Weekly Race Series, Week 26

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 145 comments
Wow! Thats awesome man!
I'm feeling pretty good now that I am getting T1 of 32.8.Hopefully I can put one into my clean save.
I have to start getting the clean laps earlier,though.The last few weeks have been right down to the wire.

Later,
cinjun8

Edit:From the looks of it, we are putting a pretty big dent into the records from R-L that CFM posted on pg 1!

wow, awesome T1 times Cinjun, i'll be lucky if i can get anything clean into the 33's....i have been down there, just nothing clean. I havent done anything on this tonight OR last night, been working some long hours the last couple days and its the same thing tomorrow, but I will try to find some energy to give a last ditch effort tomorrow night after i get off work, im not expecting much tho, as it stands now, if i dont get anything better tomorrow night, my best clean splits are 34.0/1'27.3/2'20.7

Great job Cinjun on the T1, i have only been able to get a 33.9 only once but not on a clean save, i do have a better save but my t times arent faster, i just really flew through the hills really fast, my time on that was about 2 seconds faster, so hopefully i can get even faster t times

later

I think it's time for me to hit the amateur's with my time
There is no way of keeping up with you guys you can say
I've not really got into race26

I wont bother posting my T's :embarrassed:

Even more :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: from me at those sectors Bri 👍 1.23 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

watched your old save run last night and its as sweet as a nut ;) makes me wish i could use my momo on tar to my advantage :( ...
awesome run anyway mate , i see where you beat my ass anyway as i'm ahead on T2 :D

...it's the last circle section before T3 you take flat out and gain where as my set up is making me let the gas off and on until i find the line :banghead:

Ran a few more laps last night and got a new save in the end taking 1.4 secs of my total time and ready to call it a day there ... this has been the most frustrating combo i've ever run ... coz i know i have more :( just cant put it together as well as i'd like to

my last save has 33.5 / 1.25.3 / 2.17.9 and i'm all out of thumb power :P

Thanx again for the heads up on how to show this course who is boss 👍 ....... you are my man ;)

laters :cool:

sorry guys, for all my big talk, i won't be submitting a time. and no, it's not just because i can't win (which of course i openly admit i have no chance of doing). i just got madden 2004 and i now remember what it is like to enjoy playing a game. i imagine this is how i was about gt3 2 years ago. what i have with gt3 is just some dysfuntional parasitical relationship and after my latest gaming experience, i realize it's time to go for now. see you all later and best of luck to each and every one of you.

Originally posted by Max E.
i realize it's time to go for now. see you all later and best of luck to each and every one of you.

Adious Amigo 👍

I think i'll be going down the same road :cool: i've done my bit with GT3

I'll still be posting .... but back racing for GT4 .... unless it's a combo i cant resist :D ...Cya's then

Week 26 race time submitted :)

Later,guys,Thanks for the help in making me a better driver,and ,a better tuner.I hope to see you guys back here at some point.
Later,
cinjun8

I sure will be looking forward to racing you guys when GT4 comes out!

My racing time is submitted.

Well I said I would submit if I had a clean lap done , at the time I had a dirty lap saved and never even went back on it until tonight ...took it for roughly 7 full laps in the Momo ( just made up a set up of my own) and my first clean one I saved, chased for a few got pissed at it, so submitted.
I left roughly 3 seconds worth of cornering skill on the track but I don't care the hill slalom was fun fun fun!! and all cones intact (just) :D :cool:

Good luck everyone else! 👍 I won't be back for a while
( depends how long they hold back the GT4 release;) )

It's been fun, laters :)

Alright,.. I'm done with this for now,.. goal set:goal met,...... unfortunately, I left about 2 full seconds on the track :irked: .SPS replay and MPEG video will be available tomorrow night. Time submitted. Great comp Boom,.. great comp ;)

Good lcuk racing :cool:
RER

Hi All,
My clean save has a T1 of 33.1
T2=1:27.8
T3=2:20.6
15 min after deadline,I did a 32.4,1:26.6,2:19.8.Oh well.
No matter what, I had a blast this week,nice selection Boom!
Later,
cinjun8

(I think I may keep after this combo,I keep getting faster here)

Originally posted by cinjun8
Hi All,
My clean save has a T1 of 33.1
T2=1:27.8
T3=2:20.6
15 min after deadline,I did a 32.4,1:26.6,2:19.8.Oh well.
No matter what, I had a blast this week,nice selection Boom!
Later,
cinjun8

(I think I may keep after this combo,I keep getting faster here)

well, I sure didnt win this week:D

great times Cinjun:eek:

Well Im not joking anyone here.

My last save was somewhere in the 2.22 area with a final that could still lose time.

Had I been able to race more this week, it would be likely that the time could go down. (as with us all)

Thats what Ive liked about this combo and this weeks race.

