Well, we had quite the heated week this week. Alot of close times.

Amazing times had by all. A big 👍 to pedro, very nice time there mate.
Oliver and GoKents with a VERY tight finish. Good race there gents.

As always, the Amateur class had another heated battle. Nicely done there by all.

And Cobraboy and noojra had a good race too. Hopefully with these PM "reminders" that were sending out we can get some more racers for you two to whoop up on. Great job guys. 👍

PRO:

1’38.269 boom
1’38.535 Oliver DePlace
1’38.544 GoKents
1'39.069 Venom77
1’39.134 lotus350

Amateur:

1’38.346 pedrodaman
1’38.444 IDAFC21
1’38.529 CarbonFiber Man
1’39.112 UB57
1’39.465 Luxy
1’39.997 Harry Snotter
1’40.036 BigJamesGTI

Beginner:

1’40.253 noojra
1’41.941 Cobraboy

Originally posted by Cobraboy
Oh my god, I rule so much!

Well cobra, that also means you are a good person being honest with yourself and all of us. Good work, I promise that if you hang in with this series of racing you will improve your times.

*shakes hands as we walk past each other*
"good game"

Im looking forward to next week.

congradulations to all winners.

Cripes ! what a poor turn out :irked:

Nice victory Boom! :cool: pretty close racing by all there 👍 Pedro you almost won! :D

Where's Venoms time , he forget to submit? beat me again he did :irked:

Ah Bum i thought i might of had you that round :irked: I knew it would be close and the final turn would play a factor..Damn fine time Rob 👍

:eek: that was too close for comfort CFman & IDAFC21 :eek: Just as well i pushed for that wee bit more ..I would have got my butt skelped if i had'nt i had a 1'38.799 before my final time..
Great race guys ;)..

Unlucky there GoKents but a good attempt in the dying hours ..Good race one of the best races yet for all that turned out anyway :)
Hang in there Cobraboy hopefully we will get all those racers back here ;)

Who's Harry snotter ..? cool name :lol: ;)

Here is my replay and settings used.

If you have a replay, post it up and your settings as well.

Thanks.

8.8/16.8
60/100
10/10
7/7
3.8/0.5
-0.5/-1.5
1/4
22/17
60/60/5

Final: 3.359
Auto: 21

1.00/1.15
ASM: 0
TCS: 5

Attachments

• week 13 - boom.sps
    48 KB · Views: 9
I thought I would put up my simple setting starter kit... final settings aren't definate due to bad memory. *sorry*

8.8/11.8
75/75
8/8
8/8
camber: 2.0/1.0
toe: 0/0
7/7

9/9 brake

15/40/5 Limited slip
tran. auto setting 31

0 acm
5 tcs
max down force.

Thats just a setting to start your tuning with... then mold it to the track. Its a theory I woulnt write here, but its something Ive learned with this series.

Boom is there any chance that you could check you e mail. I tried to P M it to you but it was not working at that time. sorry if there is any inconvenience

Originally posted by pedrodaman
Ahh i was wondering there :lol: ..Who's responsible for the name then .?:lol:
Pretty good time he got 👍

The name was his idea :rolleyes: yes the little $hit got in the 39's before me :irked: he also got a 1'39.7 but I had already laid down a faster time so he couldn't save it :P

Check out these split times:

Pedro = 21.093 / 46.447 / 1:08.934

CFM = 21.512 / 47.199 / 1:09.421

Yet I only lost to Pedro by .183.

I absolutely blazed the last half of my lap, those last two sectors were the fastset I ran out of hundreds of laps. (I know because I kept track of my best sectors). If my first sector would have been 21.250 or less (which was my average) you all would have been in trouble!:D

Why oh why must I run a lap so great after a lousy T1?:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Great job Pedro and IDAFC, you win again as usual, but I thought I was gonna have a shot this week!

Good times from our two newest racers, we hope you'll stick around a while. Don't get discouraged by some of the fast times being put up as the more you try the faster you will become! A Sharkport or X Port or Dex Drive is handy for picking up driving tips.

I'll post my replay in a little bit for anyone who has a Sharkport.

Originally posted by lotus350
The name was his idea :rolleyes: yes the little $hit got in the 39's before me :irked: he also got a 1'39.7 but I had already laid down a faster time so he couldn't save it :P

:lol: he's got good teachers ..I will be watching my back from now on :) :D

:eek: that was too close for comfort CFman & IDAFC21 :eek: Just as well i pushed for that wee bit more ..I would have got my butt skelped if i had'nt i had a 1'38.799 before my final time..

