Weekly Race Series, Week 22

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 86 comments
When it's over 95f, that's too hot for me.
After you've taken off all of your clothes and you're still pouring sweat, well.....

Gotta work, so not much time for racing. I know, I know...
nopity.gif

Best save:
35.707 - 1:09.930
29.587 - 1:03.976
L1 is PB and L2 is .4 from PB.

FWIW:

11/11
55/55
7/7
7/10
2.0/1.0
0.0/0.0
4/4

9/9

5/5/5
Auto21

1.00/1.22

No Pedro? Why not toss a time into the bucket like me? (Not that I'm a bucket):lol:
Just for fun. :)

silverpuyo: Did you get a X-Port?

Originally posted by pedrodaman
.Im pulling out of this one too..:rolleyes:

Laters have fun ;)

Damn Pedro, why are you pulling out ? another podium for me ?

I would really like to fight for that podium and you're making it too easy for me :irked:

Nice sectors ODP! 👍 I'll have to chase them down ;)

Sorry peeps work is busting my balls at the mo :( plus im give the Girlfriend a little more attention..

I don't have a good save yet first lap is sketchy second is an absolute stormer :D..
Ok i will try to get a time down .but no promises..im planning on going away this weekend as it's Glasgow fair weekend.. so monday will be my only day to race should be plenty to get a half deicent lap down..

Laters ;)

ugh.....just when i thought i was decent at gt3, i end up not being able to come close to half these times already, sigh......ill attempt to improve and ill post some times so everyone can laugh at my horrible driving, hehe, alright, be back later

Originally posted by 95SLPZ28
ill post some times so everyone can laugh at my horrible driving, hehe, alright, be back later
Welcome Aboard 95SLPZ28:
:D No one here's gonna laugh at you. This is a LEARNING OLR. Ask good questions, get good answers & your driving wiil improve I "GUAR-ON-TEE"!!! Some of the finest driver's around hang out here & I know their generousity w/set-ups & advice has certainly made me a better driver...UB57
:D

PS: This ride is a real "Handfull" even for most of the Pros I suspect. Don't give up!!!

ugh.....just when i thought i was decent at gt3, i end up not being able to come close to half these times already, sigh......ill attempt to improve and ill post some times so everyone can laugh at my horrible driving, hehe, alright, be back later

dude, Sean, where were you last week?? Believe me man, dont let this discourage you. Believe me you do get better the more you race...i mean, i thought i was pretty good when i first signed up w/ this too, but got my ass handed to me right off the bat. Just stick w/ it man, we've got some VERY fast people here, as long as you do the best YOU can do thats all you can ask for, and in time you will get better. I KNOW i have. Plus UB's right, that rx7 is a lot to handle, I know its not your style, but thats what i love about this series, its forced me to use cars I might not usually be familar w/ or be good at. I'd try some laps right now, but I told Justin I was doin my part down here to help him celebrate his 21'st, so im not good for much right now, I'm surprised youre not out w/ him right now. As for me, my glass is empty so im gonna go fill it up again, and maybe go wash my real car...its been cloudy here all day so its only like 103 out right now instead of 115 :lol: Its pretty nice out! Just stick w/ it man..i really should do some laps soon, ive got alotta catchin up to do

Yeah dude listen to UB57 and IDAFC21 they're absolutley right, just enjoy yourself mate ,thats what we're here for ;)
Don't worry no one will laugh at you :)
Oh and welcome to the weekly races dude 👍..

Sorry guys still no time to report :( i will try for a time tommorow morning before i go ,if not i will do it on monday..

Laters :)

Hey everybody. Im interested in this competition, but not really sure what im supposed to do. Im completely new to this thread and competitions in general. This will be my first if I can get in. I doubt im fast enough but I would like to try. Any advice on how to start? I have the LM. And i have my set up. Just race and post the sector times for both laps? Or can I not just jump in the competition? Sorry for all these noob questions but I guess I gotta start somewhere. :) Thanks

Hey speeddrifter04 welcome 👍 before you can race you need to got to this thread to register as a driver ..
Look at the first post in the link this will tell you everything you need to know ;)

awesome. Boom said that im in. Im a beginner(nothing i didnt expect) he says but he isnt sure. I think ill be in beginner. Ive been racing seriously for about a month now:) So i excepted nothing more. glad to be a part of this :)

hmmm are u good speeddrifter?

i am also a beginner.. have 0 experience with tuning ..
perhaps we can pm the laptimes and see how each other is doing?

