Weekly Race Series, Week 17

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 142 comments
Hey Rob!

I'm currently a little busy with the Castrol Tom's @ Complex String, but i will take out my Speed 6 for a little mountain run tomorrow:)

Thank God someone allready posted some settings:mischievous:

man. im puttin down some good times, but i just cant keep anything clean!! i clip a wall here, i go off the track there, i hate trial mountain!!!!!!!!!!! I tried makaveli's settings out, didnt really work too well for me, im gettin better results w/ my own settings, which i'll probably post up later if i can get em nailed down. My best times so far (not clean and not necessarily on the same lap) are 14.0/40.4/1'00.2 . if i can get those times on a clean lap i'll be very happy. My cars currently sitting at about 155 miles and has somthing like 481 or 486hp. (oh yeah its the speed 6, obviously :) ) does anyone know what mileage this thing fully breaks in at? Oh yeah, and does anyone have any tips for that first chicane after the start?? Thats either a hit or miss for me, either i cut too much in and go on the grass, or i go too wide and scratch the wall. grr.

Originally posted by makaveli2k3
just for fun i tried the car out that i drive in real life but only got 14.7/44.2/106.2 fully kitted out at 436bhp any1 guess wat it is?
You sure you got that horsepower right fully modded???

Originally posted by IDAFC21
man. im puttin down some good times, but i just cant keep anything clean!! i clip a wall here, i go off the track there, i hate trial mountain!!!!!!!!!!! I tried makaveli's settings out, didnt really work too well for me, im gettin better results w/ my own settings, which i'll probably post up later if i can get em nailed down. My best times so far (not clean and not necessarily on the same lap) are 14.0/40.4/1'00.2 . if i can get those times on a clean lap i'll be very happy. My cars currently sitting at about 155 miles and has somthing like 481 or 486hp. (oh yeah its the speed 6, obviously :) ) does anyone know what mileage this thing fully breaks in at? Oh yeah, and does anyone have any tips for that first chicane after the start?? Thats either a hit or miss for me, either i cut too much in and go on the grass, or i go too wide and scratch the wall. grr.
Well that first chicane I am able to hit at 140mph in the bullet. I turn in a little first before letting go of the accelerator, then I'm off on a hard turn :D

right on. . . I bet it would have put up a valient fight against my miata at one poiint :D

The fastest car i've tried so far was the Opel Speedster... I'm sure it can be made into a great giant killer, but it's a bit tail happy as it stands, and a bit down on power compared to you guys. I should try something else...

a good proven method of entering this comp, but the umph is not there. Hands down if the horsepower limit was at say 400 or 300 it would take the cake PR. I have expanded my car testing to over 29 cars now and boy I have a few that stick out. hard track though. :D

I hate this track. I hate this track. I hate this track.
:mad: :irked: :banghead: 🤬 :grumpy: 👎 :yuck:

sorry....just a little aggravated over the last 200 miles of CRAP ive been driving for the last 2 hours. I thought I just got a decent clean lap finally, but looking at the replay, i MIGHT have grazed the wall coming out of the first chicane. its really freaking hard to tell...its CLOSE. GAAAH!!!

idafc21: sorry....just a little aggravated over the last 200 miles of CRAP ive been driving for the last 2 hours. I thought I just got a decent clean lap finally, but looking at the replay, i MIGHT have grazed the wall coming out of the first chicane. its really freaking hard to tell...its CLOSE. GAAAH!!!

Go to replay theatre and use the datalogger. there you can watch each section of the course with top wiev in slow-mo. i've already used it to judge wall-touch or not in that chicane.

/D

Ok 1st 100 km in the speed 6 , with ****loads to come off after my car gets closer to the 490bhp :cool: (currently on 485 from 474hp)

Best save so far has 13.9 /40.1/1.00.0

Great car ! one of my faves , the course is a bit iffy on turn 1 and hard to adjust to but we'll get there .

Laters 👍

My speed 6 is gubbed ,ran ragged from the tuscan challenge in GT mode.

I can't be arsed getting a new one so i will use this one ,good thing is i won't have to run it in..

Well I guess the cat's out of the bag, I picked the Speed 6 right off the bat, i was hoping no one else was going to think of it in hopes we might have some variety, so now guess what...we'll all be using the same car again.:rolleyes:

Anyway I made some progress, even had a T1's of 13.951 and lots at about 14.050, and have come close to breaking 1:00 at T3 on 2 occasions. Best clean so far:

14. 208 / 40.367 / 1:00.249

I have a really great setup that I will post next time I boot up the PS2, the rear end sticks so well that no TCS is needed.:cool: With my setup the car topped out at 497 HP.

Originally posted by IDAFC21
I hate this track. I hate this track. I hate this track.
:mad: :irked: :banghead: 🤬 :grumpy: 👎 :yuck:

sorry....just a little aggravated over the last 200 miles of CRAP ive been driving for the last 2 hours. I thought I just got a decent clean lap finally, but looking at the replay, i MIGHT have grazed the wall coming out of the first chicane. its really freaking hard to tell...its CLOSE. GAAAH!!!

