Weekly Race Series, Week 6 - R390R246

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 129 comments
if there is a rally race please don't have it be in some gay arcade car with 275 hp. make it a manly run please. none of that Mr. P. business with the wimpy ride :lol: :odd:

Keep things the way they are. Using arcade cars would be pretty boring now...

I think that most of the cars we've used so far are winnable in a little over two hours (8 ten-lap races, 1:30/lap).

It's a pain in the ***, but it's only one night's worth of work.

And a rally would rock! Tahiti Maze, Tahiti Maze!

Originally posted by MajiiK
Best save T2 40.9xx... With this setup:

Someone try it and give me some feedback.....?

Hi MajiiK:
:D I know we're using the same wheel, so you must have reactions like a CAT to drive w/these settings!!! My aged reflexes just weren't up to the "Quickness" so I've dialed in some TCS. Did manage not to touch a wall FOR ONE LAP & cut my T2 time down by .5 Sec, but only .1 sec at the finish for my quickest clean lap. Will fiddle w/your settings a little more & let you know what happens. Thanx...UB57
:D

Thanx Mr P:
:D Loaded your settings & made a few MINOR changes to accomodate the wheel & my "Lack of Style" & took just a bit off of T2 time. The good news is I took over a full second off my best lap. I've never had a car this quick where I didn't have to lift at all between turns 8 & 12, Thanx again...UB57
:D

Originally posted by pedrodaman
I will give it a go and let you know im lapping the very low 41's ..BTW what gear setup are you using?

This:

1. 2.280
2. 1.630
3. 1.283
4. 1.064
5. 0.905
6. 0.773

Final 3.480

Auto 24 (Trannytrick)

5'10.200 Max? You're not supposed to discuss your lap times!!

;) :P

you really are scarin me now :eek: :eek: :eek: :odd:

lets dance
ura.gif
beeeeeeeeesh !!:mischievous:

New Best save T2 40.4xx :D

This is with Mr P's setup and some few mods...

Thanx Mr P... Your setup is Brilliant:tup:

first session yield a promising 40.5 t2. i don't see a 39 personally although if everything lines up just right, it could be almost feasable. i need to work on my setup a little as well. i'll just make my run and cross my fingers. maybe it will hold up.

hello people
i was just wondering if any of you can remember the car you used to win the GT All-Stars series so as you could win the R390 cause i don't have it yet?
i've been trying to win the series using a 787B but it isn't working. i managed to win the first 2 races no prob but then at Midfield 2 and Test Course i was totally whipped by the R390 and i'm off the pace at Apricot Hill as well. i got 2nd place in both races no worries but that isn't going to be enough to win the series.
i would really like to run this weeks race cause i like the track and i haven't been able to compete for the past few weeks because i didn't have the cars and i just don't get enough time to play the PS2 and have to win them.

Thanks

i use the polyphony 1 to get it out of the way but if u havnt got 1 i dont know wot u could use soz. if you want a poly 001 (f090/s or whatever) try racing the speedway enduro or any enduro for that matter(they all give u a f1 car sometime)

im gonna sit out on this one boom because i really hate gt-allstars
i had to race the bloody thing over 20 times to get the viper gtsr concept then when i found out about save trick i did it straight away but didnt need it as i won the viiper first try:irked: :D

and my current r390 has full mods some of which cant be removed (port polish, engine balance etc.):mischievous: so ill see y'all in week 7;)

use an F1 if all else fails ;) cant remember what i used :confused: possibly a787:cool:

some nice sectors coming in lads :thumb glad the set up is working for you's ;)

a shame its working better for you's than me :irked:

:P :D laters

:( I need to cut my run short this week :( Im flying off to London Tonight then up to Manchester on business.
So i will have no time over the weekend to run this :(

I will run a few today to see if i can get a result :)

Laters ;)

Best clean lap save so far:

T1 = 10.950

T2 = 41.235

I think I'm losing too much time on the first 90 degree corner...any of you guys running in the 40.xxx T2 times wanna share a T1 time with me?

Originally posted by Mr P
10.9 is reasonable ;) i'm averaging 10.7 - 11.0 :cool:

Well I guess I'm in the ball park there, my next suspect would be the fast left before the chicane. Seems like I can Almost get through there in fourth and fifth coming out of the turn...maybe I could get through there in 5th most of the way:confused:

P.S. MrP. I "borrowed" your setup this week;) . You and Max E. know exactly how I like my cars:lol:

whatever turns your frank man :lol:

i have to try this magic mr p setup at some point. i'm still a bit unstable but i think it's due to my rear springs being too hard and i'm getting too much bounce off the rumbles causing some instability and scrub. i believe i have a 9.0/17.0 spring setup now. what i'll try tonight is to lower both settings proportionately to say 6.0/14.0 so that i keep them offset in the way i need to create nesessary oversteer and at the same time make the rear springs soft enough to not hop around so much 👍

well, starting off w/ a brand new car and Mr. P's settings, after a quick 30 lap session my best T2 yeilded was a 41.8, BUT like always i managed to fudge it up right at the end. But just to see a 41 in there, bad lap or not, gives me hope. My car isnt fully broken in yet either, so I think once the cars fully broken in, i get some more track time, and tweak the settings a little more to my liking, im hoping for a mid 41 outta this one, MAYBE a low 41, but i dont wanna get my hopes up. Man this car is insane tho...haha

hey folks. i just joined the weekly racing league. i'm still a beginner -- well, not really, cuz i've had the game for almost a year now, but i don't get the chance to play often -- and i'm excited about the new challenge.

i just wanted to say something about the car choice though. in my opinion, i think it's rather difficult for us beginners to race through a whole professional series to obtain the required car. in addition, the extra challenge of obtaining a prize car may discourage some people who do not have a lot of time during the week.

but i guess if you really wanted to participate, you'll put in the time and effort anyway. or you could also buy a sharkport. :)

i think that as long as we keep it mixed up and alternate between different classes of cars -- i.e. harder-to-obtain prize cars, cheaper-buyable cars, arcade cars, etc. -- it will be fine.

just my two cents. in any case, thanks boom for organizing this. i look forward to the challenge!

You guys, Im having some real trouble getting in time with this race.

I bought 2 new games this week... a 2d fighter and a football game.

Snk v capcom and madden 2003.

So my gaming time is getting spread thin and I havent even had time to get my settings right.

So we will see.

I still believe I have time to get in a lap to turn in, but I dont know.

I doubt I will be able to dodge out on this though, as I seriously hate to skip on the races that Im not doing well on.

Talk to you guys soon, as I will be working on the racing for a little while tonight.

Back with some updates later...

Well I've not had much track time either and aint going to get much.
So fans... put your money on MIH it's better spent ;)

I'll be lucky to get top 10 :rolleyes:

Guess I'll have to do a late nighter or something over the weekend coz there just seems to be no time during the day to it :irked: Got nice weather though, that makes a change :)

@IDAFC21 The car don't need breaking in, it's a prize car so it comes already broken in.
;)

Back