Weekly Race Series, Week 26

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 145 comments
Originally posted by Red Eye Racer
Work the circles from outside-to-inside(middle rumbles)-back to-outside,.... drift at the apex if need be, just keep that nose pointed in or your gone 👍 I also utilize that brake at the same time as the accell,.... it helps A LOT to do that 👍

Thanks RER, I'll be sure to test that out tonight after work!

Yeah,.. it's a bit tricky,.. just be sure not to over-acellerate through the exit or else you wont have a good angle to set up for the next one 👍

Yeah,.. it's a bit tricky,.. just be sure not to over-acellerate through the exit or else you wont have a good angle to set up for the next one 👍

Your advice really helped me out alot, i just got a new best save with a T3 of 2.23.8xx:eek: I'm so proud of myself, i would say that the circle section isnt the worst part of my run now, the first part is the slowest

i have some really slow t1 and t2 times so i know i can shave off at least a couple of seconds off my final!

thanks again i really appreciate!

and im gonna put in some more time and get the t1 and t2 times down, so heres my new best save

35.3, 1.29.8, 2.23.8

best t1 but dirty is 34.3
best t2 is 1.28.xxx
and best t3 is the clean one i have
later

and does the steering wheel really help that much?

yes,... it's worth, on this course, at least 3 seconds a lap.

Wow:eek:

Where can i get one then? they are available in the US arent they?

You can either buy the one below NOW,.. or you can wait for GT4 when the NEW Logitech will be introduced.....

Personally, if you have the extra cash,.. get the MOMO now 👍 It's the best wheel on the market, and will also work for your PC,.. one drawback is that GT3 is the ONLY PS/2 game it works on.

Click here to buy your gettin for a killer price at $92,.. mine was $129.

I think Ill wait for GT4 so i can hang with the pros hopefully since everyone will start out fresh and moneys tight too

the link isnt working, says page requested not found

Originally posted by suprajef
"back with updates hopefully later, but for now, its off to lunch.
btw, last night yeilded another good opener with a 46.3.
cya"-GoKents

Do you mean 34.6? ummm qoute wouldnt put the whole sentence in:odd:

well ive used some of Mr. P's settings and changed them up a bit, i was able to get some 2.24.s but havent got a clean one yet:irked:

I think why worst part is the long circle section, what is the best way for that section?

later

My bad on that...

I didnt mean either.

I meant 34.3.

That is exactly what I wanted to say.

Im pretty sure it will be in the replay of a save, but if its not, I have a dirty one of a "clean t1: 34.2." However, I dont know if that would be of intrest compared to the t1's that top pro's are pulling. (I dont know what those guys are pulling.)

Sorry again, back later...

type in "Logitech MOMO GT Froce Wheel" in that search box that comes up in the link,.. it'll bring ya right too it 👍

hey is that a new wheel :D the froce is with you young red eye :lol:

Originally posted by GoKents
compared to the t1's that top pro's are pulling. (I dont know what those guys are pulling.)

My best T1 has been 33.1 and a few 33.2's but i average T1's of 33.4 - 33.5 ( my best save has a 33.3 )..... I think Red eye will be pulling flat 33's maybe even high 32's :eek:

Yeah, my best is a 34.1 ....if i can break into ANY 33 i'll be happy. Gotta give this another shot later on...havent touched it yet today, work took longer than expected, but I will hopefully be back tonight w/ some improved times

hey!

I just got down a 2.22.5??

It ended up dirty, but faster than the session best. So I got to save a clean 2.22.5 to race, from a dirty lap.

I will be back if it helps, but for the mean time, its no ghost and a 2.20 on my mind for the end of the week.

I think I had a high 32 once, that slalom section can be taken quite fast if you get it right.

Best T3 2:21.720

New best time. 34.0/1'27.3/2'20.7 Definently not my best splits (tho the 34.0 is the best saved one ive had so far) but i musta done somthin right somewhere cuz i got a new lap time that was about .300 better. the times coming off in smaller increments now, but im still workin it down and gettin closer to my goal for this week. Im even startin to see a few 33's :D best one so far is a 33.8 but i keep screwin em up. Ah well....back to racing.

looks like i'm taking an "A" class beating this round. hopefully i won't get demoted to amateur statis. hell, i needed a humility lesson anyway. as if getting beat last week was'nt bad enough, now there is a parade over my slow ass.

