Weekly Race Series, Week 48

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 187 comments
Originally posted by Talentless
I dunno, It's just that you've got no camber and rear bar at 7. hell, maybe it's smooth.

And at 10/10, 10/10, you're using the Damper Settings Of The Beast! :D

I haven't started yet - I've been busy kicking ass in the Bloodring on GTAVC... I might have a crack tonight though :D

Previous
T1 19.625
T2 43.988

Now
T1 20.013
T2 43.955

And my overall time dropped by -.400

This is very frustrating because it means I'm blowing one corner essentially, which is causing me to lose to much time. I am not sure if I am taking a poor line, as after the tunnel everything seems to be working fine. I've used P's settings and a few of my own and none seem to be making this car handle that much differantly overall on the lap. P, your suggestion with the toe seems right on, but other then that there is a flexability to adjust preferance.

I just suck! :irked:

Tried another session no improvements!

I just cant stand this unpredictable POS any longer, time submitted! sectors in save are ... 19.775 / 43.719

No podium for me this week .... where's me hankies :(

:D

Laters

wonder what the next one will be?
escudo, full tilt thru ssr5?
eek! :P

this was fun... but gee i wish i had more time on my hands to play with it! my time seems so ordinary in comparison!

ok finally got started.

very very bad first session. 30 miles in and only a 44.4 t2 to show for it. too much time dicking around and not enough driving. feels like i'm missing something. i dunno guys. just a bit slow here. looks like i can't walk the talk. woe is the life of the has-been :'(

Low 20's and low 46's for me

I just took it a bit more steadier into some of the corners - especially b4 the first tunnel.

A bit more time over the weekend and I should get something a bit more respectable - hopefully

The time needs to be in b4 monday ??? Is that right ?

Originally posted by ving
wonder what the next one will be?
escudo, full tilt thru ssr5?
eek! :P

R5 wet and TCS off would be my bet:D :D :D :lol:

Sounds like the 'Stang is a bit of an animal, will have a go at it this weekend
:cheers:

Just to be clear. I'm Estern and Boom's Mountain. I'm 2 hours ahead of Boom, and your 5 hours ahead of me.

Just to be clear. I'm Estern and Boom's Mountain. I'm 2 hours ahead of Boom, and your 5 hours ahead of me.

yeah - so you'll be sleeping when its 7 am tuesday for me !!

and theres no need to bring Booms mountain into this !!!!! :embarrassed:

yeah - more likely to be playing gt3 !

What sort of entry speed do you have into the first tunnel ?? Mine is NOT consistent at all and I loose quite a bit of time there on some laps.

My suggestion is try braking earler, then using throttle stear to steady the car through the corner. This might work for you, but different people like different setups and approaches.

If the rear-wheels are spinning while your cornering, you are probably lossing time

thats kind of what I was doing cos as soon as this thing starts to slip and slide then youve got to nearly stop to regain grip !!!

Try taking a lap quite slowly and then on the next lap push it a bit harder and then a bit harder and..(you get the point!)
this way you get to know the track a lot better and find out where your limits are.
ie.braking distance,gear changes ect

Originally posted by Bollocks#999
R5 wet and TCS off would be my bet:D :D :D :lol:

Sounds like the 'Stang is a bit of an animal, will have a go at it this weekend
:cheers:

saying it like its a bad thing :lol: , i always have my tcs and asm off even its its wet or rally :lol: :mischievous:

Originally posted by Spin Bad
Try taking a lap quite slowly and then on the next lap push it a bit harder and then a bit harder and..(you get the point!)
this way you get to know the track a lot better and find out where your limits are.
ie.braking distance,gear changes ect

There is only one way to drive, and thats flat out all the way
For those with limited time to run a race its the only way to go, you just adjust your driving accordingly

If you come off, you come off, thats the beauty of the resart

Originally posted by kev4
I always have my tcs and asm off even its its wet or rally :lol: :mischievous:

That'll be the TCS and ASM which are turned off on all rally tracks?

I'm not sure whether I'm too tired to notice the sarcasm or not, but GT3 turns off TCS and ASM automatically when you rally. Nothing you can do will persuade it to do anything otherwise.

I'm out. This car is too crappy.

Take the tunnel at 95-105.

Are you kidding me or what man?

A day ago you were posting times within .2 of mr.p's submitted time (34.9) and now your talkin about this being out due to the car's crap level. :lol:

Well, hey, I guess that means less comp for fellas like me, right?

Anyway, no real progress for me except a let down of sorts... ran a normal lap up to t2, then busted the final time (dirty) down by more than .500.

So you ask how thats a dissapointment... well it shows me how slow my current best clean lap is. So for now, my goal is just to put in an good 44.0, after I get that I might start stressin the 43's.

Back later on with any progress, till then,
Later.

Gokents, I spent 50 minutes on this, could not get one good lap. It either locks up or turns in too tightly. As Mr P. himself said, the car is inconsistant. If it was just crappy, I'd try to compensate. It's moody. It's tank is full of Absolut. I'm lucky if I take the first turn well 3 out of ten times. Just a pain. I can take the first turn at 138/139 if I time it right. I think that's good.

Got my T2 to 46.561 and don't think I can do much better.
Again this week I've been playing with the tuning, and think I've got the Mustang to handle quite well. With my set-up I probably loose a lot of speed, but the big issue for me has been control.
When I started in OLR I turned off the driving aids for the first time in GT3. Now this is my 12'th OLR and for the first time I've gone back to drive with ASM. Simply a necessity for me to stay in control. ;)

Back