Weekly Race Series, Week 51 - RESULTS

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 35 comments
I see the xport is just an USB cable with some box in the middle. You connect it to the USB of the PC and the USB of the PS2 right? And it doesn't allow you to cheat, unless you buy the action replay with it, am I correct?

So if I buy the xport, I am only able to copy around memory card data (needed to post replays here). This is all I want.

I hate cheating. GT3 is complicated enough as it is. I do like to watch the hybrid video's though (a GT3 on a rally track is a laugh to look at).

It depends what you mean by "cheat".

The Xport on it's own won't allow you to build hybrids - for that you'll need mk's GT3gEdit utility (free to download - I should have one on my site). This will allow you to build hybrids - with which you CAN cheat.

Hybrid videos eh? Seen the Genome Project, by any chance? :D

Yeah, those are the ones :D Really worth the bandwith daan. :)

Thanks for the info about the x-port Famine. I am a non-cheater by principle. Now I know I can buy an xport without beeing accused of ripping open my PS2, or playing copied games or plain cheating.

I am not doing top times in the competition right now, but I want to be open and honest about my times, and I feel an xport is going to help me in this. I also beleive it will help my driving skills, as I can load up a ghost replay of, say, Famine ;) , and try to keep up and see where the brake points and apexes are. (and why my car won't do what your car does :irked: )

I'll try to find one somewhere next week I guess...

Back