Weekly Race Series, Week 14 - EVO vs. WRX

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 205 comments
Originally posted by GTJugend
Talent, I think it's the turn before T2

/D

Your right, but I was thinking of the right turn. I think I brake at the 3rd or penultimate distance marker on the right to the mid to low 80s.

Well I've spent the last 6 or 7 hours running this race. I ran 350 miles in the WRX and could not get below 58.3XX at T3.

Then I fired up the EVO...ran from about 40 miles on the Odometer to 485 miles:eek: . Just when I was ready to quit I banged off as perfect a lap as I'll ever see:

20.674 / 38.565 / 57.717

I'm done. My thumb is THROBBING like mad. Here's my setts, I really liked them:

5.0 / 13.0
92 / 105
10 / 10 / 10 / 10
3.0 / 1.5
-2.0 / 0.0
3 / 7

24 / 20 Brakes

5 / 5 / 5 Front LSD
AYC 100
Rear spoiler .47 (max)

TCS = 1
ASM = 0
VCD 10%

Gears Auto 22 with a few changes:

4.430 final

Give em a try if you like.;)

Originally posted by CobraKing.
Anyone here runing in Beginner? if so post ure T times i want to compare!

I'm running in beginer league, my splits are as follows,

T1 = 21.0
T2 = 39.2
T3 = 58.7

Done with the Lancer EVO VII.

I DID IT!

My Cleanest lap times

T1: 20.xxx
T2: 38.xxx
T3: 58.xxx
:mischievous: theres so much to shave off, but i cant seem to shave anything off anymore!!

Im in beginner, but i havent had a chance to run this yet. I will try to run it tonight and tommarrow i just been busy with Finals.

Originally posted by Talentless
Boom, if you still have ayc installed, what is it set at?

Hey T, I didn't use the AYC on that set up. Iwent with the LSD, it's either one or the other.

:eek: Nice times there CFM:eek: Looks like I might have to get back in the EVO again. :mischievous:
I find the Subby just not to my liking. Just can't seem to lay down really good times with it.
Who out there is running the WRX and what times are you seeing with it?

Originally posted by Cobraking
Hey boom,!! how are u!
my best is
T3: 58.xxx
for a beginner leaguer :mischievous:

I'm doing well Cobraking. Thanks. What's the rest of your times? Just a whole bunch of xxx's there? :P

But your times are lookin good none the less. Keep it up.

Originally posted by Cobraking
Anyone here runing in Beginner? if so post ure T times i want to compare!

I'm a beginner :dopey:

check my post #144 I haven't had time to race since but I think I'll try BOOM and CFM setups tonite btw great time CFM 👍

Argh, for some reason I couldn't save my best lap replay so I don't know my T's. :irked: It was a pretty ****hot lap as well.

I just noticed that im the number one n00b resource i get about 2 pms aday asking abut n00b questions..cough.. the n00bs love me :lol:...

Originally posted by boombexus
Hey T, I didn't use the AYC on that set up. Iwent with the LSD, it's either one or the other.

:eek: Nice times there CFM:eek: Looks like I might have to get back in the EVO again. :mischievous:
I find the Subby just not to my liking. Just can't seem to lay down really good times with it.
Who out there is running the WRX and what times are you seeing with it?

I couldn't even come close with the Subbie either. I could not get the WRX to quit understeering out of the corners.

Boom, you should try using the AYC like in my setup I posted above. But the biggest difference that helped me get down into T3 of 57's was the gearing. Since the boost falls off at high RPM, the motor likes a slightly harder gear to turn. Before changing the gearing it was tough to get down to 57's. Our suspesion setts were really similar considering they were independantly developed. Plug in my setts if you like and have fun whuppin on me.;)

I've been lucky as the last 2 weeks the races have been on tracks that are the most familiar to me...I do all my testing and general "futzing around" at Laguna.:D

Originally posted by boombexus
Hey Majiik, good to see you back in action. How's things been for ya?

Quite nice thnX... been on a very long business trip...
good 2 B back in action, make some qualitytime with the PS2 and Gt3...

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
I couldn't even come close with the Subbie either. I could not get the WRX to quit understeering out of the corners.

I've got a decent set up for the Scooby, once I get home I'll post it up for you. But I just can't seem to get the times with the Scooby that I can with the EVO.

Boom, you should try using the AYC like in my setup I posted above. But the biggest difference that helped me get down into T3 of 57's was the gearing. Since the boost falls off at high RPM, the motor likes a slightly harder gear to turn. Before changing the gearing it was tough to get down to 57's.

As a matter of fact I was thinkin that exact same thing about the gears, I just haven't implemented the idea yet. Good call on that one for sure CFM! 👍

As for the AYC, I don't know, I played and played with it and I just came to the conclusion that the LSD felt better to me. But I could give it another shot. :mischievous:

THANX CarbonFiber Man : 👍
:D FINALLY solved the problem w/my PS2 & was able to get in a few more laps. On THE FIRST LAP w/your Settings I got my first sub 59' T3 & am now running consistent 58.4s. Best Clean save:
T1....20.415
T2....38.698
T3....58.323

THANX AGAIN !!!
...UB57
:D

BTW: This is the first time someone's DSII set-up has worked well w/my Wheel!!!

WOo HOo I just got it

I finally got a 58.7 T3
New T's

T1 20.6 (my best so far :D)
T2 38.something, cant remember
T3 58.7

turn 1 and the cork screw are my 2 most important sections, I'm only now figureing out how to take them :cool:

Still have couple days So I still try to improve :mischievous: (if possible) :P

Thank you to those of you who enjoyed my settings, I actually feel validated for spending so much time on this now.:D

My second best lap had a T3 of 57.883,and I got down under 58 about half a dozen times with this setup (I think I even hit a 57.5 on a lap that had a couple of mistakes) so I know that it wasn't a TOTAL fluke:lol: I would have quit with that run but I over braked into BOTH the last turns so my overall wasn't so hot.

Good luck everyone, see you all at the finish line!

Nice times there CF Man,
My cleanest run still is.

T3. 58.xxx

I'm hoping that i can shave any bits that i can , today or tomorow, btw.. the day after 2morow is my high school tour and i get put into home rooms :( so im really nervous that i hopefully get to go in the same homeroom as on of my best (gurl) friends goto ;)

Good Luck To All

- Cobra

Best save so far:

T1 20.329
T2 38.527
T3 57.901

This is my setup on the scoobi:

4.0/10.5
109/99
10/10
10/10
2.6/0.2
1.0/1.5
7/6

19/22

5/55
5/60
5/60

ASM 0
TCS 0
VCD 10%

I've got some catching up to do
turtle.gif

I need help :(

I keep getting bad T2's like 39's after I get T1's as low as 20.5 :confused:

I suppose turns 4 and 5 are hampering me. anyone have some tips.
eg. do you tap the brakes or just release X and turn in.

( I tried the earlier suggestions but doesnt seem to help as much although it does ) I must be missing something or maybe its my setup 💡

9/14
95/105
7/6
6/7
3.0/1.5
2.0/0.0
2/4

24/20

5/5/5
CFM gears

.19/.47
15%

this is the first time I'v posted my setup :P

Hey noojra,

For turn 3, get as far to the left side of the track as possible. Your going to want to tap the brakes and turn in really early, so that your left side tires are riding on the rumble strip. After tapping the brakes, get back on the gas, about half throttle and then back to full for the exit of the turn.

Same goes for the next turn.

Back