Weekly Race Series, Week 22

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 86 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
The Car:

RX-7 LM Race Car, fully modded, your choice of tires.

The Track: Tokyo R246 II (Reverse)

The Race: Arcade mode, Single Race, Beginner (2 lapper)

The Rules:

1. No wall touching.
2. Must have 2 tires on the track at all times.
3. Rumble strips are considered part of the track.
4. No cheating of any kind.
5. No hybrids.
6. Avoid contact with the AI cars at all costs. Light contact that wil not give you any advantage will be considered acceptable.

Time Discussion: All T times.

The Deadline: Monday at Midnight, Mountain Standard Time, USA, -7 GMT. July 21st.

Now you're talkin :mischievous:

C'mon guys you can't miss the chance to show me how to drive Tokyo II :P :P :P

I've started getting interest in gt3 again so I might do this one when I get the car. Thats only if I get this computer fixed that I'm supposed to be working on. :embarrassed:

Originally posted by boombexus
And you better run this Kelly. No using some old super fast replay you have had saved for years. :P ;)

Oh I'll run this, don't you worry :mischievous: I don't have any old races here just blazin free run laps ;) :P

Aw yeah aw yeah :mischievous: now you're talking ma man can't miss this one :mischievous:..

Hows about a rematch Lotus :mischievous: :P oh i should still have my settings from the last time i ran this..
Yip im well in ..:)

Jake E - 1'17.681
Mr P - 1'17.719
FuryX21 - 1'17.950
Daan - 1'18.459
pedrodaman - 1'18.842
Zero - 1'18.908
Lotus- 1'19.319
FLYBUYF1 -1'19.818
D.A.M -1'19.971
GT3Emperor -1'20.179
UB57 - 1'20.201
advanR - 1'21.511
Thrasher187 - 1'21.725
Dodge the Viper- 1'21.822
duo17 -1'26.314

Looks like I have some revenge to dish out eh:P Best go dust off this momo :mischievous:

Man i forgot i got 5th place that time round..

Looking forward to this one :mischievous: this time im determined to get that 1'17.XXX lap i nearly had it the last time..

Im sure we will both do better this time round ..

Good luck see you on the track :mischievous: ;)

:D I better post some T-times right away 'cause i know my times will get buried on this one. The RX7LM is just too quick for my aged & decrepit reflexes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

T1: 0'38.264 / T2: 1'12.970
T1: 0'30.359 / T2: 1'05.924

Keepin' her off the Armaco is a full time job, anxious to see what the Fast Guys (& Girl) 👍 can do w/this one...UB57
:D

Hey hope i do well cause I turn 21 on July 20th, It would be a nice birthday present to win:D well good luck and ill try and get some T times in soon;)
later

Wow i just smashed my previous best lap by a long way pitty it wasn't a free run lap ..

The first lap was a bit sketchy but i should be able to iron those out soon..

Back lata with some split times...:mischievous: :)

I wont say i'm not tempted :D ....... but then again i'm tempted by most combos , finding the time is the issue for me at the moment ! if i can i will .................... Good luck all !

Kel is a bit quick here :D

Im settling into this one quite nicely ,even have the car setup from last time ..My new lap record came quite easily.. i wish it was in free run so i could save that lap replay :irked: i will try some free run practise..

Just get in and race ,i like i like..:D

Good luck all 👍

Hi All,
I really need some help with setup on this car.The car is so loose I cant drive it. I have been reading up on settings, but nothing seems to work.Can someone help me?
In the meantime,back to try some more.
Thanks,
cinjun8

Hiya cinjun8 :
:D CANNOT "vouch" for these settings as I haven't tried them myself. (I just got them off "WERNER's" file & will try 'em myself tomorrow.) I know I'm ALREADY well behind Pedrodaman & Lotus 350 w/My set-up & knowing my tuning skills suck, so I'm open to try any settings any time.

