Weekly Race Series, Week 51 - RESULTS

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 35 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Good racing everyone. 👍

Lexus taking the podium in Division 1 & 2. YAY! :D

zer0h taking the win from ODP. :eek: That don't happen to often. :) Nice work zer0h.

Small_Fryz crushing the competition in Div. 2. Nice race man. 👍
Check out the close finish between Luxy and BigJames. Great racing guy's.

Congrats to scuderia229 for taking the top honors in Division 3. Div. 3 was dominated by Lexus, but to no avail as BMW takes the win.

If you have a replay, please post it up.

Division 1

1.22.873 zer0h Lexus
1.22.943 ODP BMW
1.23.097 GoKents BMW
1.23.501 T13R BMW
1.23.604 danoff Lexus
1.23.877 HeinrichII BMW
1.24.564 Famine Lexus

Division 2

1.23.978 Small_Fryz Lexus
1.24.699 Michael K Lexus
1.24.818 BigJamesGTI
1.24.843 Luxy
1.25.013 ving Lexus
1.25.068 daan BMW
1.25.217 Barbol
1.25.540 oxygenuk BMW
1.25.857 Viper_Maniac BMW

Division 3

1.25.183 scuderia229 BMW
1.25.261 HareTurtle
1.26.277 NielsG Lexus
1.29.022 Rolfje Lexus
1.34.293 filmfan Lexus

:D

excellent run ODP, Gokents with the BMW. Wow. I liked this week. Unfortanlty i cant provide a replay as i dont have a Xport yet. sorry. even though i won Div2 i look at Div 1 and my mouth drops good run guys :)

Congratulations everyone! 👍

I should have put more time into this one. meh

I figured that boom had stacked the deck against the BMW.
The Lexus is way easier to drive, but the BMW has more potential in a "lucky" lap.

What's on deck, boom?

Attachments

• ahl_wk51_odeplace#3_ntsc_1_22_943.xps
    45.2 KB · Views: 10
Yo! :D

First podium for me in a while.

Told you I wasn't gonna take that win from you Zer0h. ;)

But I do think one more day would have yielded a winner... From me that is. :mischievous:
Oh yeah, odp is back. :(
:lol:

Anyway, good job guys, keep at it. :D

Attachments

• bmw@trail mtn._1\'23.097_kent.sps
    44.1 KB · Views: 8
Congratulations to all. Very nice times. 👍
I sure had a both fun and instructive race. I'm slowly starting to understand a little of the suspension tuning. But the camber, toe and LSD. :confused: Well, still got plenty of time to experiment before GT4. ;)

EDIT: Oops. Forgot the weekly thanks to Boom for providing all this fun. :)

Here my replay.

There was so much time left around track, a low 1'22 is possible and even a really high 1'21 but i ain't going to see them times :)

Attachments

• wrs_altezza_tm2_1.22.873_danny.xps
    47 KB · Views: 8
Ok...how did you Toyota drivers get that car so fast around the circuit?????

I couldn't get within 2 seconds of my times with the BMW with the Toyota and I tried the following 3 main combos.

1) an alteeza with 120 miles on it with full mods 9I think, I think i had to play with mufflers and chips to get this under the limit though) including stage 3 lightweight and the top turbo (I think), HP was around 433, this car eventually dropped below the 2.6 PW/R limit at about mile 175....

2) alteeza same as above but only stage 3 turbo AND stage 3 lightweight, mufflers and chips moved around to get it within spec i think. Start 0 miles...455hp'ish...I did my best times in this car.

3) alteeza with full mods in everything but this time a stage 3 (or top) N/A....around 370hp...this one felt the best but was slow.

So I played with suspensions, got the cr to stick like glue to the circuit eventually and not bounce like amd off the curbs, no ASM, level 3 TC.....played with the gear ratios....tried they WAY out so I only used 5 gears and 5th ONLY right as I entered the tunnel on the back stright (didn't work well obviously), I tried the opposite so I accelerated fast but hit the rev limiter at around 127mph (not good again). I also settled into a fairly normal gear ration where I jsut hit the limiter in 6th right before the brake point on the back straight....

The best i could do with the car was 1'27.4xx. My first sector was .4 slower than my best BMW time, second sector was 1.5+ slower (this is hwere I lost all the time in the car) and my third sector was usually .5+ faster but by then the damage was done but T2....

Cane you fast alteeza guys please post your setups....tuning numbers and mods/etc? PM me if it isn't for public eyes.. I want to go back and run the alteeza and try to figure out just how you guys got that car so fast.

It was very frustrating for me. I knew the lighter and smaller alteeza should be faster due to it's better handling...but the BMW grunt was much better for me and my, lack of, drving style.

but amazing times guys! Div 1 impresses the hell out of me weekly!

my goal time i set at the beginning of the week was 1'24.9xx...I finished the week .2 over that...I'm happy. I set a 1.26'1xx on wednesday night and from ther euntil Sunday night I couldn't break 1'27.xxx in either car. By friday I had given up on the BMW and put my effort in the alteeza....that didn't work out for me but what did work was trying to get the alteeza faster I really looked at a line around the circuit, how to take the corners and brake points etc....when i went back to the BMW after that Sundya nigth my 3rd run was my best lap, I thank my work in the aleeza for that. So i guess I can say I used both the BMW and alteeza for my win. haha.

I have my best lap saved this week. The x-port I ordered last Tuesday night hasen't arrived yet (uggh) but I can post logger data and or digi photos...etc etc if people think I am cheating yadda yadda yadda.

