• 61 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
The Cars:

Nissan Calsonic Skyline 922 BHP (Turbo-4)1.19

Nissan Loctite Zexel Skyline 922 BHP (Turbo-4)1.19

Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R 935 BHP (Turbo-4)1.28

Your choice of tires.

The Track: Apricot Hill Raceway II (REVERSE)

The Race: Hot lap. Arcade mode, free run. Get your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. Always keep 2 tires on the track at all times.
2. Rumble Strips are considered part of the track.
3. No cheating of any kind.
4. No Hybrids.
5. Save your replay.
6. No short cutting.

Time Discussion: All T times.

The Deadline: Monday at midnight, Mountain Standard Time, USA. July 7th.

Eeewww :grumpy: Too much horsepower for my liking.. Can we do a fully modded Scudo next week please :D

Best Clean T1 19.450 in 3 Laps and 908 HP. I'll do some more laps when I get back from work

Laters

i know the difference is small, but might not it be more fair, unless the pennzoil has some advantage, to just remove it and keep the other 2? i think 2 choices is good enough.

noora - uhm, I would stay away from that Pennzoil, it is heavier than the loctite and calsonic :D:D

Go for one of the other two, they are virtually identical (like the three NSX's) whereas for some reason, this pennzoil isn't created equal :D

I second the vote for a 1881 Hp Escudo on tarmac ;)

Hello, think I'll race this week..

Missing link, about the pennzoil, you know from experience that it is slower or? otw weight is not all - thinking about race 18 where the esperante had the same weight as the oreca viper, the viper also had a few less hp but it was so much faster than the panoz.
But it sounds as you know what you're talking about so i'll get one of the others (bought the dissed yellow submarine bcos i was lazy..) thanks for the advice!

/D

I just reccommend it, you have an entire week to get into one of the "faster" cars, as well as test out the yellow one. And then maybe you can see for yourself, I am speaking from my useage, as well as others who are more experienced than I at car choice :D:D:D

Well your reccomendation, missing link was good.. Ran the Red Emblem races in pro to get the Calsonic and compared it to the Pennzoil with equal setups. After a few laps I could get about 1 sec faster laptimes with the Calsonic so, bye bye yellow - welcome blue!

Clean save after first laps with the CaSky:

T1: 18.6 T2: 41.9 T3:53.2

/D

ran about 12 laps in the penzoil, and have a best of 18.7/42.4/53.9, and my friend tried running it before me and it took him 35 laps to get an 18.7/42.4/54.0. so he was pretty pissed when i beat his best lap after 12 laps. hehe. I will have to give the calsonic a try tho, it definently seems like it might be the better choice

Thanks for the tip ML I didnt know it was heavier. 👍
Lucky thing I have a Fully modded Calasonic from Race 18 :D

hoo ha!! Tried the calsonic out, and after about 10 laps i had times of 18.5/41.9/53.2 and a lap time that was about .800 better than my best w/ the Penzoil. shes a little more tail happy than the yellow beast, but i havent messed w/ the settings too much yet. Blue's definently my boy for this race :)

Ok I have some new T's with the Blue Jay And Its better that the Canary by far

Best Clean Save

T1 18.638 :cool:
T2 41.756 :mischievous:
T3 53.878 :irked:

I got 18.4 But blew it on the hard left hander after T1 :mad:

Hopefully I could get some more time off :D

BTW ppl I found this cool site where racers of GT3 can post up there times based on the type of car they drive and I saw alot of user names simmilar to the ones on the Weekly Series

Racing Line's Course Records

like Max E and Missing Link.

were those posts made by you guys?

mabye i will actully post a time on time this week this one sounds like a fun week but i have only till thurs night so i gotta work fast.

Yep, I am fairly confident that ANY forum or database you venture to and can look at times or posts, and the name --> The Missing Link --> is attached to them, it is me :D

Glad you guys listened about the blue jay or robin instead of that misleading canary :D:D:D:D

Props to Noorja and IDAFC for some pretty fast splits already.

This car / track combo is not my strong suit to say the least, so I'm not expecting much as far as results this week. Best clean save so far with the Loctite Zexel: 18.781/41.987/53.585.

Here's my intitial setup after some testing, I'd guess about 75% done more or less:

12/15
45/45
10/10/10/10
2.0/2.0
0/0
7/7

24/12

LSD 5/20/5

Gears Auto 31

1.00/1.25

ASM 0
TCS 5

If anyone would like to share some setts I wouldn't mind as I'm not familiar with these cars at all. I've never used them, all 3 had 0 miles on them.:confused:

THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY
:dopey: :cheers: :dopey: :dunce:

Well, I decided to run 10 or 15 laps before I go to bed, and I'm glad I did as I made some nice progress on my best clean save:

18.236/41.425/52.912

Used same setts as above. I'm off to bed now, nite all.:D

My name is Forest, Forest GUBBED. Need a new one. Too many miles. Where can I win the Zexel again?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll look on GTP's Prize car list...

Originally posted by noojra
BTW ppl I found this cool site where racers of GT3 can post up there times based on the type of car they drive and I saw alot of user names simmilar to the ones on the Weekly Series

Racing Line's Course Records

like Max E and Missing Link.

were those posts made by you guys?

:D Fast B!tch in 14th is me :P

Not done 1 lap in this yet, maybe tomorrow :)

Hi All,
Best clean save so far is T1:17.5 T2:41.3.
I just have to get T# 3 area nailed down.I will put setup(s) on later.Now back to the track........,

cinjun8

Originally posted by cinjun8
Best clean save so far is T1:17.5 T2:41.3.

Is your T1 a typo? My best clean T1 was about 18.075 and the fastest I ever got through T1 with cutting corners and / or track runoffs is 17.900. If you can really get through T1 that fast cleanly either you have way more traction than I could find outta the car or I need to do some more work:confused:

Anyway new best clean save is : 18.191 / 41.121 / 52.431

My last segment on this lap wasn't too hot so I know I can get .200 or so off my overall if I can manage to find some free time over the holiday weekend.:D

Back