Spring Rate...........17.0/20.0
Ride Height...........65/60
Bound....................10/10
Rebound...............10/10
Camber..................1.7/0.9
Toe.......................0.0/0.0
Stabs....................5/5

Brakes..................18/15

LSD......................5/5/5

Final Drive...........5.499
Auto Set..............21

Downforce...........1.00/1.21
ASM.....................0
TCS.......................1

Let me know how they work for you...UB57

Hi ,
Thank You UB57!
I will try them out tomorrow.I just finished for the night.
It can get pretty frustrating bouncing from wall to wall,stopping,setting,re-setting,etc. I guess it is more incentive for me to learn tuning the right way.
Thanks again,
cinjun8

Springs: 4 / 9.5
Height: 90 / 85
Bound: 9 / 10
Rebound: 9 / 10
Camber: 4.1 / 3.3
Toe: -1 / 1
Stabilizer: 4 / 7

Brakes: 24 / 24

Final: 4.300
Automatic: 36
LSD Init.: 0 / 10
LSD Accel.: 0 / 40
LSD Decel.: 0 / 20

Downforce: 1 / 1.25
TCS: 6
ASM: 0

Enjoy!

Where's yours Pedro :irked:.
Your setup that is, afraid we might whoop ya :rolleyes: :lol: :D

Just kiddin. I only ran 2 laps and got some realy lousy times like 1,05.xxx so I must thank UB57 and lotus for posting some setups. I'll try them later 👍

I only wish this was Tokyo foward and not reverse Since I almost never ran this track in reverse :(

Forgot to mention that set up I posted is Ron's, nothing to do with me :P :D

Not raced any more yet... too busy enjoying the sunshine! man it's hot :cool:

Originally posted by lotus350
Not raced any more yet... too busy enjoying the sunshine! man it's hot :cool:

THANX for the Set-Up Lotus 350:
:D But I do have an "Off Topic" question. Is that "ENGLAND Hot"@75 degrees, "TEXAS Hot"@101 today, or "Avondale ARIZONA Hot"@115 degrees???:lol: :lol: :lol: ...UB57

Oh forgot to mention ... a break from the sun and into the shade gives me a new best save:D

L1 - 36.5 / 1'10.9
L2 - 29.8 / 1'04.2

:)

Originally posted by lotus350
Oh forgot to mention ... a break from the sun and into the shade gives me a new best save:D

L1 - 36.5 / 1'10.9
L2 - 29.8 / 1'04.2

:)

Get Back in the SUN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D I'm already about 5-6 seconds off the pace & I don't do well w/the High HP/Loose Chassis combos. SLOW DOWN!!! ...UB57

Originally posted by noojra
Where's yours Pedro :irked:.
Your setup that is, afraid we might whoop ya :rolleyes: :lol: :D

The same setup that Lotus posted..

And you have allready whooped me ..Im pulling out of this one too..:rolleyes:

Laters have fun ;)

Originally posted by pedrodaman
The same setup that Lotus posted..

And you have allready whooped me ..Im pulling out of this one too..:rolleyes:

Laters have fun ;)

Me Whooping you? Man That'll be the day....

any how here's me T's

I thought I was strugling here because i was way off those Lap times posted earlier 1,18's and 1,19's Untill you guys started to post your T's. I was just a tad slower than Kelly untill she posted her updated time :irked:

T1 30.3xx best is 29.9xx but didn't finish the lap
T2 1,05.1xx

BTW this is with Free run. I'm currently learning this track and I must say it really is a hand full especially with this RX7, I'm skidding all over the road :P

Back later with some hopefully better times

Originally posted by UB57
THANX for the Set-Up Lotus 350:
:D But I do have an "Off Topic" question. Is that "ENGLAND Hot"@75 degrees, "TEXAS Hot"@101 today, or "Avondale ARIZONA Hot"@115 degrees???:lol: :lol: :lol: ...UB57

hahaha, yeah, you dont KNOW hot until you step into my world...into hell! haha. Anyways, havent done any racing yet...work (and the heat) have been sucking all my energy away. I do have off tomorrow, but I'm plannin on buyin a sixer and floatin out in my pool all day and soakin up some of that HEAT. Maybe i'll try to fit some racing in tomorrow, this last weeks race really took a lot out of me. haha

Back