Weekly Race Series, Week 28

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 171 comments
Time submitted via PM. NSZero, did you just order the GT FF wheel? If you did, you'll be dissappointed. It drives like crap. I had one, used it for five minutes and put it back in the box. I took it back and bought the Red MOMO instead. Now I never use the hand controller.

Originally posted by GT3mich
Time submitted via PM. NSZero, did you just order the GT FF wheel? If you did, you'll be dissappointed. It drives like crap. I had one, used it for five minutes and put it back in the box. I took it back and bought the Red MOMO instead. Now I never use the hand controller.

I don't have a wheel yet...I was going to get the Logitech wheel that's supposed to be available when GT4 is released.

As for the GT wheel, I've heard many ppl not liking it, but they never really go into any detail. What's your opinion: was it too sensitive, too soft, uncomfortable?

Originally posted by BlazingDragon
Thanks - though I'm not quite in the big league yet :lol:
I even used a slightly modified of your "crazy" settings...
I've already submitted my time, but might just have one last go tonight before bed... I panic braked at the chicane on my clean lap (I was so afraid of messing it up) so my overall lap time probably isn't as good as my T3 suggests...:(

Sadly, Im happy to hear this.

I also play it conservatitive when Im on those final sections.

My t3 was a 59.5, but my final will probably be closer to a "balls to the wall" 59.7 or 8.

I pulled a 59.8 on my previous, and a 59.5 on my new, yet the 59.5 is about .1 under the 59.8.

I also know for a fact I could lose time due to the nature of how clean the newest lap is...

Till next week.
-kent

Originally posted by NSZero
I don't have a wheel yet...I was going to get the Logitech wheel that's supposed to be available when GT4 is released.

As for the GT wheel, I've heard many ppl not liking it, but they never really go into any detail. What's your opinion: was it too sensitive, too soft, uncomfortable?
In a word, uncontrolable.:( I liked the pedals but the the steering was real bad.

:mad: I was soo close to a sub 1,00 but then I hit the wall on the left just before T3 and lost a ton of time. hopefully I could get it right before the deadline.:(

Originally posted by noojra
:mad: I was soo close to a sub 1,00 but then I hit the wall on the left just before T3 and lost a ton of time. hopefully I could get it right before the deadline.:(
Hehe, the frustrating part isnt about losing a ton of time when hitting the wall... its the fact that hitting the wall, even the slightest nudge, and your lap becomes good for garbage according to the rules. So many times at the exit of the right hander right after T1 I barely touched the wall, so I immediately started over :banghead:

Missed my target time for the week but sent a 15.388/34.631/59.785/not fast enough :banghead:

Looking forward to watching the 59.1 replay
liplick.gif

Well I'm sending in a time that I ran from Wed night, my first session as I never had a chance to work on it other than those 3 hours, which isn't enough for me to be very competitve.:( I think it had a T1 of 1.00.100 so not too good for pro class.:embarrassed: I've been on vacation since Thursday and have just been finally getting a chance to relax and spend some time doing stuff in real life that I haven't had much time to do working 60-72 hours a week for the last 5 weeks or so. So I wasn't too motivated to turn on the old PS2 right now. Maybe late this week when I head back to work, then I'll have plenty of free time to work on next week's run and get paid to boot.:D Good luck all.I'll bring up the rear for you.;)

Well my first week of the OLR and it was quite the challenge....... I could easily get my T1's and T2's in there with everyone but could not drop my T3's below a 1'01.000 for anything..... so I think I'll do decent in my class.
When is the week 29 challenge posted?

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
I think it had a T1 of 1.00.100 so not too good for pro class.:embarrassed:

That's not even competitive for people playin the game for the first time. We all beat you by :P 45 seconds :P

Originally posted by Tofu4G63
Well my first week of the OLR and it was quite the challenge....... I could easily get my T1's and T2's in there with everyone but could not drop my T3's below a 1'01.000 for anything..... so I think I'll do decent in my class.
When is the week 29 challenge posted?

Results will be posted around 1-2 AM Mountain time and the next race is usually up within 30 minutes after that.

Boom stops taking the times in at 12:00 am (*his time) every tuesday. (since technically midnight of monday night is actually tuesday morning.)

The results are usually posted first... If we are lucky they will be up within the hour, however, usually its best to give him his time and wait till the next morning.

The next challenge is usually put up right after the results, and no one ever has a clue about what the next challenge would be.

Replays all go in the results page, and this week, with all the inquires into "how we get fast times," I expect alot of discussion to help people who didn't quite catch the drift of the skyline.

I might come back, but I'm really gonna be hanging around waiting for the results and the next challenge... then again, with the little girly strength I have for staying awake, it just might be tomorrow.

till then...

Originally posted by GoKents
then again, with the little girly strength I have for staying awake, it just might be tomorrow.

Hey now don't knock girlys' ability to stay awake. I got one waitin' in bed for me to get off the computer. :lol: I'm out!

Yeah, I'm stuck at work right now, but I'm getting out a bit earlier than planned so I can get the results up within the hour I would hope. Then Week 29 shortly there after.

Tofu, you shouldn't have any issues with the deadline as I'm in Colorado too, and we all know that Colorado is the center of the universe.

Lol Yes...... My universe as well.....kinda boring sometimes....... but RB25DETT said you visited the Infiniti of Denver/Aurora, thats like down the road from where I work...... very small world.

Sorry lads could not put a lap together this week:(
I've been busy at work all week:(

Good luck to all

I will see if i can get a time in next week for round 29:cool:

Howzit,

Can anybody tell me when the next race's info will come out ?

Thanks, missed out on all the races so far, will have to start somwhere haha.

Back