Weekly Race Series, Week 48

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 187 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
The Car: Mustang SVT Cobra R, Fully modded, your choice of tires.

The Track: Deep Forrest II (REVERSE)

The Race: Hot Lap. Arcade Mode>Free Run. Get your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. Keep 2 tires on the track at all times.
2. Rumble strips are considered part of the track.
3. No wall touching.
4. No short cutting.
5. No hybrids.
6. No cheating of any kind.

Time Discussion: All "T" times.

The Deadline: Monday at Midnight, Mountain Standard Time USA. The 20th of January.

Please include your Division ranking along with your final time. Thank you.

Oh dear - this could be messy ;)
I'm not a fan of the Mustang either... Tough track too. I've always thought Deep Forest is a seriously technical track (but I like it).

These are the best settings iv got so far, hope their helpful!

Settings: (F=Front, R=Rear)

Spring Rate - (F) 6.2 (R) 5.4
Ride Height - (F) 110 (R) 110
Shock Bound - (F) Level 7 (R) Level 7
Shock Rebound - (F) Level 7 (R) Level 7
Camber Angle - (F) 2.5 (R) 1.5
Toe Angle - (F) 0.0 (R) -1.0
Stabalizers - (F) Level 4 (R) Level 4
Brake Balance Controller - (F) Level 9 (R) Level 12
Limited Slip Initial Torque - (F) 0 (R) 12
Limited Slip Accel. - (F) 0 (R) 50
Limited Slip Decel. - (F) 0 (R) 25

Gear Ratio's -

1 - 3.415
2 - 2.301
3 - 1.681
4 - 1.287
5 - 1.034
6 - 0.871
7 - ____
Final - 3.550
(Auto Setting - Level 31)
Active Stability Management - Level 9
TCS Controller - Level 6

Wow - this is going to be interesting...

Anyone fancy trying TCS = 0??
Seriously, I normally run with TCS=2 on the Cobra R (it was my car of choice for lots of the Simulation mode races), but on this track it's going to be a challenge...

Originally posted by Spin Bad
These are the best settings iv got so far, hope their helpful!

Settings: (F=Front, R=Rear)

Spring Rate - (F) 6.2 (R) 5.4
Ride Height - (F) 110 (R) 110
Shock Bound - (F) Level 7 (R) Level 7
Shock Rebound - (F) Level 7 (R) Level 7
Camber Angle - (F) 2.5 (R) 1.5
Toe Angle - (F) 0.0 (R) -1.0
Stabalizers - (F) Level 4 (R) Level 4
Brake Balance Controller - (F) Level 9 (R) Level 12
Limited Slip Initial Torque - (F) 0 (R) 12
Limited Slip Accel. - (F) 0 (R) 50
Limited Slip Decel. - (F) 0 (R) 25

Gear Ratio's -

1 - 3.415
2 - 2.301
3 - 1.681
4 - 1.287
5 - 1.034
6 - 0.871
7 - ____
Final - 3.550
(Auto Setting - Level 31)
Active Stability Management - Level 9
TCS Controller - Level 6

I've got some suggestions for ya spinbad (I haven't looked at the car yet, but I imagine it's understeering a fair bit right now ...) These are the "default" settings that I usually start from):

Springs: 6 / 10
Ride: Min / Min
Bound: 9 / 9
Rebound: 9 / 9
Camber: 3 / 1.5
Toe: 0 / 0
Stabs: 3 / 5
Brakes: 16 / 20
LSDs: 10 / 25 / 15
Gears: depends on the car
ASM: 0
TCS: 3

You'll probably find that the car oversteers a fair bit. To address the oversteer, you can adjust:

increase front springs
decrease rear stabalizers
increase accel / decel LSD
add negative rear toe (i.e. -1.0)
add TCS

When you're trying to tune out the oversteer, make sure that the car's actually oversteering (the back wants to slide out when you're NOT on the gas) and not power-on oversteering (you step on it, and the back goes sideways) If you can control the power-on oversteer with some TCS and a bit of finesse, then you'll have a much better balanced car around the rest of the track ...

