Weekly Race Series, Week 50

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 186 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
The Car: TVR Speed 12 Arcade Mode Car only.

The Track: Grand Valley Raceway

The Race: HOT LAP. Arcade Mode>Free Run. Get your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. Two tires on the track at all times.
2. Rumble strips are considered part of the track.
3. No wall touching.
4. Use arcade mode car only.
5. No cheating or shortcutting.

Time Disucussion: All "T" times.

The Deadline: Monday at Midnight, MST USA. February 2nd.

Please include what division you are in along with your final time. Thank you. :)

sweet, only drove this car once ages ago then sold it. The Tuscan is one of my top 5 cars in the game though....

I've never seen the speed 12 in arcade mode, then again I never looked for it either.

I like the fact it is the arcade mode car. This one will be ALL about driving skill, not tuning skill.

:-)

This could be nice.. Need to drive more arcade, don´t have the car yet. I had it sometime, and if I remember right, its really fun to drive.

well this week i think ill be the first who posts sector times :lol:, i could probably go around about 1 - 2 seconds quicker than this current time or maybe faster if i do somthing very well, back end seems to be sliding around most of the time, good job i have knowledge of drifting :lol: and a couple of corners which i could improve on by 100's of a second.
t1: 17.568
t2: 52.039
t3: 1.10.313

If someone knows the exact race in Arcade-mode where to get that Speed12, it would be very nice, if you would tell it to me.

Originally posted by RSCosworth
This could be nice.. Need to drive more arcade, don´t have the car yet. I had it sometime, and if I remember right, its really fun to drive.

Do different cars show up depending on how much of the arcade level you have finished at various skill levels?

I have a memory card with a game 96% complete with the arcade level finished in "hard", another memory card with the arcade level still in easy but not complete. I've never run through the arcade level in "pro" though.....do I need to for the speed 12 to show up?

EDIT: I'm still at work so i can't actually look right now. Dying to get home and get started!

Sounds fun. Never driven the Speed 12 before. I'll bet it will another challenging week. :lol:

high 51's
high 1.09's

This thing is unpredictable !! its a monster. I trust ASM and TCS are on - I can just about manage it with them on !

not for certain ! but I do like this course ;)

ODP and a few others will be happy with this combo 👍

I'll take the combo, and although it would be like trying to dunk on a 12' basket, I will give my best run at mr. p.
:mischievous:

Not exactly what I would have in mind for a race, but I will gladly take this over any rally race.

Back later tonight after school and party... if Im sober, count on me putting in a time.

You're still all toast... :D

Originally posted by BigJamesGTI
This thing is unpredictable !! its a monster. I trust ASM and TCS are on - I can just about manage it with them on !

Turn the ASM off. The Speed 12 is tricky enough under acceleration - the last thing you want is the ASM generating artificial understeer/snap oversteer as well...

And from my site, notes on Arcade Mode (Single Race):

"Every time you complete the easy level on one area (A-F) you’ll open up the races for the next area. Medium difficulty rewards you with one or two cars, Hard with another one or two:

Area A - Mazda MX-5 ’89 (C-class), C-West Silvia (S-class)
Area B - Audi TT 1.8T 225 (C-class), Lancia Delta HF Integrale (R-class)
Area C - Mazda RX-8 (A-class), Gillet Vertigo (S-class)
Area D - Nissan Z Concept (A-class), Pagani Zonda Racer (S-class)
Area E - Ruf RGT (A-class), TVR Tuscan (A-class), Panoz Esperante GTR-1 (S-class), R390 GT1 LM (S-class)
Area F - Toyota GT-ONE TS020 (S-class), Mazda 787B (S-class), Viper GTS-R ’02 Concept (S-class), TVR Speed 12 (S-class)"

Ok first 30 mins down and I gotta say for an Arcade car :eek: this thing is a monster !! I have had to resort to lots of early braking and being very careful on acceleration :embarrassed:

It is pretty cool though after a few laps 👍

best save so far has...

17.1 / 49.8 / 1.07.5

that'll do for now .... can only take this car in small doses :D

laters

sheet!!!
dumping me in the deep end arent ya boom?!
I have never driven a speed 12. I'll give it a go tomorrow morning. :)

gunna need all the luck i can get me thinks

So can we or can't we use the driving aids in this race (TC and ASM)? Granted we can only turn them on and off, no settings...

and

if we have two tires on a curb (not on the dark surface of the track, just the red/white curb) but the other two in the grass is that considered "in" for this race?

Back