Weekly Race Series, Week 17

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 142 comments
originally posted by UB57

Cheers to makaveli2k3 & CarbonFiber Man :
For posting your set-ups!!! ( After all this IS supposed to be a "Learning" challenge.) Tried makaveli2k3's but they didn't work too well w/MOMO. Will try CFM's next time I fire up the PS2 as they're closer to my own. I'm still almost 2 seconds off the pace @ T3 after about 25 Laps...UB57

sorry my settings werent working for ya but i guess at the end of the day its down to the individual, most people have a diff setup from the next thats the beauty of these challenges
:)

oh yeah i tried the zonda out last night for around 50k's or so got a 14.3/41.3/101.3 not the best but good car these are the settings i used if anyone is interested

Spring Rate 12.8 19.7
Ride Height 53 80
Bound 10 10
Rebound 10 10
Camber 4.0 2.2
Toe 0.0 0.0
Stabilizer 7 1
Brake Balance 24 24
L.S.D.
Initial 5
Accel 5
Dec 5
Gears
Auto 28
Final 3.429
1st 3.313
2nd 2.273
3rd 1.678
4th 1.297
5th 1.051
6th 0.861
Downforce 0.29 0.47
ASM 0
TCS 2

maybe someone who likes the zonda more than i do can get some use out of my settings let me know 👍

Decided to try the Speed 6 last night.

And beat my previous best time by 1.4 sec. On the FIRST friggin' lap :grumpy: .....

So even though I'm degrading myself to the last place I'm gonna still see how much I can get from my first car of choice.... I think that my car could be a contender in the hands of someone slightly more experienced in the ways of setting up a car...

Best T3 so far - 1.02.6.......

I ran a few laps this morning with IDAFC21 settings and my time improved :) T1 14.2/ T2 40.9/ T3 1'01.700

And that makes me even more sure that my car could be competitive in the right hands... Luckily I'll have 24 hours during the W/E to do some seriuos racing while watching all 24 hours of LeMans :D

Ok here's my set up, this was my first set up attempt ...feels quite nice :cool: all my own work :D

4.0 / 11.5
79 / 79
10 / 10
10 / 10
2.0 / 1.0
-1.0 / 0.0
6 / 7

16 / 16

10/ 40 / 20

Auto 31
Final 3.730

Didn't really do much to the gears ( no gear trick)

asm 0 tcs 3

Hope it works for someone else 👍

I better get my arse in gear, not had a chance to run this since the 5 lapper in the Lotus 350..

I will try and get on it later today.
Thanks everyone for posting you set's up good starting point ;) So i guess everyone's using the Tuscan then :)

Originally posted by pedrodaman
I better get my arse in gear, not had a chance to run this since the 5 lapper in the Lotus 350..

So i guess everyone's using the Tuscan then :)

No - So that'll be my excuse for this week ;)

I tried the Speed 6 and Improved my Lap time but it took a lot of playing around with the settings

T1 14.1 had a 13.8 but I was going way too fast and spun
T2 40.8
T3 1,01.3

I havent been able to duplicate that Lap since I Forgot to save :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:. But I'm eager to try all the setups posted so far :D.

Back with updates later.

BTW Flerbizky, great progress there, your only about a second after me and I took a ton of lap to reach were I am 👍

Haven't got time to race today but I will post the settings for the C12 later.. not satisfied with it yet.
Best T3 59.9, still struggling with a slight understeer.

/D

Originally posted by noojra
BTW Flerbizky, great progress there, your only about a second after me and I took a ton of lap to reach were I am 👍

Thanks 👍 I think (one of) my biggest problems is that my asm / tcs settings are either 1 / 0 or 0 / 0.... I refuse to let some electric gizmo drive the car and control my wheelspin for me :cool:

Just tried IDAFC21's Setup and beat my Lap record by over a second :cool: In only two laps

I think, Mabey I'll settle with this time or mabey I'll try to improve.

One thing though that was a hell of a lap, I Used every Inch of the track. I almost lost it twice, I had to use the analyser to double check, but its clean and I'm glad for that. :D

BTW Lotus what's your T's, I think I'll try your setup next since your setting for last week was so good ;)

T1 14.142
T2 40.819
T3 1,00.996

Lap Oops! almost forgot :lol:

EDIT:

Just beat lap by .2 :cool:

T1 14.0
T2 40.5
T3 1,00.7

I guess there is room for Improvement :mischievous:

EDIT #2:

Just tried Lotus Settings...........two laps later

banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

I dont think I could do any better than this.

