Weekly Race Series, Week 20 - Sky High

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 61 comments
Originally posted by cinjun8
Hi
Yes it is, it should be T1=17.9
Hopefully it will be right later,though!

Awesome sector man. Get the rest of that lap down!:D

Just a question for you guys

What speed r u going at the end on the straight?

I'm about 185 Miles at best

wow, looks like im gonna have to get back to work...havent touched this in a couple days. I'll have to give CFM's setts a try and see if they like me or not

BTW how do you all take the Long Chicane

and how come were not hearing from the Pro's? What time's are you guys getting? :confused:

I don't think I can fit this weeks race in I'm afraid unless I can get my work done before the weekend but it's looking unlikely at the moment :(

After a good lap Lastnight I got a 52.8 my best so far. It looks like I'm loosing time from T2 because after I got an 18.1 I got a 41.2 and then a 52.8 maybe I'm taking the wrong line or something. :confused:

Any how there is still time to improve

BTW: Lotus have you ran any laps as yet?

:mad:
yell.gif

I just got a 40.956 from a 18.124 and then slid off the left hander after T2 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I think I'm gonna cry :(

Calsonic 18.036-40.841-51.933, submitted.

Just before I did this lap, I had a 17.924-40.596-51.690.
When I saw the T3, I had to look again and missed the braking point. 🤬
So, noojra, there you go, a target to shoot at. It looks like your close. 👍
I am so burned out, from learning this MT, that I just want to do something else.
party.gif

I am now using MT and it's still a little foreign. It seems to be faster than AT.

Good luck, everyone. :)

BTW, my setup:

15/15
45/45
10/10
10/10
2.0/1.0
0.0/0.0
7/7

24/12

5/20/5

Max DF

ASM 0
TCS 2

Based on CFM's, thanks for posting them. 👍

Originally posted by noojra

BTW: Lotus have you ran any laps as yet?

Yeah 2 :lol: and spun everywhere so I threw the joypad down in a rage :P

I'll try again with the wheel this time though, maybe later depending how I feel ;)

:lol: Yeah but I gave it a soft landing unlike Ron, I throw it on the couch and not the floor or up in the air while it's plugged in :P

Originally posted by Oliver DePlace
Calsonic 18.036-40.841-51.933, submitted.

Just before I did this lap, I had a 17.924-40.596-51.690.
When I saw the T3, I had to look again and missed the braking point. 🤬
So, noojra, there you go, a target to shoot at. It looks like your close. 👍
I am so burned out, from learning this MT, that I just want to do something else.
party.gif

I am now using MT and it's still a little foreign. It seems to be faster than AT.

Good luck, everyone. :)

BTW, my setup:

15/15
45/45
10/10
10/10
2.0/1.0
0.0/0.0
7/7

24/12

5/20/5

Max DF

ASM 0
TCS 2

Based on CFM's, thanks for posting them. 👍

How did you get those gears man, whats your auto setting?

Hey everyone... guess who's finally posting again?!

Well at the moment Im off work and have sunday off too.

That means Im gonna be doing a lil racing this week. Nothing special.

Ive been checking in from time to time and just never posted or raced.

However, just to mention it... I have a free subscription to a gaming mag. and it is doing an issue for gt4 next installment, so I will be posting about that.

GT4 was shown at E3 just recently and I can tell you all a few things for sure.

4,000 + polygons per car
500 + vehicles
new AI
50 different tracks
online play (non voice supported)
pit teams at pit stops
new physics engine
and a pear tree :D

I know this isnt the place for that... just wanted to get it down, this area is pretty popular and one I my only posting areas. You guys deserve to here that stuff.

Back later on with times and updates about this race.

BTW, boom, do you think we will be doing the rgt anytime soon?

Frankly, I think pit team graphics are a waist of memory and whatever else. I'd rather just have the option of adjusting parts and changing tire type.

Doesn't look like we're going to have alot of participants this week.:odd: I've got my run in for the week though, final save was:

18.189 / 40.844 / 52.100

Good luck everyone,see you at the finish line.;) :D

Sorry guys i've been busy this week and starting a new job on monday :( i'll try tonight and maybe get my last time in for the time being .......... as Torc also starts this week :D

Its been fun guys and hope to race you's again soon :cool:

Laters

For the record .. i can say since i first started racing some of you's ... you's have all improved loads in the skill factor 👍

Good luck all ;)

I'll be back :mischievous:

Originally posted by Talentless
Frankly, I think pit team graphics are a waist of memory and whatever else. I'd rather just have the option of adjusting parts and changing tire type.

