Weekly Race Series, Week 41

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 150 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
The Car: Chose any car from the dealership that has a engine displacement of 2.5L (2500cc) to 3.5L (3500cc). You may tune the car any way you see fit, but you may not have a power to weight ratio of less than 3.75.
Equip only T5 tires.

The Track: SSR11 Reverse

The Race: Hot Lap. Arcade Mode, Free Run. Get your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. No wall touching, riding or banging.
2. Rumble strips are part of the track.
3. Sidewalks are considered part of the track.
4. Any black and yellow stiped area is part of the track.
5. Engines only 2.5L to 3.5L in displacement.
6. Do not go under a 3.75 power to weight ratio.
7. Save your replay.

Time Discussion: All "T" times.

The Deadline: Monday at Midnight, Mountain Standard Time USA December the 2nd. Same as Tuesday 0700 GMT.

Please make sure you include what division you are in along with your final times and cars used.

power to weight ratio.....does that change after u add in engine mods to increase horsepower? I've never taken notice to the power to weight ratio before...

Originally posted by codered_59
power to weight ratio.....does that change after u add in engine mods to increase horsepower? I've never taken notice to the power to weight ratio before...
Better start now then :mischievous:

And yes - Your P2WR changes as the car is broken in, so in case you get above what Boom specified you may simpley have to degrade your exhaust, remove chip or what you'd prefer to get below the line ;)

Cheers - See you on the track...

I'm not sure if I understand what you are trying to say codered.

Example. A skyline GT-R V-Spec II starts out with a P/W ratio of 4.712. When you add a Stage 4 turbo to it, it then has a P/W ratio of 2.007 making it illegal to use because it has a power to weight ratio of less than 3.75

oh, ok....thanks for clearing that up

I was confused by the term "power to weight ratio" cuz I was thinking of it in a mathematical sense that power is divided by the weight

but then I guess I just didn't realize that if it truly was power divided by weight, that the number will be much smaller than 1.

anywho can someone put up a car list like in the last race. Cant remember who did it but it would be greatly appreciated :) :P

So many choices here... I'll try to get a time in this week, i thought the deadline for last week was tomorrow night... :dunce:

What do we do with a car that has a displacement of 3506 cc's? ;)

can we can use race cars as long as they are listed in the dearlership, or do you have to be able to buy them?

I have no work this week, but I have family commitments. So, I still don't know how much I'll put into this.
As a matter of fact, I've decided to fly out early and won't be back until next week. So, I now know that I won't be participating this week.

well Ive choosen a car. Great car it its i will be back soon with my spit times.

BTW how do i get them, i normally use replay thetre but i heard its wrong. How else to i get my split times?
Oh i do use the time in the file when submitting though :thumbsup:

ok my t times are

If i was to put all my fastest T times together my total lap time would improve by at least .5 seconds. But because track has so many turns it makes it difficult to string fastest T times one after the other. I'm sure i will improve and im definetly sure someone's gonna come in here and put these times to shame.

Originally posted by Small_Fryz
ok my t times are

If i was to put all my fastest T times together my total lap time would improve by at least .5 seconds. But because track has so many turns it makes it difficult to string fastest T times one after the other. I'm sure i will improve and im definetly sure someone's gonna come in here and put these times to shame.
Considering W41 has been up for what, 4 hours, I think it's safe to assume that you're right ;) Most of us EU guys haven't even had the chance to fire up the PS2 yet.. WRRK SUCKS :mad:

Originally posted by Oliver DePlace
Small_Fryz: Every RaceCar that I've seen (except some rally cars) has a P:W less than the minimum.

More requirements this time, so double check.
I'm not sure how complete is the list, but hey, it's free.

Sorry to ruin your efforts but there is a lot of sub 2.5L displacement cars on that list...

Originally posted by Oliver DePlace
More requirements this time, so double check.
I'm not sure how complete is the list, but hey, it's free.

Acura
CL Type S (2000)
NSX (1993)
NSX (1997

Alfa
156 2.5 V6 24V (1999)

Audi
S4 (1999)

BMW
328 Ci (1999)

Honda
Accord Euro R (2000)
Integra Type R 98 Spec (1998)
S2000 (1999)
S2000 Type-V (2000)
NSX Type S Zero (1997)
NSX Type R (1992)

Mitsubishi
FTO GP-R (1997)
3000GT VR-4 Turbo (1995)
3000GT VR-4 (1999)

Nissan
Skyline GTS-t Type M R32 (1991)
Skyline GT-R Vspec II R33 (1997)
Skyline GT-R Vspec II R32 (1994
Skyline GT-R Vspec R33 (1997)
Skyline GT-R Vspec R34 (1999)
Skyline GT-R Vspec II R34 (2000)
Silvia Spec-R Aero (2000)
300ZX Twin Turbo 2seater (1998)
300ZX Twin Turbo 2by2 (1998)

Peugeot
206 Rally Car (1999)

Renault
Clio Sport V6 24V (2000)
Clio Sport Race Car (2000)

Ruf
3400 S (2000)

Subaru
Legacy B4 RSK (1998)
Legacy Touring Wagon CT-B (1996)
Legacy Blitzen B4 (2000)

Tommy Kaira
ZZ-S (1999)

Toyota
Corolla Rally Car (1999)
Celica SS-II (1999)
Supra RZ (1997)
Supra SZ-R (1997)
Altezza RS200 (1998)
Lexus IS (2001)

Volkswagen
New Beetle RSi (2000)

Took the liberty of removing the obvious < 2.5 liter boxes...

I thought ALL the Lancers and WRX's had 2.0 liter engines. Let's hope so, I'm sick of them eh?:yuck:

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
I thought ALL the Lancers and WRX's had 2.0 liter engines. Let's hope so, I'm sick of them eh?:yuck:
Correct - Removed from the list.... in T minus 8 seconds..

Edit: Not sure about the Legacys.. Have to check when I get home....
Edit2: Remove Delta HF Integrale and Ford Focus Rally car...

Acura RSX and Integra Type R as well as the Honda Civics, Integra, and S2000's are also excluded.

Originally posted by HeinrichII
Umm can prize cars be used as long as they are buyable in the dealership?

As far as I know, that would be OK. You may want to get a ruling from Boom though. At least with a prize car you don't have to worry about engine break-in because it's done already.:D

Back