I had a 1:38:.776 as my second best lap, I would have preferred beating you by .023:mischievous:

Good job keeping Boom on his toes;)

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
Check out these split times:

Pedro = 21.093 / 46.447 / 1:08.934

CFM = 21.512 / 47.199 / 1:09.421

Yet I only lost to Pedro by .183.

I absolutely blazed the last half of my lap, those last two sectors were the fastset I ran out of hundreds of laps. (I know because I kept track of my best sectors). If my first sector would have been 21.250 or less (which was my average) you all would have been in trouble!:D

Why oh why must I run a lap so great after a lousy T1?:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Great job Pedro and IDAFC, you win again as usual, but I thought I was gonna have a shot this week!

Good times from our two newest racers, we hope you'll stick around a while. Don't get discouraged by some of the fast times being put up as the more you try the faster you will become! A Sharkport or X Port or Dex Drive is handy for picking up driving tips.

I'll post my replay in a little bit for anyone who has a Sharkport.

Im a bit miffed at that one myself dude i know i took the last turn a bit cautious but not that cautious..I guess i was just focusing in keeping the car on track once i seen the 1'08 pop up.I did'nt want to fall victim to the Pedro curse (Last turn VOODOO when everything goes to hell)

But still good result for the 3 of us ..

Same again for the next round sir.?

I'm surprised Pedro and IDAFC21 haven't been moved up to pro yet :confused: and me down to amateurs :embarrassed:

BOOM is there any chance that i could send it in a thread i had the race done on sunday am shore i sent it to you on that day????:confused: :banghead:

Originally posted by lotus350
I'm surprised Pedro and IDAFC21 haven't been moved up to pro yet :confused: and me down to amateurs :embarrassed:

If Pedro and IDAFC go up to pro I'm pretty sure I don't want you down here to replace them as I am getting frustrated enough as it is.;)

Everyone's out to get me!:eek: Or maybe it's just that i stink up the joint!:lol:

Here's my replay also:

Attachments

• carbonfiber man week 13 race.sps
    45.3 KB · Views: 9
But still good result for the 3 of us ..

Same again for the next round sir.?

I don't know about that. I usually only play at work, and I worked 72 hours this week, so that means I had LOTS of time. I only work 24 hours this week, so I won't put massive amounts of time into it again. (Please god I hope not:P ) But I'll do the best I can with the time I have of course! Too bad we can't race an I-link duel with me, you, IDAFC, Luxy, Go Kents, Lotus,and all the regulars, what a blast that would be. Anybody got a few thousand miles of I-Link cable lying around:confused:

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
I don't know about that. I usually only play at work, and I worked 72 hours this week, so that means I had LOTS of time. I only work 24 hours this week, so I won't put massive amounts of time into it again. (Please god I hope not:P ) But I'll do the best I can with the time I have of course! Too bad we can't race an I-link duel with me, you, IDAFC, Luxy, Go Kents, Lotus,and all the regulars, what a blast that would be. Anybody got a few thousand miles of I-Link cable lying around:confused:

That could all change if we all get the PS2 Network adapter and GT4 :P

Quite a poor show from me there - bottom of the league !!
I was going for really fast split times - and to be honest I never ran the last corner for full speed - I ran it to get max speed down the straight, stuck it over on the left, slowed down a little so I cud get a good run down the straight !!!!! Nevermind
I'll do better this week Im sure
you guys and gals kicked my ass !!!!

Originally posted by BigJamesGTI
Quite a poor show from me there - bottom of the league !!
I was going for really fast split times - and to be honest I never ran the last corner for full speed - I ran it to get max speed down the straight, stuck it over on the left, slowed down a little so I cud get a good run down the straight !!!!! Nevermind
I'll do better this week Im sure
you guys and gals kicked my ass !!!!

I think you did pretty well for your first race...the top 5 Amateurs have pretty much raced every round so far, so we are all "in practice". I'm sure you'll catch on real fast. Two or three weeks you'll be right up there.;)

well thanks for your encouragement guys - Im hopefully going to be a bit further up the amateur league this time
I wont be posting me times before the week is out though !!!

Nice result Bigjames hope you keep at it ..;)

cheers Pedro - Yeah I'll keep going, it gives GT3 a purpose I think, rather than just bombing round the track Ive now got to beat you lot too !!! (well try to !!)

Latest Posts

Back