Sector Times:

I could still see at least 0.6 seconds in my lap, no problem. I just couldn't ever get that first stretch tight enough. I lost the podium this week every time before I ever got to the tunnel. I knew it and I couldn't fix it.

Oh well, it was fun anyway.

sorry no time from me again. i can just no longer commit to competing when i can't put my best foot forward. my wife and i's relationship is on the mend and i simply don't have the time to be me anymore on the GT3 racetrack. i don't know how to compete for fun so i'll just have to bow out now. sorry i wasted everybody's time the last coupla weeks. i'll still hop in from time to time and PERHAPS run next week's 1st anniversary event. it might be cool to try and lure all the past racers via PM to the 1st anniversary suare for week 53. anyways, good luck dudes and dudette 👍

Congrats to all the podiums. Tight racing in the first and third divisions. Good race there Scuderia! That's 2 weeks in a row you've edged me by less than a tenth. It's good to be pushed. :cheers:
I was in the BMW btw.

My replay:

Settings used, rs200

16/14.1
92/94
9/8
9/9
2.4/1.6
0/0
4/4
brakes 21/19
lsd 5/5/5
Trans. auto 25 w/ final 4.1
asm 0
tcs 4

Attachments

• gt3bestlsave2102006700.sps
    44.6 KB · Views: 6
Awesome Job Zer0h 👍 And nice times from ODP and GoKents in da bimmer. I have two replays available, one of which is a 1'23.501 and another is 1'23.509. As I said earlier, each have their advantages and weaknesses, and the best sector times give out a 1'22.7 So if anyone is interested in seeing them both, I will post them asap.

Nice racing to everyone else :)

Here's my replay.

Thanks Boom 👍

Attachments

• daan328tm2.xps
    47.6 KB · Views: 7
As I said earlier, each have their advantages and weaknesses, and the best sector times give out a 1'22.7 So if anyone is interested in seeing them both, I will post them asap.

Of course, if you combine the best sectors of both laps the lap my no longer be meaningful. To do one sector as fast as in one of the laps, you might have to be slower in the next sector (or the previous).

Originally posted by danoff
Of course, if you combine the best sectors of both laps the lap my no longer be meaningful. To do one sector as fast as in one of the laps, you might have to be slower in the next sector (or the previous).
Nope, the lines and entry speeds and exit speeds would be the same in my case. All I'm saying is that I messed up some parts of one lap, and messed up other parts of the other lap. There is no direct correlation whatsoever with a slower sector time giving me a faster sector time for the next sector or vice versa in my case.

Originally posted by HareTurtle
Congrats to all the podiums. Tight racing in the first and third divisions. Good race there Scuderia! That's 2 weeks in a row you've edged me by less than a tenth. It's good to be pushed. :cheers:
I was in the BMW btw.

Ya that is close racing...good stuff. I worked hard for that time, good to see another BMW around....

I'll try to beat you by .2 this week...hahaha :-P

congrats to all poduim place getters. :)

once again I am smack bang in the middle of div 2... oh well.
I do suprise myself tho considering the amount of time i put into it. I had half an hour to buy all the parts for my lexus, set it up and run some laps. that was it so I am not too worried :D
this was a fun one boom :)
thnx!

Nope, the lines and entry speeds and exit speeds would be the same in my case. All I'm saying is that I messed up some parts of one lap, and messed up other parts of the other lap. There is no direct correlation whatsoever with a slower sector time giving me a faster sector time for the next sector or vice versa in my case.

I don't think I could say the same. Sounds good, just pointing out that in the general case, you can't do the comparison that you're doing. Sounds like you've got things under control though.

well Im :eek: I didnt think I would finish that high up the order this week. I didnt do loads of runs at the track this week, it was more like quality than quantity - I had a real mess around with the gears and the springs and the other settings and I suppose it worked !!

So I get a podium for third in Div 2. or is it just the div 1 top three that have a podium ???

I've been sick all week, had a run on sunday but eneded up going to bed early and not posting my time (about 1:25.8 i think)

I'm STILL coughing and full of snot :ill: :mad:

Bah!

Nevermind Neil, it was a good week though. Hopefully you'll be well enough to run this week. It does sound like a monster !

I was hoping someone could tell me how to view the attached replays? I tried WMP with no luck. Any replies would be appreciated. Thankyou

The Real Deal
Herman.

You need to buy an Xport or Sharkport to be able to view these replays. The files themselves are GT3 replays and cannot be viewed on the computer. They must be transferred to your memory card, and then watched using the Replay Theater in GT3.

Sharkports are now discontinued but can be found on eBay.
Xports should be available in stores. Make sure to get NTSC or PAL depending on where you live. ( Sharkport is only NTSC, while Xport can be had in both versions )

I would suggest you do purchase one if you intend to be serious about OLR.

Originally posted by T13R
You need to buy an Xport or Sharkport to be able to view these replays. The files themselves are GT3 replays and cannot be viewed on the computer. They must be transferred to your memory card, and then watched using the Replay Theater in GT3.

Sharkports are now discontinued but can be found on eBay.
Xports should be available in stores. Make sure to get NTSC or PAL depending on where you live. ( Sharkport is only NTSC, while Xport can be had in both versions )

I would suggest you do purchase one if you intend to be serious about OLR.

Thankyou T13R for the information. You have been most helpful.

I will find the source closest to Mockingbird Lane and use Grandpa's VISA to purchase the equipment I need.

The Real Deal
Herman.

Back