• 192 comments

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
United States
Southern Louisiana
GTP_Kent
A new year for the Weekly Race Series.
First and foremost, I thank boom on the behalf of all WRS racers. An excellent year, that it was.

I will do my best with the series, thank you for letting me. However, there is one change that I am making... The Deadline for all race times is now 1 hour earlier than our previous standard. This will make the deadline midnight cst (my time). This will aid me in posting results & new races. (http://www.worldtimezone.com/)

Now for the race...
1 tribute race as everyone should have predicted.
Qualification Race + Week 1 =
The Car: Buy a Castrol Supra(sim car).

Super Soft Tires. (change oil all you want.)
No turbo upgrades. (there are no other upgrades available.)

The Track: Midfield I

The Race: Hotlap. Get your best single lap time. (arcade mode free run)

The Rules:
1. You must have 2 tires on the track at all times.
2. The rumble strips are considered part of the track.
3. No wall riding or touching.
4. No cutting the grass or short cutting.
5. No hybrids
6. No cheating of any kind.

Time Discussion: All "T" Times.

The deadline: All Times Due before 00.00hrs cst. Tuesday the 24th. (Same as 06.00hrs gmt london. Tuesday the 24th.)(That means 1 hour earlier :mad: )
http://www.worldtimezone.com/

Send all final times via PM to Me. (GoKents)

well I think with just saying 1 hour earlier should be enough for everyone, and it's cool, no problem about that :D

and btw Kents, good luck on the job.

and woah, Castrol at midfield? hmm sounds interesting, but if it's sim stock car, it means no turbo upgrades, not even muffler, chip, engine balance and all that stuff right? Hopefully I got it right.

well till I have a lap to post :)

Originally posted by GoKents

Now for the race...
1 tribute race as everyone should have predicted.
Qualification Race + Week 1 =
The Car: Stock Castrol Supra(sim car).
Free tire and oil choice. No turbo upgrades.

Brilliant !! Just two questions Kent - when you say qualification race + week 1 what do you mean ?? Is week 1 a qualifier and we get new Divisions ??

And the second is really a follow on from Heinrich - is is just a stock sim car with no other mods at all??

all these questions on your first day eh !! good luck though

qualification race + week 1 it means that is just remembering the first car that it was used in here(Castrol Supra) and the track for qualifying(midfield). I dunno, I might be wrong

Originally posted by BigJamesGTI
Brilliant !! Just two questions Kent - when you say qualification race + week 1 what do you mean ?? Is week 1 a qualifier and we get new Divisions ??

And the second is really a follow on from Heinrich - is is just a stock sim car with no other mods at all??

all these questions on your first day eh !! good luck though

No problem.

The qualifier was the evo at midfield we all had to run. (which is also the only time we have ever run midfield 1 in the weekly)
Week 1 was the arcade castrol supra @ trail mtn.

So I combined them and made a slight change. (like the child of 2 parents)

So here's the deal.

Use a castrol supra with only new tires and oil.
Don't buy turbos.
Theres nothing else you can do to it.

So spin midfield and have fun.

I will try and clean up the wording of the first post.

Oh yeah... no, there will be no new qualifying or anything. (but I will change divisions if the need arises.) ;)

Good luck racers. :D

oh so that means no suspension upgrades and all that stuff? that's great, my weak spot is at tuning definitely:banghead:

btw where's that "real deal" herman guy?:lol:

Hmmm, good question, no clue where the 2nd fastest qualifier is.

But sorry dude, the castrol supra is a race car that comes with a fully modified race suspension.

There will be tuning.

So lets get this straight...

Go buy a castrol supra. :D
Do nothing but oil and tires.

Great start Kent! Nice, simple race to ease us into the New Year. I should have much more time this week, so hopefully will place better than I did in Week 52.
I think I did ok on the qualifier at Midfiled if I remember correctly. ;)

Sorry for the "off-topic", but I can't get Van Halen out of my head every time HeinrichII posts.

Oh well, there are worse songs to get stuck on, I suppose. :cool:

Edit/ In reply to next post, so as to avoid clutter: Not your name, but Location: Panama ;)

I'll see if I can fit in some time during the week for this (between the 100% goal, wrrk, getting the bike ready etc. etc. etc.)..

Nice choice Kent 👍

Originally posted by Oliver DePlace
Well, apparently he has yet to achieve perfection.

Last week wasn't the one to try. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Nice lookin race Kent 👍 you can be sure I'll turn in a time for this! and with it being midfield I'll be hoping for a good result too ;) :mischievous:

midfield is the track i know most and well count me in yay. Ecellent race gokents.

im defiently in! 2nd favourite car and 2nd favourite track :lol:. good luck on the job kent you've done well for your 1st weekly! :)

Well, it looks like the gang's all here, so I'll be on this tonight.
iroc.gif

just to be 100% clear...

Toyota Castrol Supra race car 474hp PW/R 2.320 (stock after oil change) + any tire we want @ midfield I (normal direction) in arcade/free run mode...

If so cool. Never ever used that car and am not a huge fan of midfield, not that I hate it but I never think much about it. Good thing it isn't a damn Evo! hahah.

First to post T-times:
After 5 laps I got 20.9//41.2 :D

Edit: BTW: I hate EVOs, I have 5 different Lancers sitting in my garage :mad:

I ran 5 laps this morning with my DS2 (I mainly play with a wheel) in the stock (I adjusted nothing) supra with an oil change and medium tires....

T1 20.8
T2 41.1

Seems slow, needs alot of love I think.....

Ok guys so who has a good setup for a FR car? hahaha Mr. P?

Alright Kent, new year of WRS means new resolutions(?)
If so, you can definately count me in for this week, but it wont be like other weeks where I have little time to do a race on a certain day, get my fastest lap, and submit.

...I'm gonna be dedicating a few more days for this :mischievous:

Ok had some laps ...

20.106 / 39.098 :mischievous:

Great combo 👍

btw :eek: Kelly is flying here too! .... pushing me badly :scared:

Here's the set up me and Kel are running

8.5/10.7
50/55
10/10
10/10
1.0/1.0
0.0/0.0
4/4
9/9
5/5/5
Gear trick - auto 21/ final 2.990
max DF
TCS 2

Good luck, hope it helps:tup:

Originally posted by Mr P
Here's the set up me and Kel are running

8.5/10.7
50/55
10/10
10/10
1.0/1.0
0.0/0.0
4/4
9/9
5/5/5
Gear trick - auto 21/ final 2.990
max DF
TCS 2

Good luck, hope it helps:tup:
woohoo free setup :D

Originally posted by HareTurtle
Is it ok to use the prize car, (Pro, Vitz Series), or do we have to buy this car?
Shouldn't make a difference, except that the prize car is already broken in, so you dont have to put like 150 miles on it before you get peak hp. I don't see why you couldn't.

Back