Weekly Race Series, Week 13 - V8 Juice

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 184 comments
Ok guys and girls i have finished this thumb killer of a race and i hope not to see this car again the course was good though.
I only spent a couple of hours on it in total so nothing special.:(

Here is my sectors;)

T1 21.415

T2 47.396

T3 1.09.914

Totaly clean lap:D

Looking forward to the next race;)

Laters:)

Well I'm glad thats over :D

I didnt do as much as I could but I guess there is always next time I had some real good time (for a beginner that is :embarrassed:)
but I always seem to end up in the grass.
I think my right foot is to heavy:mischievous:

any way hears my T's

T1 - 21.911
T2 - 48.287
T3 - 1.10.984

I could of done better but my thumb is killing me

:(

I had to have another shot at this beast i was getting fed up with seeing pretty good sectors and not getting any reward for it ..
But my determination paid off

New best save
T1 21.123
T2 46.843
T3 1'09.179
I didn't take the final bend as fast as i would have liked just a wee bit too cautious ..Just had to make sure that the lap was secure..I had a lap that had a T3 of 1'09.3 that was .1 faster than my best ..But a look at the logger revealed there was a slight touch in the first tunnel section..
Im well chuffed with that lap and i well into my target time that i set for myself at the start of the race..

Im tempted to go for one last run tommorow to try and get that last turn a bit better..
If not this will be my submitted time ..

Later ;)

Alright everyone... its my turn now...Im off work tomorrow and I just got off tonight. (11pm*)

So the times should be coming in from me really soon and really frequent.

Chances are that I will send in only one time to boom, but that time is gonna be at the end of tomorrow night.

Im also looking forward to this, I have a lot of catching up to do, but luckily, I know I can get into the 1.09 range with ease, as my first real session yeilded a 1.10.3. (that was at the begining of the week)

So for now, Im gonna be off to the races, but I will be back soon with some times... btw, NOOJRA, nice job at bringing those times down.
1.18 to a 1.10 is a great improvment. Way to go.

Also, perdo... (*looking for the smilely with wind peeling back the face*) Great time.
Your looking awefully fast, but I will put up my best to give you that competition you want and need. (although I was moved to the pro's, I am still an amatuer in ways. *bows to boom for that awesome step up... thanks b*)

Anyway, like I said... back soon.

Till then.

Ok, just checkin in with a new best lap that I put down. But by the looks of Pedros time, I better get in a few more laps just in case. ;)

T1: 21.141
T2: 46.649
T3: 1'09.068

Max HP looks like it's gonna be 812.
Milage is 333.

My biggest problem was the very first turn. Getting through that one while staying on the track and maintaining as much speed as possible is a tricky deal. I think that was one of the only corners that required to get into the turn early. I found that late braking and a late turn in helped out a bunch with taking off some time.

Originally posted by pedrodaman
@ IDAFC21 I thought there might be some phycological mind games going on there :P....:D

hehe, maybe there is, maybe there isnt :mischievous:

nah....cripes man, slow it down!! i was too tired to give this a shot after i got off work tonight. my last chance will be tomorrow. I get off at 2, so hopefully i can inject enough caffine into my system to pull off somthin worthwhile here. hehe

Nice sectors Rob ;) maybe i should get in this beast again and try for more :)
Aye im gonna give it another go tonight :D

Well I was all happy that I made a nice improvement, but I guess everyone else did too.:irked:

21.512 / 47.199 / 1:09.421

I don't know what the damn problem was today I could not get under 21.5 on T1 for some reason. That really sucks because I absolutely crushed the rest of the lap as I was down .450 at T1 and ended up beating my old total lap time by .250. If I could have only gotten a good T1 with that lap I wuld have run in the 1:08's at T3 without a problem.:banghead: The day before I was constantly running T1's of 21.0-21.2's:banghead:

I surrender. Pedro, you win. Good show old man. I think I ran 2000 miles over the entire week. I guess I should just learn when to quit.:(

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
I think I ran 2000 miles over the entire week. I guess I should just learn when to quit.:(

:eek: :eek: 2000 MILES !!! :eek: :eek:
No wonder I can't keep up with you guys!!! i figure I'm doing good to get in 50 Laps!!! Seriously though, GREAT TIMES by both You & Pedro...UB57
:D

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
Well I was all happy that I made a nice improvement, but I guess everyone else did too.:irked:

21.512 / 47.199 / 1:09.421

I don't know what the damn problem was today I could not get under 21.5 on T1 for some reason. That really sucks because I absolutely crushed the rest of the lap as I was down .450 at T1 and ended up beating my old total lap time by .250. If I could have only gotten a good T1 with that lap I wuld have run in the 1:08's at T3 without a problem.:banghead: The day before I was constantly running T1's of 21.0-21.2's:banghead:

I surrender. Pedro, you win. Good show old man. I think I ran 2000 miles over the entire week. I guess I should just learn when to quit.:(

Sorry CFman but i had to do it i was seeing 1'08's all week but never managing to hold it together

But i have a surprise for you and Boom will be shocked too ..I finally did it :D after all the effort i put into this i was rewarded...

To be honest i get the same some times i quit at the wrong time iv,e done it so many times.in past race's

Go for it dude you where on it all week just one last push you will get it just don't think about the result just go for it ;)

EDIT..
Here's my final final time im running the 1'08's consistantly now..
my new best save and my last
T1 21.093
T2 46.447
T3 1'08.934
My Thumbs are red raw now :ouch: time for a new set of thumbs methinks.
Sorry Rob when i saw that i was not far behind you i had to go for it ..Im sure you won't give up ;)

My final setup was based on the ones i posted in this thread all i changed where the springs to 13.6 /13.9 and the LSD's added 5/10 to each one ..

