Weekly Race Series, Week 37

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 227 comments
Originally posted by Zboost
VG30DETT
you have a Z?
what year?
I have a 90tt, are you a member of twinturbo.net?
You racing this week? or are you just using up space that we are posting our conversation about the race??? :irked:

god the whole OLR forum is dead tonight...what...am i the only person here w/out a life? ......dont answer that. :(

anyways. i have a new clean time, its a little better than my old one. but still not on par w/ the dirty one i have. i wont be happy until i get that time w/ a clean save...its gettin tough tho, im startin to loose my touch. split times in this lap were 24.3/45.4/1'07.6 and probably wouldve been a faster lap, had i not biffed the right hander after the t3, i let my wheel drop into the dirt just before i turned, which of course caused me to drift way more around that turn that i really wanted to, most likely losing me precious time. but whatever, its faster than my old save, its clean, i'll take it. i just hope i can at least match my dirty time by the time this is over.....

by the way...anyone running an FR drivetrain...what kinda toe settings are you using? if any. i just have mine at 0/0 right now, cuz toe is still the one thing that confuses me when it comes to tuning.

I'v been so busy I this is only my second post :(

I did a few laps with the GT40 and I cant believe how much faster it is at 322BHP that the rest of the cars I tried best Ts'

T1 23.747
T2 44.something
T3 1,07.0xx

I did see a 1,06.3 but it wasn't clean

the best I gotten with another car is T3 1,08.3 but I'v tried so many cars I cant remember which one :confused: i think it was the Beetle. the A4 seems to be doing good aswell

later guys

Originally posted by GT3mich
I've tried 10 different cars and they were all the same. Loose. Real loose. If we could use normal tires instead of T0's it gets better. You could make the GT40 stay on T0's and let the other cars run normal tires. Just an idea. Even the playing field a little.

Sounds like a good idea. I'm having a more than hard time with simulation tires.

Maybe I should pop TCS back on, but I don't wanna!!!

Since noone's mention ed this one, I'll throw out that I'm currently driving a piece of British steel that only comes in one color choice.

It's just a hair under the hp limit, which means I'll likely sell it and buy a new one as soon as I reach 350. I did have to send it off to the plastic surgeon to lighten it up a bit, but she drives quite nicely.

Currently,
T1 = 24.438
T2 = 45.547
T3 = 1'08.847

This lap time is 1.5 seconds slower than my previous GT40 time.

AO

LOL, the esprit 350?!

Nice call on that one, but I think I am settled on my 22b now. It's broken in and making exactly 350. (thanks to a little patience with the parts and equipment.)

Good luck with her!

edit:
Theres a slight error above...

The broken in part... bs. I went back to my game, drove about 3 laps or 10 miles, noticed that it went to 351, so I loaded, came close to the limit again, and then re-tuned.

This brings me to my point actually.

Tuning these cars is an odd thing to do when you can have 347 hp in 3 different ways. So what tells us how to tune the vehicles and what parts would be best for achieving the ideal hp?

I personally noticed the greatest difference when I switched between 3 major setup prefferences.

First I was on something like exhaust, chip, turbo 1.
Then it was something similar but different.
Then the major change came with normal everything and stage 2 turbo. (this combo sucked big time.)
Finally I am now back to turbo 1 and a select few additions.

My goal is to completely run the hp up to the max, then do a final tuning with the hopes of getting exactly 350.

Talk to you all later, but for now, my times are looking the same as yesterday.
edit:
I just put in a 1.08.111, that was a true 1.08.1. (I say that because it was a time that was only about .1 behind my dirt laps in the 1.07 area.)
Clean and ready to go, so maybe that will be the final, but the way Im feeling with the car, I may be able to go down more. Just have to wait and see I guess.)

I'll give the RX8 and the espirit a try, but I'm getting pretty well settled in the GT40 right now...

well my best time achieved in the GT40(it cost me a lot) was this:

T1:0'23.523
T2:0'43.693
T3:1'06.141

I have messed up with the settings a lot, and the current one I have is the best I have tested so far, just that I think I can go faster than this lap time due to a couple of mistakes I made(not controlling the car in a good way at the end of corkscrew and kinda took a little bit slower than normal speed the first U turn)

Update: After a couple laps on the Espirit I whipped out this set of times:
T1: 0:24.387
T2: 0:46.148
T3: 1:08.983

I like the feel of this car more than that of the GT40, and this is an exceptionally good time considdering that I haven't tuned out the oversteer issue yet...

Originally posted by miata13B
You racing this week? or are you just using up space that we are posting our conversation about the race??? :irked:
Yea im racing....... sheesh guess it's that time of the month.....