On wall taps the easiest way to tell is to watch your speed in the analyzer. If your speed drops at all while you're on the gas, you hit the wall man.:banghead: I had to toss out a great run cuz I lost ONE piddly MPH.:(

Try my setts out when I get them up IDAFC, I get ahead of my ghost all the time because the car is so stable, but I always end up scrubbing off a buch of speed in the last tunnel after T3 and my ghost goes right by:eek: :lol: But I've been running lots of clean laps. (I do know this track fairly well though) Once I get my line for that tunnel, I should be golden.:cool:

Originally posted by GTJugend
nope, only part german.

Yeah, she's got a wide rear!:lol:

RUF?? thats only part german the rest is a porsche...or is porsche german anyway??....i dunno lol me mind has gone blank :lol: :lol:

CfMan: Zonda C12 - Italian chassis with a German powerplant.

Do I win a prize?

Yes, correct answer 👍 and you have won yourself a gummybear!!!

And Makaveli, Porsche is german.

/D

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
On wall taps the easiest way to tell is to watch your speed in the analyzer. If your speed drops at all while you're on the gas, you hit the wall man.:banghead: I had to toss out a great run cuz I lost ONE piddly MPH.:(

Try my setts out when I get them up IDAFC, I get ahead of my ghost all the time because the car is so stable, but I always end up scrubbing off a buch of speed in the last tunnel after T3 and my ghost goes right by:eek: :lol: But I've been running lots of clean laps. (I do know this track fairly well though) Once I get my line for that tunnel, I should be golden.:cool:

Yeah, im pretty sure i scratched the wall because my MPH did go down by 1....grr....i did try the analyzer (i usually do) but its too hard to tell in that cuz you cant get the right angle to see. but yeah think i hit the wall :banghead: Get those settings out there so i can try em out! :D

Zonda C12: best clean t3 1.00.1 with potential for a little more..

I never really cared bout this car before, but I think that properly tuned it has good qualities. It wont let you drive it as agressive as other cars to perform well (e.g. the C5) the key for fast times is smooth control.

/D

TVR Speed 6 setts:

7.0/9.0
79/79
10/10/10/10
2.0/2.0
-0.5/0.0
7/7

24/24

5/35/5

TCS 0, ASM 0

Trans: set to Auto 28 then manually set 6th gear to .955

Parts installed:
NA stage 1
Full racing muffler
Port polish
Total HP after break in: 497

DO NOT install engine balance or computer chip.

Hope some of you like these setts as much as I do, I think they're killer.:mischievous:
P.S. GTJugend, if you have a good setup for the C12 I wouldn't mind giving them a try after I ger my run down 100% in the TVR. And you can send me my gummy bear via UPS;)

Thanks CFM, I'll have to try those settings out, they look fairly similar to mine actually w/ the exception of a few things. My cars maxed out at 495, ive got semi race mufler, stage 1 NA, engine balance, and chip. haha. Not much i can do about it now anyways, i doubt 2hp would make THAT much of a difference anyways

Cheers to makaveli2k3 & CarbonFiber Man :👍
:D For posting your set-ups!!! ( After all this IS supposed to be a "Learning" challenge.) Tried makaveli2k3's but they didn't work too well w/MOMO. Will try CFM's next time I fire up the PS2 as they're closer to my own. I'm still almost 2 seconds off the pace @ T3 after about 25 Laps...UB57
:D

Gave your settings a quick 5 lap trial CFM and they seem pretty good, i'll have to get into em more seriously later, tho my settings still work out pretty well for me, I gave your LSD and 0 TCS settings a try w/ mine and got some pretty good results w/ it, tho i STILL cant get anthing clean. But i have been trying to play thru my little 14" computer monitor, so i dont think thats helping. i'll have to hook my ps2 back up to the bigger tv later on for some serious racing. Heres my settings, if anyone wants to give em a try. (borrowing cfms lsd and tcs settings :) )

8.0/10.5
80/85
10/10
10/10
3.0/1.5
0.0/0.0
2/3

24/21

5/35/5

asm 0/tcs 0

I dont think i touched the trans settings, they seemed to work pretty good outta the box. So there ya go. Maybe they'll help you more than they've helped me. haha

I'm sorry I haven't got round to posting my set up for the speed 6 yet, been busy. Maybe some race time tomorrow :irked:

Well, after about another 150 miles tonight, i FINALLY have a decent clean lap. its got 14.1/40.5/1'00.1 split times, and I did it w/ my settings. I just feel more comfortable w/ those tho i do get similar times w/ Carbonfiber's settings too. I'd like to say im gonna submit that time and be done w/ this, but just as i think im done. I start pullin out a few 13.9 t1's, and ive had a few 59.9 t3's too. Im also usually in the 40.3 T2 range too, so i know i can do better yet, but who knows if i'll be able to, this track is so eeeeevil, and after this race is over im NEVER touching this track again :)

Back