Weekly Race Series, Week 14 - EVO vs. WRX

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 205 comments
A week off from work!!!
banana.gif

I had another go at the Evo: 20.406-38.359-57.662. Settings by boombexus. Thanks boom.
I saw 57.5 a couple of times, but I gagged.

Hmm...what to do next? :mischievous:

Originally posted by noojra
I need help :(

I keep getting bad T2's like 39's after I get T1's as low as 20.5 :confused:

I suppose turns 4 and 5 are hampering me. anyone have some tips.
eg. do you tap the brakes or just release X and turn in.

( I tried the earlier suggestions but doesnt seem to help as much although it does ) I must be missing something or maybe its my setup 💡

9/14
95/105
7/6
6/7
3.0/1.5
2.0/0.0
2/4

24/20

5/5/5
CFM gears

.19/.47
15%

this is the first time I'v posted my setup :P

My advice would be to change your front toe angle from 2.0 to NEGATIVE -2.0. Positive toe setting will encourage understeer, especially with 4WD, you need to do anything you can to eliminate understeer. I'd also recommend that you put the VCD controller all the way down to 10% (minimum). If your front wheels are trying to propel the car, some of the available traction will be used for that instaed of turning and or braking. The rest of you setup looks pretty reasonable.;) This is all just my opinion based on my experience,so try it out! If it's wrong you can come back and tell me so I'll shut up.:D

I have a feeling my times arnt gonna be that great this week. Ive had no time to really sit down w/ this race since ive been working all week. I get off work at 6 tonight, and i dont work till 6pm tomorrow, so you can bet im riding this one all the way to the deadline tonight!

Not been on this in days :embarrassed: been busy killin my slower TT saves :mischievous:

I still have a save in the suby i done early in the weeK that i'll submit now , nothing special but it'll have to do .... my thumbs are simulating just been blasted with a hammer pains :irked: TT10 on D- pad is not kind to me :P

Best of luck you guys 👍

Just played a bit of catch up!submitting time with the suby now ...sectors are

Was going to submit for the Evo too, but upon review it isn't clean :irked: it was .6 slower than the suby anyway :rolleyes:

My current T's :)

T1: 20.672
T2: 38.926
T3: 58.567

That's after about 1 and a half hours of racing (not continuosly). I have gone through 2 Evo's already (both with 300 miles) but 150 of those miles on one of them where from breaking in the engine and there were already alot of miles on the first evo (about 220 from a previous Enduro). First I had started with the Scooby but switched to the Evo. I need some gear settings for it and maybe I can do a few more runs before the deadline. I am only having trouble with the two turns after the Andretti Hairpin, the rest I already figured out (I guess :P). I will go ahead and send in this time just in case :)...

This week started so well ... and then :mad:

This is the first time I've actually thrown my DS2.

WRX:
T1: 20.5
T2: 38.7
T3: 58.5

EVO: Almost the same.

I've put in a lot of hours this week (15+, prolly), and a lousy result.

In the WRX I saw, at different times, a 38.4 T2 and a 58.1 T3, but I haven't been able to finish a single clean frickin lap under 58.5

I have to give up before I go nuts... :lol:

Ok people here's my best time's

T1 20.606 :D
T2 38.983 :(
T3 58.736 :irked:

There not as good as I wanted but I did get a alright lap time.

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get a better T2 :mad:

until next race,
ZOom zOOm :D

Im happy and dissapointed at the same time.

I only got to put in a total, for the whole week, of about 25 laps.

That made me unhappy.

However, I just put down a 58.5.

So that made me happy. (only because it came with so few laps.)

My time is being sent in now...

Talk to you guys next week... maybe I will actually put in some time and get a nice placing/time.

Well crap. I went to download my replay to my PC after running some laps on another track. So I thought, "Hey I'll check out my replay for this week" And then I noticed it, I had 3 wheels off at the same time for a spit second on one of the corners!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I went in the analyzer and sure enough, my 3rd tire is off the rumble by about the width of a piece of paper, you can just see a crack of dirt through there.:irked:

So I had to rerun a few laps to try and get another one close. So my lap that I'll be turning in is about .140 slower.:(

Here's the one that I am turning in:

T3 is not nearly as good as my previous 57.717, but on this lap I really got through the last 2 turns better than I ever have, in fact the overall was better than all the previous runs with T3's in the 47's besides the one I was going to turn in. Luckily it only took me 6 laps to run a new fresh lap, but now I know how much more could be taken off my total if I had the desire to do so. Well good luck all. Get those times in, only a few hours left.
;)

blah. im not submitting a time this week. ive been trying for the last hour to get somthing even remotely respectable and i cant do it. Ive had no time to work on this race at all this week, and i just dont have the patience or will power to try and do it now. Good luck to everyone, and hopefully i'll be in next weeks race if i actually have some frickin time to do it. stupid work

Originally posted by IDAFC21
blah. im not submitting a time this week. ive been trying for the last hour to get somthing even remotely respectable and i cant do it. Ive had no time to work on this race at all this week, and i just dont have the patience or will power to try and do it now. Good luck to everyone, and hopefully i'll be in next weeks race if i actually have some frickin time to do it. stupid work

Hey, we all have bad weeks. Turn in your time anyway and take it like a man.:lol: At least you can say you were there! I know I had a few weeks when my time was embarassingly bad.:embarrassed: GT40 at Apricot anyone?