Originally posted by Zboost
Yea im racing....... sheesh guess it's that time of the month.....
Sheesh guess it is time to change that tampon with the sandy vagi##

Well, I have been spending the past few days on the TORC series round 1 race and have been making some nice progress there, so this week's run will be neglected a bit. I took a break from my TORC race yesterday and just decided to run a few more laps with the GT40 as it was already set up and I didn't want to spend much time on testing. So the clean save I have has splits of:

23.109 / 42.848 / 1.04.633

I didn't do my best on the last 2 corners however and lost about .300 or more that I could have taken off my total.
I also had run a lap with a T3 of 1.04.506 but totally spun out on the last corner as I was a bit anxious to get a quick time in:embarrassed:

Hopefully ODP or someone will get a run down in the GT40 just for some competition...if not then you all can just look at my time and call me a big cheating bastard for running the GT40. :P :lol:

Good luck everyone, the results will be interesting as I think most of the other cars can be made very competitive;)

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man

Hopefully ODP or someone will get a run down in the GT40 just for some competition...if not then you all can just look at my time and call me a big cheating bastard for running the GT40. :P :lol:

Good luck everyone, the results will be interesting as I think most of the other cars can be made very competitive;)

Im actually looking forward to seeing the gt40 times from all that have them. With people like you and odp turning in the gt40 times, there will be competition on both the gt40 and non-gt40 racing fronts. (a two front war if you will ;) )

I really don't see anyone turning in a gt40 time as a cheater.

Now that there are a handful of racers not using the gt40, it doesn't really matter what happens with the gt40 racers... there will be competition for everyone, regardless of the car they choose. :D
---------
Edit:

I wanted to let you all know that I have already submitted my time to boom.

Some serious troubles in real life are going to be preventing any progress with this race... If Im lucky, I will get to play some games just for the fun of it, but right now this weeks race is over for me. Sorry to not go any deeper, but Im sure that those who are close to me will find out and understand.

Thanks.

Originally posted by GoKents

---------
Edit:

Some serious troubles in real life are going to be preventing any progress with this race... If Im lucky, I will get to play some games just for the fun of it, but right now this weeks race is over for me. Sorry to not go any deeper, but Im sure that those who are close to me will find out and understand.

Thanks.

Hope everything turns out okay there 'Kents.

Originally posted by GoKents

Thanks.
Hey Kent, I hope everything works out for you, hit me up on AIM, we are all concerned about you.

Sorry to get anyone worried.

All should be fine in my house hold, sometimes things happen regardless of whether you like it or not.

Thanks to all for the concern, and of course all you guys racing with me, don't think this gets you off lightly, I'll be around for next week too. (If sim tires don't drive me off, then nothing can ;) )

Thanks again...

Glad to hear it, Kent. I was hoping you would race this week (just so I would be able to see how badly the pros could slaughter my times). Hope it all works out ok, and that you will be back and whipping my buttox next week :mischievous:

hmmm...havent really touched this in a couple days. been working a lot and been too tired. i hope i get another run w/ this before the deadline. i should be able to force myself tomorrow night. (yeah i cut it close. haha) but i dont know. i hope i can pull somthing good. so far ive had fun w/ my car but still dont really feel ive pushed it to its limits yet

Well, just for the hell of it (and for a comparo), I had a spin in my illegal 345hp R390 road car. Came up with the following times...

0'23.297
0'43.207
1'04.893

Put a whole lot of effort into this one ...

Used the GT40 most f the time ... and have a 1:06.1 T3, so I hope it will be up there with the rest of the GT40 guys, fastest I could get in the NSX-Type R was a 1:08.3 or somethin'

Have submitted my time already, so I hope it keeps up !

Dont you hate it when you turn on the PS2,put the GT3 disk in,go to S-video,.............................

..................to see.........DRE(disk read error!)

Looks like I'm going to be getting friendly with the insides of my PS2.
Off to do a search on the best way to handle this,as buying a new one isnt possible right now.So I guess I wont have a time this week,unless I can fix it before midnight.
Oh well

Later,
cinjun8

man i completely forgot about this race... i was so busy autocrossing this weekend.
hmm im gonna do a couple more runs after i get back home and then submit it.. and i know its not going to be a fast time
but oh well

Well, after messing up with settings on the GT40, the best I could came up with was this times:

T1=0'23.648
T2=0'43.695
T3=1'05.854

I think I could have been a little bit faster in last two corners, but I'm satisfied with my performance this week, although I have seen some laps that could crush mine, well good luck all, goodbye :)

Latest Posts

Back