Meh...happens to the best of us. Cant be good at everything...some weeks you get it, some you dont. Last week was definently not my week, tho I have had worse. This week...is turning out quite well for me. And w/ that, i jus put down a 34.7/1'26'8 but the lap just went to hell after that w/ a 2'20.6 and overall time that was .100 slower than my best :( whenever i see those 33's now i just get too jumpy, and that 1'26.8 didnt help either cuz thats the best t2 ive pulled to date. Hopefully i can pull somthin together soon here, i wont be happy until i see some form of at least a 33.X/1'26.X/2'19.X on a replay.

i'm not used to taking beatings week in and week out. ****in planeteers are getting hot hot hot. time for this old man to yield to the youth movement. awesome that you guys are right on my ass when that seemed so far fetched in the beginning. if you go back to the very first week you can see my prophecy: "put in the practice and you will rule" (paraphrased)

then again, i guess it's better to be a has been then a never was :lol:

Hi All,
I tried approaching the track in sections tonite,and got the first section down pretty well. A T1=33.1.The first time I saw it I drove into the wall,so I started over and tried again to make sure it wasnt a fluke.It wasnt.
I am having a bit of a problem in section T2,=1:29.8,
and a T3=2:22.9.
My save has a T1=33.3.I just have to get the middle part of the course down.I will practice right angle row tomorrow.

Later,
cinjun8

best times for me are
34.3, 1.28.xxx, 2.21.xxx,

i havent been able to get a clean one but hope to soon

but my best save t3 is a 2.23.8xx

time to practice some more, everyone else is getting faster

:( I had a few laps on this tonight and i'm really pissed off with the results :banghead:

these aren't in the same lap
best T1 of the night 32.716 went off as soon as i saw the sector
best t2 ................... 1.24.605 ( this T2 should have put me on a 2.16 T3 ) :(
best t3 ................... 2.17.5xx (had a 2.17.3 the other day)

point is i have about a dozen times beat my best save but under the logger there is always an off incident :mad:

my best clean save still from the other day has 33.5 / 1.25.7 / 2.18.0 ....

I may have to leave it there before i go mad :irked:

I know Red eye must have 2 secs on my total going by his sectors ;) it's looking like i cant give you a race this round man ... not through lack of trying though :D

Well i will try 1 more session before the deadline but i wont hold my breath .... frustation is a mild way to say how i feel with this test ... well done to Bri for showing true skill and putting me in my place for the umpteenth time 👍

I tried is my only defence :P laters guys

Woo Hoo!:P I got a new best save!

34.5, 1.28.7, 2.22.7

I hope to shave off some more time too.

later

Well, I haven't had any time to even try and improve my time over the last 2 days, so it looks like I'll just send in the time I ran on Thursday night.:( I just had a free 45 minutes to give it a quick run and I can't even hang close to my ghost at all, I'm sick of trying to get a setup that works halfway decent and I'm out of free time anyway unless a miracle happens.:rolleyes: Looks like Suprajef and Cinjun are almost dead even with me at T3, so It'll be close, unless you guys continue to improve which you probably will;) Later all see ya next week.:cool:

This is a little embaressing but I dont have a single 100% clean lap yet. So unless I find one today I guess you can put me down for DFL.

Hi All,
Still working towards a clean save, but I figured out section 2, and was able to gain a ****load of time there.Today I will work on "The Snake".
I have excellent times in each section,I just hope I can put them all together in one lap.

Later,
cinjun8

Originally posted by Mr P
hey is that a new wheel :D the froce is with you young red eye :lol:

:P

Originally posted by Mr P
best t2 ................... 1.24.605 [/i]

:eek: :eek: :eek: I dont think I've seen any of THOSE yet :eek: Excellent work 👍

Just got back into town,... doubt I'll have any more time in the next 36 hours. :(

T's are: 32.369/1'25.439/2'17.002

This was right up my alley Boom,... excellent choice, perfect for gettin back into the OLR grove,... had a blast :cheers:

Good Luck Racing :cool:
IR

I dont know exactly what times I just put down, but it was my best clean or dirty lap time.

It was sweet for me, although still off pace. Back with way more tomorrow, as it is a day off.

Till then...

Man-o-man,... I snuck outta bed for a few laps while the GF was sleepin, hehehehe,... Mr. P's 1'24 inspired me a little,.... dont have a new clean one as of yet,... but I do think I have it nailed all the way to the snake,... I saw a 31.7xx/1'23.9xx tonight :eek: :eek: :D :D See ya all in the pits :cheers:

Back