Weekly Race Series, Week 6 - R390R246

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 129 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Here we go!

Week 6 lady and gentlemen has us running the Nissan R390 GT1 LM Race car.

This is gonna be a fast one so buckle up.

I would think that just about everyone should have this car in there garage by now. It's quite a popular ride isn't it?

The Car: Nissan R390 GT1 LM Race Car. Install Stage 3 turbo. 914 HP Your choice of tires.
r390-2.jpg

If you don't have this car in your garage, it can be won by running the GT-All Stars, Professional League. Use the "Save Trick" to ensure you get the car in the least amount of time. If you are unfamiliar with how to do the save trick, you can run a search for it. There are a few threads that explain how it's done.

The Track: Tokyo R246

The Race: Hot Lap. Arcade mode "free run." Grab your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. Rumble strips are part of the track.
2. Don't even think about touching a wall.
3. The area behind rumble strips are part of the track.
4. Save your replay.
5. No cheating.
6. No hybrids.
7. Have fun.

The Deadline: Midnight on Monday the 31st of March. check your time zones at www.worldtimezone.com
Send your lap time to me via PM.

Time discussion: T2 times only please.

Since this is gonna be a fast one, please share any techniques that you may have. I would like to see some more sharing of settings as well. We have had a few weeks now of cars that we can tune. Please share what you have learned and what works for you with the others. :) Thanks.

Buckle in, and let's get it on.

I'll try harder this week :D Good choice! I love both the track and the car 👍 and an added bonus is I can easily kill you all with my momo here
saevil.gif

The last 2 weeks I've hardly put any effort into the races that's why my results are so crap :rolleyes:

but this week....... I show you all what I'm made of again!
:mischievous:

This is the one ive been waiting for!!! Me so happy now.

My time not be the best but I will have a blast driving it!:D

:lol:

So out comes the MOMO huh. :runningscared:
I was thinkin Monaco again. I'm tired of seeing the ass end of Mr. Hollands car. You think you can take him using the power of the MOMO?

Originally posted by lotus350
Not on Monaco no:irked:

but Tokyo .............. sure!:P :D

HAHA!

Look at that Mischa! Kelly said she's gonna take you out. :eek:

You heard it here first everyone. Lotus 350 vs. Made in Holland. Get your tickets now!!! This should be a good one. ;) Where do I place my money?

Originally posted by boombexus
HAHA!

You heard it here first everyone. Lotus 350 vs. Made in Holland. Get your tickets now!!! This should be a good one. ;) Where do I place my money?

:P You get better odds backing the outsider..that would be me :D

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
Which Wheel are you guys talking about?

Is it this one:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?p...D=13&CONTENTID=6030&countryid=19&languageid=1

Or this one:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?p...D=13&CONTENTID=5025&countryid=19&languageid=1

It says Neither is compatable with PS2, so how can you use it? With a patch or new driver or something? Or is it compatible and they just don't tell you?
:confused:

I got the second one , the more expensive one :D and it doesn't say that it's compatible but it is, just plugs into the usb on the ps2 and it is way more fun than a DS2 ....worth every penny :cool:

Thanks for the info Lotus, I wanted to get a wheel for a long time, but that one that's designed for PS2 seemed like a P.O.S. when I tried it at the store. Maybe I'll order one because it would be good for PC as well. How long did it take you to get used to it? Just curious.

Not that long, I can't use it on all the tracks yet though and some cars are an easier drive than others and sometimes I loose my patience with it and give up . I've now started trying it without the force feedback on because it makes a lot of noise and I tend to oversteer it a bit . :D
Overall though it's quite easy to learn .

Awww boom!? Why did you have to go and give us a Sim car that you have to race a million miles to win, again?!?! :irked:

I'll get it though.

WhhhhhhhOOOOOOO Hhhhhhoooooooooo :D :D Yes excelent choice boom 👍
The ultimate car track combo :D :P

I love this car I will put the effort in this week ;)

I may have to go win the R390 again though .

The one i have now has 1181 Bhp im sure it's ragged out because im sure it can go up to just over 1200Bhp

If i stick a stage 3 into the one i have will it affect the Bhp required for this race or will i just go and get another one .???

Originally posted by boombexus
HAHA!

Allright. A little bet to make it more interesting. Allthough Tokyo isn't one of my favorite tracks, i will do my best to win this challenge. Will be very difficult though, i've seen the beautiful things Kelly can do with a MOMO before :eek:

And if she beats me, i will buy a MOMO wheel the next day:mischievous:

Oh, and Rob: place your bets on Kelly; it's definetly better to see her rear then mine;)

Ran about 10 laps this morning, did a little tuning... best T2 was 44.0xx

Some very early settings:

Springs:10/10
Ride: 70/75 (too low, on the replay I can see the car bottom out on the main straight)
Bound: 10/10
Rebound: 10/10
Camber: 2/1
Toe: 0/0
Stab: 7/7
Brakes: 18/20
LSD: Defaults
Gear: Auto 24, Final 3.600 (Gear Trick) (Final could probably go a little higher)
Downforce: 90/115
ASM: 0
TCS: 4

The car feels nice and solid, but it took a few laps to remember that I wasn't driving a 409hp MR-S anymore! :D

Boom, you really have a thing for tracks with walls :irked: Oh well, keeps me on my toes. ;)

Originally posted by UB57
Hey pedrodaman:
:confused: Got X-Port??? If so you can fix the HP loss in about 2-3 Minutes!!!...UB57
:D

Nope im affraid i don't have one of those :( and i can't get one :(

My car is indeed ragged out ran a few laps in this got a T2 of 41.975 good solid lap
My car is running at 895 Bhp with stage 3 Turbo

I will need to get a new one to gain that extra hp ..But good early signs that this could be a good one for me :)

@Boom i nearly wet myself when i saw this weeks race & car :lol: :P

Welcome Back Mr P:
:D We missed you last week, (although your absence DID allow me to move up one spot!!!)

Have run four quick laps this morning w/best T2 of 42.4. Predict that the "Hot Shoes" will be in the 40s, (Man I HOPE they won't be running in the 39s!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: ...UB57

hey UB57 ;)

1st session in the sweetest car in the game gives a T2 of 40.7

hope i can keep up with Lotus's Momo here :mischievous:

Originally posted by cobraking13
:lol: i've spent more time racing the races to win cars then raceing the cars themselfs!

Hey cobraking13:
:D Only three things to tell you:SHARKPORT, SHARKPORT, SHARKPORT!!! Best $25.00 I ever spent, get the cars you want w/o the hassle & keep ALL your cars @ Max HP!!!...UB57

im having to win the car again aswell:)

About half way there at the mo still got another 3/4 races left to run then i got a new car :D

Good to see you back Ron 👍 i knew this weeks race would bring you back ;)

hey Boom, maybe we should put together a garage of all the cars we are going to be using for these races and make a downloadable version of it with both the sharkport and x-port. It would still stink for those that don't have it, but at least the people that do have it wecan use it. :)

Back