Thanks for the setups guys.I hope i get to use them this weekend.I gotta get this race in.I don`t wanta be last like last week.

How can i get a RX-7 LM race car??? i cant find it!!!

and i want 2 see how fast i can do it cuz all u r really good !!!

where can i find it or how???:confused:

Hi All,
You can win it in Am. League-Dream Car Champ.
I looked @ the Prize Car list.

@ ODP:Thanks for that setup,man! At first I couldnt even drive the car,then UB57 gave me a setup that made it possible to turn good laps,then I tried your setup and while I am not nearly as fast as your times,I just get faster and faster with that setup.I am learning the track in sections,now if I could just put them all together.

To the new guys:Welcome!
Ditto to what UB57 said earlier.
This Series is very challenging and fun.Good people make it even better.
Good Luck!

cinjun8

:) Thanks you guys for the warm welcome. This is sure to be an awesome expierience and i hope to learn much from it. Maybe i will even win a couple ;) (beginner series that is)

Well, so far best save:

L1: 36.1/1'10.7
L2: 29.2/1'03.8

CLEAN. The first lap still needs some work but the second lap was pretty smokin. So far ive only got about 135 miles on the clock...100 of which were free run, so i havent had a lotta race time yet, so HOPEFULLY my times will get better yet, but if they dont im happy w/ what i have now. This car/track combo is quite a handfull, even for one lap, but no, we gotta do 2! haha. I hope next weeks race is a little more laid back :P

Dagnamit I'm gonna get creamed this round.

The best t2 I'v gotten so far is a 1,04.9xx. I guess its because I'v done very little racing this week, or maybe I just really suck :D

BTW thanks ODP for you setup thanks to it my laps are really consistant. and a big Welcome to the noobies ;) 👍

Hi everyone, I haven't really been in the mood to play the last 2 weeks or so, just kind of burned out after 20 weeks in a row, I haven't even turned on my PS2 until today really. I ran a quick 10 minute setup session to get a half azzed setup and ran about 8 complete races or so, I got a 37.491/1:12.413 // 30.545/1:05.873:embarrassed: Not very good I know, but hey, I only played for about 30 minutes or so.:lol: Anyway, I won't really be working on this time anymore before Monday, just thought I'd lay down a run so Noorja,UB57, and IDAFC21 could have someone to look down upon from the podium.;) Have fun everyone, I'll most likely be back in the mood to run some races in a week or two. Later and good luck all, CFM

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
just thought I'd lay down a run so Noorja,UB57, and IDAFC21 could have someone to look down upon from the podium.;)

Haha, dont sweat it man, we all have those moments..hell i wasnt even really in the mood to race this week, but somthin got into me last night and i just had to put some laps down...glad i did too!

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
just thought I'd lay down a run so Noorja,UB57, and IDAFC21 could have someone to look down upon from the podium.;) Later and good luck all, CFM
:D PODIUM ??? What's a PODIUM ??? :D

Must be gettin' better (or Not As Bad) from hangin' around here. Have tried set-ups from ODP, Mr P & Flinx as well as one of my own. Can get them ALL in the 1'04 range but not real consistantly.

My best so far:

T1: 36.5xx / T2: 1'10.7xx
T1: 29.4xx / T2: 1'03.3xx

Settings available for anyone useing a MOMO. Don't think they'd work well w/anything else...UB57
:D

I have to say this is a toughy to string 2 together clean! :irked: had an hour last night and about 2 hours on it earlier and i can throw in either a blazin lap 1 and an impact will follow on lap 2 ......

.. or a slow lap 1 and half decent lap 2 :banghead: ,Its gotta rank as the most frustrating combo i've tried in ages , dont think i'll put too much into it as i can see me smashing a DS2 over this one :embarrassed:

here's my best so far L1-35.5 / 1.09.6 L2 - 28.7/ 1.02.9
.. but thats my best sectors not save :embarrassed: it's a lot slower :D ...

L1 -35.9 / 1.09.9
L2 -29.4 / 1.03.4:embarrassed:

good luck to the guy who can throw this monster around for 2 superfast laps back 2 back :cool: coz i cant !:P

laters

Back