Weekly Rivals Mode Thread FINAL WEEK

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 613 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to squize a racebox into my setup, and without even looking at the settings on it i just did a 01:59.604. Getting it set right should at least give me those last 0,030 secs :gtpflag:

Edit:
Wow there's still 3 spot's up till Bibblefish, Fastbud being one of them :cheers:

Edit2:

Just found this here video, at 4:40 he starts explaining how you are most likely to get a clean lap. hope it helps.

Managed to shave a little bit off my last time with the same Lotus to post 2:04.386 but as luck would have it I clipped a wall on the final lap and managed a 2:03.2xx

Still, I know how the English FA must feel.
I’ve created a game you’re all beating me at :lol:

Its funny with prague, some places you can slam as hard as you want into the wall and your still good, other places you get dirty just by looking at white line.. Iv must have run around 50 laps now and at least 15 of those were dirty :embarrassed:

But anyways, down to 01:59.187 now :mischievous:
So badly wanna break into the 58's now ;)

2:01.625 but I'm hoping to go at least sub 2 minutes. What's the deadline on posting times for this week btw?

I would say 6pm GMT on Wednesday, gives me 2 hours or so to compile the leaderboard and decide on the new car division and track.

Last edited:
Its funny with prague, some places you can slam as hard as you want into the wall and your still good, other places you get dirty just by looking at white line.. Iv must have run around 50 laps now and at least 15 of those were dirty :embarrassed:

But anyways, down to 01:59.187 now :mischievous:
So badly wanna break into the 58's now ;)

lol, i know what you mean. I'm not stopping in this thing until i get into the 58's.

Down to a 1:59:152, one spot ahead of you.

Alright, I am going to try my hand later tonight. Brace yourself for mediocrity!

You're not alone :lol:
I might be chairing this shindig but I'm completely outclassed. Best I can do is in the 2:04's maybe scrape into the 03's...

I've tried countless different cars but the Esprit remains my best effort, which is kinda odd since it was my first car choice as well as the inspiration for this choice of division.
Still, I am genuinely loving this newfound competition with a bunch of guys. Beats aimlessly lapping any day so thanks fellas :cheers:

I threw some downforce to my 360 in order to help with the understeer it had, I've cured the understeer but I'm now half a second slower. :lol:

842A1AFD-E3AF-4457-A402-3E0D429D1A01.jpeg

Either I’m a bit ***** or the car is lol. It can’t be the tune seeing its @UnshavenYapper so it must be me. I am just starting the Sport GT Icons event in career and thought to give this a go. To be honest I’m reasonably happy with it and using a controller with no assists.

Also what’s the best way to do these laps. I just did it in a freeplay race?

Yep, still not beating my Lotus time.
I’ve tried all manner of Sport GT Icons though, cars I haven’t driven yet so there is that. Lots of fun had but I think 2:04-ish is the best I can do on this track...

I've decided to have a bit of a go but I'm usually 5 seconds or so slower than the quick guys. My gamer tag is RepairedCarrot8.

Bit the bullet and downloaded a tune, for the GT-R 95. Posted a 2:03.362 on my first attempt, certainly some more time to be found there but I might leave it as I feel dirty using a tune.

I’m trying to justify it to myself as so:
Lewis Hamilton doesn’t tune his F1 car to win world titles :guilty:

Managed a 1:58:532 #11, not bad in this car.
That is definitely a fast lap, im not sure im going to be able to get that low. But i can only try 👍

Either I’m a bit ***** or the car is lol. It can’t be the tune seeing its @UnshavenYapper so it must be me. I am just starting the Sport GT Icons event in career and thought to give this a go.
Well that tune is set up like an "allround lobby racer" so im positive its not the best for prague. Whenever you are using other people's tunes you should allways grab a few different ones and see what suits you the best 💡

27356268039_35c3eed4ca_b.jpg

2:01.199 for now. I managed a 2:00.275 on a dirty lap, but if I absolutely nail the lap I can manage just under 2 I believe. I just got drained for the night lol.

I'm liking the amount of activity this is getting! I honestly wasn't expecting it.

Last edited:
Well I managed a 2:02.2xx in the 288 GTO. Thought I would try one of the Hondas this morning. Managed a 2:00.926 in the 05 NSX. Still 3 corners on that track that are giving me a bit of trouble. Several dirty laps and outright crashes getting under 2:02.

I think I may go back the the 288 and see if I can beat the NSX time with it.

Managed a 2:01.196 with the 288 GTO was up a few times with a chance at 2:00.xxx but wasn't able to put it together.
Need to go do some other stuff so I guess 2:00.926 in the '05 NSX will have to do for now.

btw Good choice of division and track. Several cars in there that have a chance and a pretty cool track that I needed more practice on.

I eeked a 2:01.578 with the 95 Corvette thus far. Add me to the growing list of those who loathe the esses. I cannot count how many dirty laps that second right-hander has netted me.

I’m just going to assume that Prague is my bogie track. My performance has been far from thrilling and I’m REALLY pushing it... just don’t understand why I’m so far behind. When I push harder my times are slower :confused:

Done with this one. Looking forward to Wednesday for a new challenge :D

Well that tune is set up like an "allround lobby racer" so im positive its not the best for prague. Whenever you are using other people's tunes you should allways grab a few different ones and see what suits you the best 💡

Cheers mate, it certainly is an easy driving tune though. To be honest overall when playing the game depending on track/car I'm about 2-5s off you top guys or top 1%. Can't complain too much as I've improved a lot since GT5/6 and loving the friendly competition. Now to play a little more online stuff now i have a good amount of cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back