Looking forward to seeing a good turn out this week, although Im kinda down about max not putting in a time. All's well though, just one less bad ass to try and keep up with.

Im suprised with cinjun's performance. Frankly, I find it amazing, and look forward to hearing about your experience this week. (good job)

I know Im in the last spot for the pros and somewhere in the overall top 10. (hopefully)

Then again, hopefully there will be a turn out of more than 10 people. (In that case, maybe I should just aim for being in the top half of competitors.)

I gotta ask, how many people have been here for the entire duration of the weekly series.

I missed a few weeks in the early 20's and late teen's. Maybe weeks 18-22 at most.

enough for now, sorry, good bye.

Originally posted by Mr P
I wonder who won ?? ... suspense is killin me :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D

We're ALL winners for takin this car/track combo head-on :cheers:

........................... ok, I'll admit that was cheesy :P But it still rings true:)

You're too modest Sir Red eye:D ;)

............................ I do agree though congrats to all that stuck this out and never gave up 👍 I cursed my way into the guiness book of records i think :lol: not for my laptime :embarrassed: but for the most swear words uttered in a week :P :cool:

:eek: :eek: :eek: Jesus wept man !! :eek: :eek:

I just saw your time at racing line whilst updating my own :odd: obviously your version of GT3 has stage 10 turbos :D

F'kin unreal and you definately gobsmacked me when i saw that 👍 what else can i say other than .... perfection ;) Good work man .... and nice time by Carbon too ! i know you didn't get to grips here but the result is definately respectable enough :cool:

laters guys ..... and 1 more for Bri ...:eek: :mischievous:

Originally posted by Mr P
:eek: :eek: :eek: Jesus wept man !! :eek: :eek:

I just saw your time at racing line whilst updating my own :odd: obviously your version of GT3 has stage 10 turbos :D

F'kin unreal and you definately gobsmacked me when i saw that 👍 what else can i say other than .... perfection ;) Good work man .... and nice time by Carbon too ! i know you didn't get to grips here but the result is definately respectable enough :cool:

laters guys ..... and 1 more for Bri ...:eek: :mischievous:

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: Thanx Ron, that really means a lot :cheers: I must admit,... it is the most satisfying lap-time I've ever submitted,.... but man-o-man,.. believe it or not, the 18 is most definately fathomable once you see the replay,... thanx again 👍 You deserve massive props yourself for pullin off your time with a DS/2,... we should start callin you Ultra thumbs :P

I alsmost shat myself when I saw RER's time over there, 10 seconds faster than mine.:eek:

Im almost positive Suprajef and Cinjun have me beat in Ametuer this week, hopefully I can hang on to third for a podium:embarrassed:

I know I coulda taken lots more off but I'd be damned if I could get a setup i liked, I ran a few laps in the 3.28's but dropped a wheel here or there...maybe I'll go back and run the R390 round a few laps for ****s and giggles.

Is everyone going to send their times to Racing-Line this week?

I just updated Kels time at Racing Line as well 👍 4 down .... who's next :D

we could find all the top 10 anew from today :cool: ;)

So Im guessing (based on cfm's post) that final lap times are being mentioned here and there...

Lets just wait for boom to post before we go off on that stuff.

Although, I gotta say, it sure it gonna be hard to consider myself happy with the results of my work.

For one, the time I turned in was still slow. I dont mean slow in terms of overall placment, but I mean slow interms of what I saw from myself during the occasional ruined or dirty lap. Then with the final times I pulled on a couple of different laps, I know that I can easily pull off another .7 from my time.... (thats .7 with a lap at my current pace, without some of the slop on my current best lap.)

Of course, overall, I stand to lose about 10+ seconds on the overall. (being that I cant ignore times like p and rer's)

Good job everybody.

Personally, Im looking to see how far behind idafc I am... thats what Im looking forward to... Oh yeah, and see what cinjun got/ what he's got to say about it.

Talk to you guys as soon as I see boom taking care of this stuff...

till then,
-kent

btw, the race ended last night right?

We're not putting in updated times even if they came today or last night after time???

good, it wouldnt be fair.

Originally posted by GoKents

btw, the race ended last night right?

We're not putting in updated times even if they came today or last night after time???

good, it wouldnt be fair.

Yes, the race ended last night. No updates on times are applicable after this morning at 12am Mountain time (7am GMT). But just cause Boom hasnt put up results,.. doesnt mean we're not entitled to submit them to the DataBase eh?;)

This was my first attempt at the weekly race series. I sent my qualifying lap in earlier this week. I'm looking forward to the upcoming races since I noticed my skills improve quite a bit with this week's racing.

While I'm here, I might as well put these in:
T1 34.962
T2 1:31.983
T3 2:26.793
(dual shock controller)

Looking forward to racing with you guys.
Michael K

Latest Posts

Back