Weekly Race Series, Week 26

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 145 comments
hmm, so far ive got a 2.38 thats after only a few laps, i can easily shave a ton of time off, i just wanted to try it real quick, did like 4 laps and ended with that time cause i need to get out of house, but ill put forth more effort tonight probably. hopefully i can get a decent time and go for a podium, hehe, not likely but ill do like the little engine that could, hehe :D

My best T3 was a 2.25.xxx, but i messed up shortly thereafter:banghead:

but my best clean save is a 2.26.8xx, so i know i can shave alot of time off, just got to put together a good lap:D

later

Had some time after disc golf tonight. Had some fun too :D Man-o-man, talk about white-knucklin' it the whole way :eek: Anywho, my clean replay has a T3 of 2'17.989,... call me crazy ( though never call me late for diner:lol: ), but I think 15.9 is the magic # ;)

Here's a settings contribution:

9.8/12.8
59/58
10/10
10/10
0.8/1.3
0.5/-1.5
3/2
20/24
60/60/60
1.00/1.25
asm = 0
tcs = 4

MOMO - MT

Very fookin nice sector old Red Eye :scared: ....... I'll test out yer sets tomorrow 👍

You is Flying tonight :D

You know, if you beat 3:23, you might as well take down lightning too. Seeing his R390 getting beat will make him quite happy. :lol:

my setup and driving are both hammered schitt. i can't believe i'm doing this, but i might have to use somebody else's setting here.

Nice set up Bri 👍

new best T3 with Red Eyes sets with minor changes 2.17.3 :mischievous:

no clean lap with them yet :D

Originally posted by Mr P
Nice set up Bri 👍

new best T3 with Red Eyes sets with minor changes 2.17.3 :mischievous:

no clean lap with them yet :D

Gosh you guys are fast:eek:

Well put the kent cart on the RER's settings train.

Im gonna give them a try, although I must admit that my current settings are kicking ass.

Like I said before, its based around the idea of putting oversteer down using "hard" rear springs and soft front ones, in combo with "medium" front bound/re and "softer" dampen/re to compensate for the hard rear springs.

This has helped me alot because of all of the curbs to get bounced off of during this race.

Im loving the race though boom, yes its hard, but damn am I loving it.

Back in the afternoon tomorrow with some updates.

Just posting my sector's only had a few laps so nothing special:cool:
I've had 35.8 a 1.32.3 then 2.26.3
Nothing compered to you's:embarrassed:

Laters

Might have a go at Red Eye Racers setup if he don't mind

Hi All,
My settings seemed to work ok,then I tried Mr.P's settings...
Very Fast ....
I will try the others tomorrow,but I think I will most likely stay with Mr.P's,with very slight mods.
I am really adapting quickly to this course and having ****loads of fun in the process.
Another great combo,Boom!
Later,
cinjun8

Little bit of an update for me. Just ran about 10 more laps (on P's settings still) and have some new best times of 35.0/1'29.9/2.24.1, so ive made some consiberable improvement over my initial times and definently much improvement in my overall time. My best T1 so far is a 34.5 i think, T2 is somewhere in a 1'28.X, not too sure...and best T3 has been 2'23.3 or somthing so theres definently room for improvement yet. Havent tried RER's settings out yet, maybe i'll try em now, but i dont know how good i'll do...my thumbs cant take much more of this tonight....:lol:

Originally posted by akindness
Square corners after the bendy ones what is the best gear
here? This thing burns out the tyre`s up to about 5th gear

I'm in second the whole time,... and if you wanna bump up your TCS a little,.. that'll help with 'tyre burnage' 👍

If I can get a clean lap done here I'll submit :)

But I'm sure the series can survive without me :P

Well, I tried the settings from RER.

They didnt work for me.

Maybe they weren't copied right (I doubt that) or maybe they just aren't for me.

However, I am making some progress.

I put down a 34.6 a moment ago, and before that I put down a t3 that was a full second faster than my previous.

Im also seeing some 2.24's when I can hold together a good start. (sub 35 t1)

Basically, I think my goal is to stay as close to the pro pack as possible.

That means, for the moment, my target is a 2.20.

I dont know if I will hit that, but Im sure gonna try.

Originally posted by GoKents
Well, I tried the settings from RER.

They didnt work for me.

Maybe they weren't copied right (I doubt that) or maybe they just aren't for me.

However, I am making some progress.

I put down a 34.6 a moment ago, and before that I put down a t3 that was a full second faster than my previous.

Im also seeing some 2.24's when I can hold together a good start. (sub 35 t1)

Basically, I think my goal is to stay as close to the pro pack as possible.

That means, for the moment, my target is a 2.20.

I dont know if I will hit that, but Im sure gonna try.

What kind of feedback is the car giving Kents? Is the turning radius too thin/wide - under/oversteering? How about traction? Are your tires smoking a lot in the corners?,..... does it seem loose when you try and turn sharp?

What area of performance do you suppose the car is deficient?

====================EDIT=================

Changed the set-up a bit,... now the T3 is at 2'17.007.

New set-up:
11.8/13.1
59/58
10/10
10/10
0.9/1.2
0.0/0.0
2/2
24/24
60/60/60
same gears
max df
asm = 0
tcs = 4

That car is WAY too wobbly! Try these settings (I don't think I've posted mine yet...)

19.5/20.0
55/58
6/7
7/8
2.0/2.0
0/0
3/3

18/20

5/5/5

Auto settings to 44 and then final gear to 3.512

Max df

ASM: 0
TCS: 5

This is a very stable setting in my opinion, it's rather difficult to lose control, and I think I may finally be getting the hang of this tuning stuff (tell me please if I am wrong...)

