Weekly Race Series, Week 49

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 212 comments
:lol:

I just had one crazy lap with the RUF CTR2, the lap time was slow but this thing is all over the place and made for one fun replay to watch, even managed to keep it off the wall with it completely sidewise, hell.

T1 16:340
T2 34:733
T3 54:185

Very very slow lap, but still a ton of fun. Am I the only person trying to win without a rally car? heh

Originally posted by Redline Fox
:lol:

I just had one crazy lap with the RUF CTR2, the lap time was slow but this thing is all over the place and made for one fun replay to watch, even managed to keep it off the wall with it completely sidewise, hell.

T1 16:340
T2 34:733
T3 54:185

Very very slow lap, but still a ton of fun. Am I the only person trying to win without a rally car? heh

I had about the same experience with the CTR2. I thought it would rock, but couldn't keep the thing in a straight line and was considerably slower per lap in it than any other car I tried last night in my initial tests. The only car slower for me was the Mini ( go figure right)...hahaha

Great car on asphalt though I prefer the RGT.

I even tried the (RR) RGT with rally tires last night and was faster than the CTR2...and RR is NOT optimal for rally driving...though damn fun!

Famine,

Thanks actually, I just didn't take much time with the data at the record boards. Sorry about that. :guilty:

Anway... yeah, some fast times out there.👍

I decided to stop being so clever/sneaky and switch to a more obvious car. First lap out of the box, no settings yielded:
T1 15.9
T2 33.4
T3 52.1

So I think I've found my car now :D

Porsche won Dakar and a lot of rally races with Rothman's way back, but they never really put much effort into rally programs.

It would be great to see the 959 Rothman Dakar car in GT, but that'll never happen heh.

Looks like there is no hope for the RUF in rally, on to a proper rally car. Already 2 seconds faster out of the box with the Evo prototype.

I have some work to do in the t2...
evo6 rallycar

T1: 16.001
T2: 33.xxx
T3: 53.594

I generally like this track... tried it in an astra touring car first :P

edit... thats better! I need to work on my hand writing! (other typo taken care of too)...

Anyway its better then the EVO's 2:65

I believe that the evo VII proto get's below that, but the subaru is better.

Has anyone had any luck with sough's RGT or any street car for that matter?

woof, some good laps so far.

T1 15.596
T2 33.417
T3 51.486

Thats good for the laps put in, but unless I can figure out how to setup the car properly much better will be hard to come by. The last sector is the most technical though.

Ok guys, I've run a bit with this.

As I'm sure you have all realized by now, I am not a fan of/ or fast at rally racing. Just don't do it, EVER. I went through the rally races, all once always with a tuned ctr2. (with the escudo on hand for quick wins/hard races)

Fact is, I am bad with this, but like I said, I've had a few runs now and first off...
:mad:
:lol: Ving had me sweatin for real. :lol:
And the evo... it is at a 2.6 pwr. It also gets no hp break-in.
As for normal cars to use... Im gonna say there are the standards, evos and imprezas. Ctr2, skyline and celica4 are all good choices as well.

I might go back and run a lap to see if I can get competitive. Talk to you guys when or if I end up going beyond the expected. Later.

I'll see what I can do, even though I really should've been racing since the beginning of the week. I'll see what kind of a time I can pull out...

Ctr2, skyline and celica4 are all good choices as well.

I've tried the skyline, the celica rally car and the RGT. None of them were anywhere near the EVO VII prototype. I'll give the Ctr2 and celica4 a spin but I don't have high hopes. I think I've settled on a car.

The RGT ROCKS on asphalt, probably my favorite "normal" car in the game, but in rally it is "fun" to drive, lots of fishtails and powerslides and thus banking off the walls/berms/fances but that is neither fast nor a real racing line.

I started with the CTR2 thinking it would rock and was basically ***** slapped by he car for over an hour as I tried to make it work. Then again I have issues with it on asphalt too.

I think I've settled on my car last night for this race, i tried 2 other car options and setup options last night (out of 5 total) and settled on, surprisingly, not my first choice but my 3rd with is consistently faster for me...especially in T1 and T3...

T2 is where I need some love. Now that I have settled on the car I can really work with suspension/engine setup tonight and over the weekend.

I've learned alot in the past few days in my first "race" here...I have especially learned alot about car setup and had a fairly large break through in driving style last night...

So ya I'm new here, but having so much fun.

I wish they showedthe car HP levels there, you could infere alot of the setup info from that. As it stands now you can only assume the HP levels are maxed out, esepcailly at the top.

Gotta take thoe times with a grain of salt.

Originally posted by GT3mich
Well, you could take out a Maxed out Imprezza LM and run it too. That took about 15 laps BTW.

Last night for poops and smiles I took my imprezza LM race car with dirt tires into the swiss alps and made the current best time I have with my week 49 race legal car look just plain silly. I can say my race legal car is more work to drive fast on the swiss alps circuit but more rewarding than just blitzing the course with some way maxed out race car.

Now blitzing the AI at say.....Laguna in the Imprezza LM race car I have no issue with...hahahah.

I've still got some work to do on this race also. I can see another half a second in my lap with the car I'm using. It's easy to get clean laps on this track, but it's hard to be consistently fast. That's my experience so far.

ya there are only really two placs to watch out for a loose backedn and smacking it on a wall or fence, and one other corner (the first in T2) that you gotta concentrate on, if you blow that corner kiss a good laptime goodbye.

Seems like if I blow any corner other than the one leading up to T3 I need to kiss my good laptime goodbye.

Originally posted by danoff
Seems like if I blow any corner other than the one leading up to T3 I need to kiss my good laptime goodbye.

that is probably true...but I seem to be able to rescue the lap if I mildly blow any other corner (no best times but respectable at that point) but if I blow that first right hander in T2 or the last left hander in T3 there is no saving nothing.

Those two are key, but I get screwed on the hard right leading just before T2 starts and the loop near the finish line as well. So lots of turns to watch out for.

Like I said though, most of those turns don't send me into a wall, they just cause me to lose a bunch of time.

I think increasing the spring stiffness and increasing the downforce helped... but I'm not really certain of that. I also don't know what the hell to do with the camber, so I left it alone.

Back