Weekly Race Series, Week 37

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 227 comments
Thx, they worked great. shaved 2 seconds off T1, and 1 from 2 & 3.

Still, the MR2 looses too much speed coming out of corners, no matter now much you experiment with TCS & LSD you can't find a perfect ballance.
Time to try my RX8 :]

Originally posted by boombexus

As miata13B would say, it's "teh suck." (typo intended)

Man, everyone is trying to be in the "in" crowd. But, yes that is Teh Suck :D. Well everyone at this point has mentioned my number 1 car the 22b, but no one has touch my number 2 car. Actually, It has been said over IM, but I'll leave that to the conversation I had over IM. I'm such a fo shizzle Biotch aren't I. :lol:

Originally posted by miata13B
Man, everyone is trying to be in the "in" crowd. But, yes that is Teh Suck :D.

fo show brutha. You da shizzle my nizzle. ;)

Well everyone at this point has mentioned my number 1 car the 22b, but no one has touch my number 2 car. Actually, It has been said over IM, but I'll leave that to the conversation I had over IM. I'm such a fo shizzle Biotch aren't I. :lol:

Nobody has mentioned the car that I'm running and I haven't told anyone about it. Not even on IM. Ha!

Originally posted by boombexus
fo show brutha. You da shizzle my nizzle. ;)

Nobody has mentioned the car that I'm running and I haven't told anyone about it. Not even on IM. Ha!
I know what you're running because that is probably my number 2 :D

Well, I'm using the 22B Scooby too. I've seen a few T1s of 23.9xx and one 23.8xx, only to biff it a few corners down. Best T3 I had was a 1'08.1xx. Then, I just started screaming, and whinning, and I stopped.

Boom must of recovered from his Denver rear-whipping and back to competing in the OLRs.

Boom needs to get his arse on instant messanger instead of being online GTP :D

Originally posted by VG30DETT

Boom must of recovered from his Denver rear-whipping and back to competing in the OLRs.

Hehe. Yeah, I'm outta practice. :embarrassed:

Man, I'm gettin frustrated here. I think I have a good set up with this car and I've seen some good T times. I've finally hit 1'07.8 T3 but I can't seem to hold it together for a clean lap. :irked:

Originally posted by IDAFC21
sorry...thats not allowed. be interesting if it was tho

Can someone please tell what is wrong with running a car that has under the limit after black oil, and running one that is under the limit until after x number of laps, at which point it goes over??

Surely you are placing the same amount of trust in both these people... I mean, we were accepting cars a few weeks ago, that standard if you ran too many laps would go over the HP limit, so what is the difference... So long as the actual laps you are running are performed under the limit.. I'm not running a car like this anyway, and I don't mind if people are allowed to run it, but I'm just curious why one option is acceptable, and another is not?? Not that I'm questioning the reasoning of the god that is boom, just wondering..

What I did is, I took the GT40, brand new, and saved then, then I drive say 20 laps and then check the Power to Weight again ...

And then just load again to keep it the same still.

Been running the GT40 now, have a T3 time of 1:07.0 so far ... but will try do get it down some more the week-end ...

Just could not get the NSX under 1:09 for the T3 ...

Look man, I see your point and the logic behind it is sound. However, for the sake of consistency within the rules. I'm not going to allow it this week.

Your point is duly noted and will most certainly be taken into consideration in future weeks to come. :)

Respectfully

Boom

Hey.. Boom... Like I was saying.. I was not questioning your authority. It's oyur series, and I'm more than happy to play by your rules. Don't mean to get anyones back up, I was just wondering if there was a reason why it was so. All you had to say was "Cause I said so", and that would be enough for me. Rules are rules. It's all cool. Like I said though, I'm not running that car anyway. i'm running another which was oh so close to the limit (but still under) when I bought it, only to find that when I checked in the garage after purchase, it had dropped 10hp... Bonus for me... :D

Oh... And you're still a god boom...

Originally posted by Flerbizky
Did you notice how brown his nose is ? :D
tony-brown-nose-blair.jpg
no, not one bit :lol:

Hey... Watch it fellas.. I just happen to love this series, and think that boom does a great job of it... Outside of that, I have no comment... But I am thankful for this series, which gives me many hours a week of pleasure, when I would otherwise could bored sitting at home.. No brown nosing intended...

Originally posted by hucker696
I can't find a smooth line through the screw any ideas ?
Take it a gear higher than you are now, and roll through the turn. No gas or brakes while turning.

That's always helped my time through that corner

As and added note, I've tested the Nismo GT LM road car, the Esprit V8 SE, the Corvette GS, and one more that I ruled out in two laps.

I was quite amazed at how well the Espirit sticks on sims. To the point where I had to double check and make sure I was running sims. IT's only drawback is that it's heavy. Even with lightweight 3 It tipped in with a PWR fo 3.5+

More testing over the weekend.

AO

OK... My running car now has the following times..
T1 - 0'23.646
T2 - 0'44.291
T3 - 1'06.612

And before everyone jumps up and says I've found a car that can match the GT40, I had to check, so took my GT40 for a quick spin, and beat my prev fastest in my race car after 2 laps by over 1 sec. A few more laps later, and I had beaten my racing car by 2 sec... Gee...

Another thing (just to annoy the hell out of everyone), I was browing my garage to see what cars I had that were close to but under 350 hp. I noticed that My R390 race car was (only stated 348hp). Which I would have used if we had not have had a full discussion on it, so I thought I'd check it out, and noticed that the oil was black... Just a side point stating that I probably would have used this 'illegal' car had we not actually discussed it in particular cause my garage showed it was valid... But now I'm getting off topic...

Out of interest, my Gt40 times after the quick comparo session are now...
T1 - 0'23.585, T2 - 0'43.533, T3 - 1'05.544

yeah, umm, I'm hearing talk of the Impreza 22B being the best in this regard, but I'm just not seeing it (I rarely get along well with 4wd cars...)

Taking the mark of 1.08.0, the 22b seems to be able to meet that mark more easily than most of the other cars I have tested.

I should also mention on that same note, the 22b slides a bit more than the other cars as well. Oddly with all of the sliding the 22b puts up, it can easily meet and match most of the other cars I've tested.

I've just come back to update my situation.

45.7/1.08.286/ *.8-1.0 seconds off of my fastest dirty lap.

Back sometime throughout the day or weekend with any luck.;)

What car are you running DSMAZDAGTR? Whatever it is it's spankin my ass.

I can't remember all my T times but I finally hit a clean save lap that had a T3 of 1.07.6.

However, I'm seeing my first and only car choice to the end.

Hard to say if I'll try anymore after these.

Subaru Impreza 22B (350hp/3.082 PW)
T1: 0'24.136
T2: 0'45.456
T3: 1'07.700

It seems like I biffed it after the T3, not horribly, but it just wasn't as fast as I would like it to be.

Back