Hope that's helpful ...

Eyup all !!

I might blow the dust off GT3 and give this a crack !!!!

Sorry for my absence !!

and my exclamation marks !!!!!!!!!

dont worry you'll probably have some competition in div 3 this week now that i have some time to do this.

So have any of you guys actually driven this car, on this track, with this setup... before posting settings?

I just ran a bit. Power is an issue... oversteer does come into play. But the car feels bad in general. Understeer here, oversteer there.

I would suggest to everyone that they leave their settings stock, run the race, then adjust. I stress that because I am not a bad tuner, and yet with very minor settings changes, my car is now fubar. (or close to)

This race really could result in major tuning discussions, so please, everyone, contribute. :D

btw, luxy... Im not sure, but I think negative toe adds to oversteer, and positive toe adds to straightline stability.
Go check the gt3 forum and the "toe settings..." thread. Might help... but what do I know? (rhetorical, do not answer... smart ass ;) )

well i will say haven driven about 20 laps that i should not have played project gotham so much over break because i am trying to drive my car like i did in pgr2 and it doesnt work at all in gt3. but anyway here are my T times

T1 22.090
T2 49.893

Edit: these are terrible times as i have gone a 21.2xx on T1 and am sliding around every turn. i may try and put some asm on and see how that effects it.

''I haven't looked at the car yet, but I imagine it's understeering a fair bit''

I think understeer would be a blessing with this car,iv tried everything and the rear still slides out at every chance it gets!

any way, with the stock times i was getting a T1 of 22:2xxx
but after id messed around with the settings,I got it down to 20:3xxx, and theres still lots of room for improvement!

A racing flywheel makes such an amazing difference to the acceleration of any given car it's almost not funny.

Try any stock car on a 0-1000m test. Then fit a Racing Flywheel and see how much difference it makes. It's staggering.

hope I have the cash to fully mod one of these...
anyone know what it costs to fully mod a stang?

I havent played on GT3 for a while - been too busy with Halo and need for speed on the (x-box) !!

Anyway Ive just had a few laps at deep forest and I am amazed at how crap I am - I AM ASHAMED !! I tried 15-20 laps and span out nearly everywhere. I dunno if its cos I was last using the F1 cars but I need a lot more practice at this !!

Best T times are low 21's then low 49's !! - they were on one of my better laps !!!

and my fingers are shaking like they used to after a big GT3 session, I havent felt that in ages - :boggled:

Hmmm... Maybe I will be able to participate more this week. I've only given it one shot and came up with a T1 of 21.7xx. I'm not crazy about this car, but the track isn't bad. But hopefully I will have time to give it a few tries before the night is over.

Good luck everyone!

What is the HP when this car is broken in with oil change etc. and full mods?

The SVT I'm using is old, with 650 miles and 702 hp. I'll get a new one later in the week when I've got a feel for the car.

Thanks

yikes, I am not a big fan of the Mustang, and worse, in this track will be another huge challenge, well I'm starting summer(yes summer in here) classes so not much time I'll have, but I'll still give my times.

time to compete against the pros:D

btw I really thought Famine would beat me since I didn't took the S turn as fast as I get it constantly, but well, I guess I was still faster ;)

I've got so far:

softer springs, dampers, stabilizer in the rear than front (all enough soft too)

more height in the rear (perhaps i have thath change this?)

toe -5 in the front 0 rear

TCS=3 ASM=0

I have too much oversteer yet. It's difficult only remain in track.

I go airborne in braking for first tunnel :mad:, and I have
destroyed too much good times in the tricky last turn :banghead:

Where do you change gears? the indicator is erratic all time :confused:

to be continued ;)

well after a quick spin to get some settings and the lines right i have come up with these times

T1: 20.076
T2: 45.181

Back