Weekly Race Series, Week 28

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 171 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
The Car: Nismo Skyline R34 R-Tune, Fully modded, your choice of tires.

The Track: Trial Mountain.

The Race: Hot Lap, Arcade Mode, Free Run. Get your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. No short cutting.
2. No wall touching.
3. Must have 2 tires on the track at all times.
4. The Rumble Strips are considered part of the track.
5. No hybrids.
6. No cheating of any kind.
7. Save your replay.

Time Discussion: All "T" times.

The Deadline: Monday at Midnight, Mountain Standard Time USA. September 2nd. MST is -7 hours GMT.

Finaly a race I think I can do well in.

In Simulation mode the Vspec II was the First choice for my second car.
Or was it the Second choice for my first car :odd:

Oh man!! eggmann is going to be all over this race. He just finished a series with a fully modded Skyline. I'm glad I didn't sell that car now.:rolleyes:

Alright! I was just hopin last night that this week's race would be in a Skyline. Don't have much experience with the Nismo though, or Trial Mtn, so we'll see how it goes..

The Nismo Skyline GT-R R-tune R34 can be won in the Amateur League Gran Turismo All Stars for anyone who doesn't have one.

Originally posted by eggmann
The Nismo Skyline GT-R R-tune R34 can be won in the Amateur League Gran Turismo All Stars for anyone who doesn't have one.

Yep, but I haven't won it yet - looks like I have some racing to do tonight before I can even enter... :embarrassed: I just hope I win it the first time through.

I'm not too familiar with Skylines, certainly not fully tuned, so this is going to be a difficult initiation for me... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by HunterKiller
i will run the qualifying race tonoght or tomorrow and compete in this run. i like the s-tune. a nice nimble car i'd say.

I'm in the same boat - I ran my qualifying at Midfield last night. Hopefully I can give you some competitiion :)

I like the S-tune as well - I've been using it stock, with T8 tyres, for lots of the Arcade mode stuff, but unfortunately this test is the R34 R-tune (fully tuned). I'm not sure how I'm going to handle a 900+ bhp Skyline :eek: - should be interesting...

Originally posted by BlazingDragon
I just hope I win it the first time through.
Save your game before the last race, then quit during the first lap of last race, as long as your 10 points ahead of 2nd place.
If you're concerned about Win%, then save before last race, then if you don't win it, all you have to do is the last race, rather than the entire series.

Originally posted by BlazingDragon
Yep, but I haven't won it yet - looks like I have some racing to do tonight before I can even enter... :embarrassed: I just hope I win it the first time through.

Remember the "save trick" and you'll get it on the first time through guaranteed.;) Save your gave at the end of the second to last race with at least an 11 point lead. Then start the final race and retire immediately. You'll still win the series and get a car. If it's not the car you wanted, just reload and try until you get it.:cool:

Save your game before the last race, then quit during the first lap of last race, as long as your 10 points ahead of 2nd place.
If you're concerned about Win%, then save before last race, then if you don't win it, all you have to do is the last race, rather than the entire series.

OK you beat me to it wiseguy:P

Thanks - I hadn't thought about that before... :embarrassed:
I only have 1 memory card and don't have an Xport , so I haven't been using any of the other memory card tricks.... just working my way slowly through the game, getting as many of the prize cars as I can...

Hopefully I can get my daughter to bed early and have a go at the All Stars championship tonight :)

:( Nismo Skyline :( This one will be tough for me I think. Atleast its on Trial Mountain which I have recently run to do sub 1'20 with a fully tuned 22B <-- This was friggin tough! Never again! My thumbs are feeling better from Sunday night's F1 Tokyo Madness so I might get started on this today. Good Luck to everyone.

it shouldn't take too long...just use the fastest car you got:mischievous:

If you had a Sharkport I could send you my garage with all 190 cars in it, all ready to go.;)

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
it shouldn't take too long...just use the fastest car you got:mischievous:

If you had a Sharkport I could send you my garage with all 190 cars in it, all ready to go.;)

Nah,that would be cheating ;)

Actually, part of the fun for me is taking the game slowly, winning the prize cars one-at-a-time, and then learning / tuning them as I go.
Well, that's my excuse for still only being 56% complete anyway...:D

You guys make it sound so hard. With a sharkport and MKs garage editor, you can just make the car. eggman, this car is in one of the garages that I sent you. Those two garages have every race car in every color at 0 miles in GT3.

thrashi.gif
I'll stop and buy a couple more mem cards on my way home tonight.

Well I'm new but would like in on some of this..... so as I take a rare day off from work I think i will give it a go..... hopefully I'm not totally embarassed.

Originally posted by PainGypsy
Boom, CFM... anyone???? Please post a setup!! :bowdown:

I just tried running a few laps...this car is gonna be a major handful (at least for me) and a pain to get a good setup. I won't have any setups to share until tomorrow at least, maybe later.:irked: This thing is no ZZII, I'll tell you that. I gotta go to bed now. later:cool:

right now I'm using an adapted version of Boom's settings from last week; they don't work for this car...

LOL! I wonder why not...

I have about 7 Skyline setups saved at home, just a matter of which to use.. I have one for each of the following trax:
Apricot Hill Raceway II
Seattle Circuit
Laguna Seca
Swiss Alps
Rome Circuit
Grand Valley Speedway
Special Stage Route 5 II

Any ideas on which of these would be most similar to Trial Mountain?

Basically, Im gonna run this all week when I can and at the end of every session Im gonna try to get a sharkport save.

That way, if the port loads on wensday and not thursday, I will still be able to post a replay.

Back with updates later on...

Back