I heard a wee rumour that you will be able to make adjustments to the car during a race when you pit..

Also there will not be graphical damage the PS2 doesn't have the hardware to cope..

The Ai are more considerate and adjust their course to prevent collisions...

Sim mode is now called GT universe .players will be able to buy cars from new and used car dealers even museums :eek:

Sorry this should be in the Rumours and spec forum....:embarrassed:

@Ron good luck with your new job mate hope everything works out ;) 👍

I wont be submitting a time this week, i've been so busy and not had a chance to run a single lap :(

Hopefully see you's next round...

Originally posted by pedrodaman

@Ron good luck with your new job mate hope everything works out ;) 👍

Hopefully see you's next round...

Cheers mate ;) pre new job nerves are kickin in :embarrassed: but we'll see how it goes :cool:

catchya later Pedro 👍

I don't think i can manage to get some quality runs done on this one. I'm too busy with GTL and, as Ron said, Torc 10 starts this week.

Good luck on your new job, Ron!

I beat my Lap time yestoday by almost a second and almost got a 51.xxx but missed it by about .2xx

If only I new the best line through the downhill and uphill after T2 I'm sure I would of done a lot better

Anyhow here's my T's

T1 18.112 :cool:
T2 40.644 :mischievous:
T3 52.268 :irked:

this is with the Calsonic

I tried to beat my time but just couldn't make.

BTW Here's mi setup mates ;) Arr

13.8 - 14.8
50 - 55
7- 7
10 - 10
2.8 - 1.5
0.5 - 1.0
5 - 6

18 - 16

Auto 33

MAX DF

TCS 5 :D this car is a little tail happy

You guy's could try this out and let me know what you think.
that goes for you too Oliver ;)

Laters

Edit : BTW Mr P I see you finaly changed your Avatar :lol:

damn.. i just signed up for this and i only have 1 day to do this :D

well. we'lll see what happens.. so, when i get my time, i just send it to boom?

Yes Silverpuyo, send him a PM with the time in the PM, not in the subject.

BTW welcome and good luck!

/D

Hi.
Right now,I am @186mph entering turn 1,I set 4th and 5th to get more top end (speed),downshifting to 4th and braking @ about 146,147 mph for the chicane.As the tail end slips a little ,I find it is setting me up to drop to 3rd,and pointing me into the chicane. I try to make turn 1 and the chicane a sweeping turn.braking early at the chicane is vital,so you can get on the accel.as quickly as possible in 3rd, and up to 4th as quickly as possible.I am trying not to ride the rumble strips,but I get as close as possible.
This seems to work for me,but i havent been racing for long.
I have gotten a 17.9 T1,but I was way up on the rumble strips,so I am still trying to better myself.
I hope this helps you.Or anyone,for that matter.

Later,
cinjun8

dude, you have to stick t7's on the calsonic and loctite to make this fair.

BOOO!!!! two car race.

P.S. Max E. kicks ass.

I was going to just leave this week as I hate Apricot 2 and I'm pretty crap in the skylines, but thought what the hell and went for a few laps on the wheel tonight, managed a clean save ( not fast at all ) 18.845/41.765/52.921/ using Calsonic :embarrassed:

I'm going to submit this time now even though I know full well that within 10 laps I could easily beat it, but I left it all a bit too late this week to even think of getting an average result .

Now all I can hope is only 2 other pro's submit and I got me a podium :D :rolleyes:

No matter really though, this is 20 outta 20 for me ! can't say I'm not reliable :D

Good luck to whoever submits for this week :) 👍

Time Submitted. Didnt really race a WHOLE lot this week...only about 160 miles, as opposed to usual 3-400+ , and 100 of those miles were tonight, but i came out w/ split times of 18.0/41.0/52.1, so i think that should be pretty decent, tho i just couldnt get that second sector down. heres my setup in case any of you are trying any last minute runs

9.5/11.5
65/70
10/10
10/10
2.6/1.5
0/0
4/4

20/17

5/15/5
auto 31

1.00/1.15
tcs 2

shes a little loose, but thats the way i like em ;)

Hi ALL:
:D Just got back from Vacation ("Holiday" to you Europeans) & didn't think I'd have time to get in this week's challenge. (Looks like I missed two great races.) But thanks to noojra I found a chassis set-up that suits my "Lack of Style" & plugged it in along w/my trans set-up. Saw a coupla 17.9s but couldn't hold on for the rest of the lap. Wish I had at least one more day. THANX AGAIN noojra...UB57
:D

Back