T1 14.0 :D
T2 40.2 :cool:
T3 1,00.3 :mischievous:

Exactly 500hp I had to save the Game at 498 and just reload when I cross 500 (If dont know if this is permitted so if it aint someone please let me know)

One thing I noticed If I clip the curb on the left after the start line and then turn right I'm able to go up the Hill Full Throttle ;).

I dont think I'll post anymore for a while :D

best so far ....

13.8 / 39.9 / 59.8

my cars at 497 hp now and i think i still have another .3 to .5 left until i hit my target :cool:

laters

Speed 6: The car knows no forgiveness.
13.902-40.047-60.118 submitted.
I got frustrated when I did 13.776-39.870-59.777 and dropped a wheel at the very end.:mad: Half a sec. faster than what I submitted.:irked:

Edit: Improved. 13.937-40.304-59.832, still .3sec. from my tainted time. Clean save after 3 attempts/5mins. I guess it helps to stop and clear the mind.

Anyone out there with a non-Speed 6 fast time? How are the C12s coming along? Any RGTs or NSXs?

I started out with the Speed 6, but switched when it became the car to use. After 150 miles in the other little gem from Blackpool, I'll be going back to the Speed 6 as well. :embarrassed:

The absolute best I could run in the Griffith was still a solid .5 secs slower than my first 40 miles in the Speed 6 yielded. :irked: Still, it performed better than I had anticipated for a roadster.

I didn't note my T1 & T2 times, but my best T3 in the Speed 6 so far just missed the 60 second mark. I'm hopeful that I can massage another .5 off that T3 as the Speed 6 has grown to be one of my favorite cars in the game thanks to another OLR Challenge from many months ago.

Very nice times so far everyone! 👍

Hey QB, good to see you around mate! 👍

If you see any of my times they are with the C12. She's a beast of a car, definately can hang with the Speed 6. I tried out the NSX as well, she's also close to those times as was the RUF, but I didn't think I would be able to get them to perform as well as the Zonda.

Got your updated PM ODP. 👍

Don't know how much time you shaved off your other time. I never read anyones race PM's until I post the results.

So if anyone has asked me anything that you need a timely answer to, you better send me a seperate PM or let me know to read it now. :lol:

I'm getting tired of that first chicane now, :yuck: Time submitted.

I used the C12 with submitted lap t:s at: T1 14.1 T2 40.3 T3 59.9.

Settings:

12.8 16.7
53 70
10 10
10 10
4.4 2.2
0 0
5 1

24 10

5 13 5

gears auto 31, 3rd gear at 1.490

0.29 0.45

asm 0
tcs 0

/D

Managed to finaly get in a car for this weeks race,been so busy.

Anyways ran 27 laps in the C12 best save T3 1'00.3xx mark still 90 odd k left to run in so hopefully i can improve,if time permits that is ..:)

Ran the Speed 6 @ 490 hp and done the first 2 sectors nice and screwed the third one up.

T1 14.1 / T2 40.3 / T3 1'00.900

My goal is to get with 1'00.200 sector three. I'm useing IDAFC21 settings :)

Squeezed in 15 more laps bit of an improvement ,Time submitted to Boom..I wish i had a bit more time this weekend to get more laps down, i was just starting to get into it..:)

Thanks to GTjugend for posting those settings up i based mine around them.
The only real changes i made was stabs @5/5,D/F Max,springs down to an even 12/16,Brake balance 24/24..Theres somethinbg else i changed but can't remember what it was :embarrassed:
Cheers again ;)

Well, I gave the C12 a shot and I have to say, if my experience is at all indicative of the masses, this will not be a one car race. In fact, I am now having trouble deciding which car to use! :lol:

T1:14.1/T2:39.9/T3:59.9

...with both cars!

The deciding factor may be the cars' overall attitude. The C12 was surprisingly well-behaved on this track. The Speed 6 is definitely manageable, but seems to take a bit more work on the driver's part to get her around cleanly.

Hopefully a few more tenths to come from the gearbox and the cog behind the wheel. ;)

Back