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
Turn in your time anyway and take it like a man.:lol:

haha, thats what i was TRYING to do earlier, at least get SOME kinda respectable time i could turn in, but it wasnt happening. The GT3 just isnt in my blood tonight. Any time i could get right now, it'd probably be BETTER for me to just keep it to myself....haha. Theres still a couple hours before the deadline...MAYBE i'll give it one last shot before its over, but who knows, i hate duckin out on these too, but im just not in the mood tonight

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
Well crap. I went to download my replay to my PC after running some laps on another track. So I thought, "Hey I'll check out my replay for this week" And then I noticed it, I had 3 wheels off at the same time for a spit second on one of the corners

I would have used a much harsher word than "crap". :ouch: My sincerest condolences.:(
Did you watch the replay normally? I've noticed that some dodgy moments can look worse in the analyser. The car is so small in there. I usually record any really close calls and examine them frame by frame.

Originally posted by Oliver DePlace
I would have used a much harsher word than "crap". :ouch: My sincerest condolences.:(
Did you watch the replay normally? I've noticed that some dodgy moments can look worse in the analyser. The car is so small in there. I usually record any really close calls and examine them frame by frame.

Yea, when I first laid down the lap I watched it in rear view on the replay...I must have not noticed when I was off course. In the analyzer from rear view it seems that I am not off course, just barely clinging on to the edge of the rumble, but from top view it looks like the front tire falls off the rumble for just a moment. The track cam view is inconclusive. I wish I could get a second opinion, but most likely it's no good anyway. I dunno, sometimes it's all so subjective as who knows what I think may be good is not and what someone else calls good I might call bad, so I figured why even chance it, I can always run another lap.:D I really don't like having close calls in my run anyway, everyone here spends lots and lots of time working on their laps, I would feel bad winning if I weren't really the winner. I know I'd be pissed if it happened to me.

The only thing that stinks about the replays is the PAL / NTSC barrier. I'd really love to see some laps from Mr.P, Lotus, Made in Holland, and some of the other fast PAL users as I'm sure I could learn a lot chasing their ghosts. Hopefully when GT4 goes live (hopefully before I'm too old to race) there won't be anymore problems.

In the analyser, I have only seen the windscreen view, drive-by cam(where it shows the car coming and going) and chase view. I haven't seen the top view you referred to.
Considering that it's past deadline, if you would like, post your replay and I will watch it. I use NTSC.

Here's the replay of the scrubbed lap.

Attachments

• cfm scrubbed lap 1.18.687.sps
    44.6 KB · Views: 9
well i just submitted a time to boom a few minutes ago, maybe in time for the deadline, maybe not. If i was past the deadline it wont matter to me, its not a great time at all. ive been racing for the last hour and half straight and just could NOT come up w/ any good clean lap. the one i submitted has times of 21.0/39.3 (BLAH!)/58.7 (the only decent split time of them all) this sucked. i dont know what my friggin problem was. i shouldve easily been able to come up w/ a 20.7/38.8/58.5 time or somthing like that. i even had a 57.9 once, but it was on a wasted lap. oh well, cant be good at everything. im ready for next weeks race now. haha

Originally posted by IDAFC21
well i just submitted a time to boom a few minutes ago, maybe in time for the deadline, maybe not. If i was past the deadline it wont matter to me, its not a great time at all. ive been racing for the last hour and half straight and just could NOT come up w/ any good clean lap. the one i submitted has times of 21.0/39.3 (BLAH!)/58.7 (the only decent split time of them all) this sucked. i dont know what my friggin problem was. i shouldve easily been able to come up w/ a 20.7/38.8/58.5 time or somthing like that. i even had a 57.9 once, but it was on a wasted lap. oh well, cant be good at everything. im ready for next weeks race now. haha
ATTABOY! (slaps hand on back):lol:

haha, you know me....it'd take an act of God to keep me from submitting a time, hehe...usually the races i hate the most i end up doing the best on....but this one just didnt come together...maybe if i had another half hour...oh well!

CarbonFiberMan:

I watched your replay and at the entrance to turn 4, the left front tire is clearly off the rumble, it even kicked up a little cloud of dirt. The left rear was sketchy, but closer. Good call.

Originally posted by Oliver DePlace
CarbonFiberMan:

I watched your replay and at the entrance to turn 4, the left front tire is clearly off the rumble, it even kicked up a little cloud of dirt. The left rear was sketchy, but closer. Good call.

Thanks for taking a look, I didn't see the dirt cloud. I was never clear on whether we could have part of the tire on the rumble and part off or are we supposed to keep ALL of the inside tires off the dirt? Either way I thought it was no good because it might be considered corner cutting also...not that big a deal,as I would prefer to turn in a cleaner lap than that normally.:cool:

I dont feel comfortable with the time I sent in as I keep getting the feeling that what I think was fast was REALLY SLOW. I havent seen the results yet but hopefully I did good :)...

Back