EDIT: Here's my latest T times:
T1: 0'36.113
T2: 1'37.790
T3: 2'34.001

This lap was a full 20 seconds faster than the fastest I pulled with your settings, although I must say that it helped my driving (as an overall time 5 seconds less than my previous time suggests).

hoo ha! After some setup advice from gokents (thanks man 👍 ) I ran some more laps and have new clean times to post: 34.7/1'29.2/2'22.7 and a lap time thats a full second faster than the best time i pulled last night :D My best T1 is till a 34.5, havent been able to get under that yet, but im sure (or at least hope) i will w/ some more practice. My best T2 has been somwhere in the 1'28's and is what i usually pull on other laps, and my best T3 is still in the 2'22 range, but im pretty constant w/ the 2'22's...hopefully should only be a matter of time before i break into the 2'21's ::crossing fingers::

I gotta say i was pretty scared when i saw that big 1350hp number this week but man, this car handles it very well. I therefore retract my previous statement to boom of "youre satan arnt you" You obviously know what youre doing and thats why youre running this series and im not :lol: I just had my head in the wrong place, which is why my goal this week is to just simply drive, and not worry about what everyone else is doing (or how ungodly fast they're driving) Because if you spend too much focusing on other peoples times, you'll never be happy with the times you get, cuz theres always gonna be someone out there w/ a faster time than you, and if you can just ignore it, you'll do better at making your OWN best time and being happy with it. Anyways, guess i should get off my soapbox now :) just wanted to post up my new times. I'll have some more work at this later tonight, giving my thumbs a break right now. And anyways, after I pulled that lap, i looked at my car and noticed i hadnt changed the oil in a while (the miles add up REAL quick on this track, haha) and was actually running 1340hp, so i'll give it another go w/ full strength later.

Oh yeah, and the last part of track w/ all the hills looks hilarious on the replays, all you see is a red streak fly by w/ a tail of sparks following behind it :lol:

Well Im glad to hear those helped you.

I also know what your saying about the hills, its also cool because of the fact that the hills are pretty much the only spot where you get sparks with that set up.

However, I must time the time to say some nasty punk **** about you as you used my own settings to pass my time with ease. :D lol jk

Im gonna race some once all my anime has played through. Back later on... oh btw, I ran a clean lap that was just behind a dirty one. The dirty one is almost exactly 2 seconds ahead of my current clean save.

till next time'

However, I must time the time to say some nasty punk **** about you as you used my own settings to pass my time with ease. lol jk

haha, hey I told you it was up to you to divulge your magic setup to me or not. hehe....dont worry, im sure it'll only be a matter of time before i see you in my rear view, and then see your tail lights :P

Or maybe not...got some more times to post :)

34.6/1'27.7 :eek: /2'22.0 :D And just about another full second off my overall lap time. The very next lap after that I pulled a 34.1/1'27.7/2'21.6 but messed it up on the hill part :banghead: thats the biggest problem area for me...if ive got a crappy lap, I can just fly thru that section w/ ease...but whenever my lap time is at stake i always manage to misjudge how much to turn over the hill and end up runnin 3 tires off. Oh well, Ive seen those times now, they can't hide from me anymore :mischievous:

::UPDATE:: Im starting to scare myself here. I took a little break for a little while, came back, and on my second lap, pulled...
34.2/1'27.3/2'20.7 :eek: And they're comin pretty easy too. How i managed to get that low of a T3 is beyond me, but I just hope i can replicate it again! That lap yielded me a new best time that was about .700 better than my previous one. God I hope I can keep this up

::Another Update:: 34.1/1'27.1/2'20.4 :mischievous:

New best clean save:

34.454/1.28.826/2.22.569

I'm using a newer setup that is based on Mr.P's:
8.5/10.5
115/110
10/10/10/10
1.0/1.0
-2.0/0.0
6/7
24/24

25/50/25

Auto 40
1.00/1.10
TCS 5

I'll probably give the new RER setts a try tommorrow and see how those compare, I can't find any setup that works how I want it to during the circle corner section, I'm losing lotsa time there.:irked:

As a bit of a side note,... I'm using the Logitech MOMO GT Force Wheel, so, if my sets arent working for ya, it's probably because your using a DS/2. JMO

Good luck racing :cool:
IR

I dont know what the deal is, Im just slow dude.

My settings must only work for certain types of drivers...

I doubt the top pros would not be happy with my settings, but they are working for me in terms of feel. (Im still slow though)

But Idafc is tearing it up with them.

I also wanted to take the time for a correction.

My grammar in the above qouted material was horrible. Im ashamed of myself. Sorry about that one fellas. Some times you just don't take time on an internet post the way you do with a graded paper. :D

back with updates hopefully later, but for now, its off to lunch.
btw, last night yeilded another good opener with a 46.3.
cya

"back with updates hopefully later, but for now, its off to lunch.
btw, last night yeilded another good opener with a 46.3.
cya"-GoKents

Do you mean 34.6? ummm qoute wouldnt put the whole sentence in:odd:

well ive used some of Mr. P's settings and changed them up a bit, i was able to get some 2.24.s but havent got a clean one yet:irked:

I think why worst part is the long circle section, what is the best way for that section?

later

Originally posted by suprajef
"

I think why worst part is the long circle section, what is the best way for that section?

later

Work the circles from outside-to-inside(middle rumbles)-back to-outside,.... drift at the apex if need be, just keep that nose pointed in or your gone 👍 I also utilize that brake at the same time as the accell,.... it helps A LOT to do that 👍

Back