Total laps put into this week in excess of 400 :eek:
Good luck all

:D Was "Trying" to keep up w/Pedro & CFM , but they're outa my reach now. 20 more laps & couldn't improve on last nite's best. After probably 100 Laps w/Wheel & MT:

T1........21.166
T2........46.804
T3......1'09.540

👍 See Y'all next week 👍...UB57 :D

@ UB57 nice result dude i was on a similar time as you,ve got currently ..Until this morning ;)

@Cobraking aye it is indeed alot :embarrassed: but thats the kind of commitment i need to put in personally if i want to give the pro's a run for their money my last two sessions my G/F was watching maybe she's a good luck charm :)

I bet Boom has not put as much time into this as i have and it's gonna be close :eek: can't wait.

*laughs long evil laugh*

I have now started on my way towards a competitive time.

21.0 just showed up on a non-best lap, therefore I could not save the ghost to run against... but it should happen again.

I will be back with the updates after my tv shows are over and I get in a session.
--------------------------------
edit:

I just put down an alright lap that had an awesome split at one point... specifically a split between t2 and t3... it was way off of what most laps are ending up like...

t2 of 47.3 into a t3 of 1.09.5...

I dont want to think about where that leaves me, but if I can get that t2 down to what I have already seen, and then down to where it should and needs to be, I will have a worthy time.

Talk to you in a little while.

@pedro :bowdown:

well that settles it. I'll run some more laps tonight before the deadline, but im not gonna kill myself over it, those times are just too much for me, way to go man 👍

Well, although i admire the 1.08 performance by pedro... I think that you (pedro) need to keep at it... with the splits I put down and the 46.4 you put down.. you could theoretically do a 1.08.6 without much trouble at all.

Actually, Im gona be doing the same thing... well, I mean, Im gonna be aiming for the mid 1.08's tonight rather than the mid 1.09's I thought were out of reach until the lap I pulled before watching tv.

What ever the case, I am not gonna be done with this race until late night and even then I will be unhappy with the time allowed. (just needed more time during the week)

Point is, dont give in yet pedro or you, idafc.

I will be looking forward to the new times...

I would go another session but i was up till 5am running this race ..And im pooped ..I need to get an early night tonight up @ 6am so i should catch the results early on
But Good luck anyways see at the finnish :)

It's been a really good battle this week with the few that are running .And a most enjoyable race :ouch:

Wheres Lotus BTW not heard much from her ..Is this gonna be the first race she's no running.?

Later see yoose themorra ;) (tommorow);)

I got mixed up and thought the dead line was last night, seeing this is my first race and all :dopey:

any way I got some more laps in today and I have a new lap record time. I hope boom doesn't mind If I send him another Lap PM :rolleyes:

here's my sectors

T1 21.987 could of done better:irked:
T2 47.983 my best so far :cool:
T3 1.10.761 a little better than before:)

I see if i can get a few more laps in later, maybe I can get a 1.09 :D

Edit:

btw thanks for all the compliment people :embarrassed: I didnt think it was possible but after I installed super soft instead of super slicks
there was nothing holding me back. and a big thanks to the rest of you guys and gals for the advice and for posting your setups, boom, Gokent, Oh and pedro, your settings rock
rockon.gif

Laterz

jaguar.gif

Originally posted by pedrodaman

Wheres Lotus BTW not heard much from her ..Is this gonna be the first race she's no running.?

Not a chance
crazy.gif

Even though I've had about 4 sessions all week and only just right now beat my time ( still not reached target) time is runnin out so I'll have to settle for what I got ...some very nice sectors being pulled off :eek:
I can't match them ...my best run has a 21.6 / 47.4 / 1'09.8

I expect an ass whoopin this week

Nice improvements too for Venom and noojra 👍

WOW!
Nice times there Pedro. 👍
Hope my time will be somewhat close to yours as I wont have another go at this cus I'm at work right now.

But great lookin times by everyone, and glad to see the improvement that you have made noorja, keep it up man. 👍

Well im done. time sent. i tried...i really did. haha, i was almost ready to give up when i tried a last minute change in my toe setup and it made a HUGE difference, final times i put down were
21.1/46.5/1'09.2
i wish i woulda had more time to run this this week, but ah well, im happy w/ my time. Normally i'd run this thing right to the deadline...but im workin tomorrow at 6am so i gotta get up at 5am :( i dont think i even would've had the energy to do any runs tonight if i hadnt taken a little power nap earlier tonight when i was watching new jersey lose to Ottowa...god new jersey played horrible tonight. but thats another story, haha, anyways, good luck to everyone! im gonna have to wait till after 2:30 tomorrow to see the results for this, doh!

Nice times IDAFC21 👍 i think CF man will be gutted that you might just have beat him ..But we'll see it's all down* to* the last corner..
EDIT
Can't wait for the results :D
EDIT
The The last corner really :rolleyes: i need to check my typos :lol:

alright everyone, I just laid down a slightly unclean 20.8 t1... that should be useful if I can clean it.

However, not much time left...

I will be turning in my time really soon, and after I do I will post my final sectors, but for now, I will just let you all wait and wonder.

Back