Weekly Rivals Mode Thread FINAL WEEK

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 613 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't tried the RS5 so no idea how it drives. The car I drove was pretty well tuned even though it was setup for an oval it still drove pretty well, lots of power and good grip too.

You could do me a solid and give it a whirl? Curious how you'd manage in it.

You could do me a solid and give it a whirl? Curious how you'd manage in it.
Well I took it out for a 5 lap race, just running whatever setup the game gave me on it. Took a couple of laps to come to grips with the handling of it but started to get a little quicker each lap. Last lap was the best at 1:39.546

Well I took it out for a 5 lap race, just running whatever setup the game gave me on it. Took a couple of laps to come to grips with the handling of it but started to get a little quicker each lap. Last lap was the best at 1:39.546

That’s not too far ahead of me then. Gives me a little confidence :D
Obviously I’ll be trying other cars anyway.

I can't remember if it was the RS5 or 7 that was an absolute boat when in stock trim... so I wouldn't be surprised if we'll see better times coming from the other cars. Either way 1:38.825 seems alright for a start, apparently the caddy is the way to go though judging by the leaderboards.

I saw that time with the Wraith and just about died. Absolutely magical.

I managed a 1:37.993 in a RWD RS5, so there is some potential there. I actually built a RWD Mercedes E63, but only managed a 1:37.999. Oh well, I have many more cars to test tomorrow!

The Wraith experiment was fun, but it's time to get serious. Currently down to a 1:36.534 with the V10 M6, that thing is an absolute peach. I could potentially shave a few tenths off should I manage to get the Corkscrew right, but I haven't managed to do so since the GT2 days so I'm not holding my breath. :lol:

Car choise and setup means ALOT in Forza if not everything, im not bashing T10 for this because with so many cars and factors in play, a perfect PI system is impossible. And last week i took 2secs of my time with the 612, just from tinkering with it. was running high 02.01.xxx's when i just pulled it out the garage.

Cant really decide of i wanna stick with one car this week or try a few different ones, think im at least gonna give all the BMW's a try :)

Car choise and setup means ALOT in Forza if not everything, im not bashing T10 for this because with so many cars and factors in play, a perfect PI system is impossible. And last week i took 2secs of my time with the 612, just from tinkering with it. was running high 02.01.xxx's when i just pulled it out the garage.

Cant really decide of i wanna stick with one car this week or try a few different ones, think im at least gonna give all the BMW's a try :)
tried a couple of cars last night the Maserati and the Cady still need to try the BMW’s :)

Copy/pasted the list of car avaible from Manteomax's thread over at FM.net

Sport Luxury

2015 Audi RS 6 Avant
2013 Audi RS 7 Sportback
2011 Audi RS 5 Coupe
2009 Audi RS 6
2017 Bentley Continental Supersports
2015 Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 Concept
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed
2013 BMW M6 Coupe [F12]
2012 BMW M5 [F10]
2010 BMW M6 Coupe [E63]
2009 BMW M5 [E60]
2016 Cadillac ATS-V Forza Edition
2016 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
2016 Cadillac ATS-V
2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
2008 Ferrari California
2015 Infiniti Q60 Concept
2014 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge
2012 Infiniti IPL G Coupe
2015 Jaguar XFR-S
2015 Jaguar XE-S
2014 Maserati Ghibli S
2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition
2010 Maserati GranTurismo S
2013 Mercedes-Benz E 63 AMG
2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo [971]
2016 Rolls-Royce Dawn (specialty dealer)
2014 Rolls-Royce Wraith
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
2015 Volvo S60 Polestar

Average horsepower: 500
Average weight-to-hp: 8.7

Homologation rules:
Tire compound STREET
Tire width 315
Power 600 HP
Class A650

Looking at it, i would say the Caddy 2011 CTS-V is the OP car in this weeks selection. That car was a beast in FM6 in A class. I do hope i get proven wrong tho :cool::cheers:

After a couple of goes in the '09 M5 I got down to a 1:39.119 but there was definitely time there. Might have a go in something else tomorrow.

Just did a 1:37.715 with the Wraith :lol: Might have more into it too!
To be honest, it was almost my first choice as well :lol:

I think I managed a borderline 1:37 in the E60 M5, but I'm still testing others before I really decide what I want.

01:37.897 - Bentley Continental Supersports '17......First try, build and tune tho....things a pig!

EDIT:
01:36.939 - BMW M5 '09.... First try with a build i did some time ago and apperently is shared, horry up and grab it boys before i change my mind on having this beast shared :mischievous:

Edit2:
Cant believe, there's 12.140 people on this leaderboard, but there is 3 of us from this event in the top 10 allready 👍👍👍

Last edited:
I was a bit shocked to see how high up I was after just a few laps in an oval setup ;)

For some reason I am struggling out there today. Will have to try later. Seems that after driving that AWD Audi I keep getting carried away on the throttle and having issues. Need to go drive something else for a while I think.

1:36.9xx in the ATS-V, it’s a generic tune that’s better suited to Daytona road course. Might take some HP out and add some tire width. Was never getting to 6th and had a ton of tire spin.

1:36.9xx in the ATS-V, it’s a generic tune that’s better suited to Daytona road course. Might take some HP out and add some tire width. Was never getting to 6th and had a ton of tire spin.

I feel most of the cars in that division have enough power stock (Volvos aside), it's really more important to get weight out of the car and add in some grip with the tires and suspension, and maybe some aero too.

I feel most of the cars in that division have enough power stock (Volvos aside), it's really more important to get weight out of the car and add in some grip with the tires and suspension, and maybe some aero too.
yeah, especially the newer CTS-V Sedan, starting at 640hp, outside of it's own homologation.

The Bentley was sitting at 700hp. there was barely anything you could do with it....

Found it drove much better without max front tyre width tho :crazy:

The Bentley was sitting at 700hp. there was barely anything you could do with it....

Found it drove much better without max front tyre width tho :crazy:
You can use it even though it has more power than the homolagation allows? I always figured it would restrict it.

There are restrictors to bring it to 600hp, but you can't do much else to it. It's very much a car that was way better/more useful in Horizon.

Some engine swap engine's got them too, but im not sure if it follows the car or engine?

Im pretty sure i tried engine swapping a car so it had the 3.7l V6, but no plates was available, but then i swapped the same engine into another car, and then the plates was there?

You have to check for your self :)

Some engine swap engine's got them too, but im not sure if it follows the car or engine?

Im pretty sure i tried engine swapping a car so it had the 3.7l V6, but no plates was available, but then i swapped the same engine into another car, and then the plates was there?

You have to check for your self :)
Well, now that I know I'll definitely keep an eye out! I wonder if this is the case for the Civic Type R as well, as its 6HP out of its homologation. I'll look into it, Thanks!

UGH God you guys are having so much fun with this selection and I'm tied up and work and desperate to hit the track :irked:
From the looks of things I'm definitely not going to settle on the Audi this week. Gagging to get an M5 or something around 'Seca.

I've just started my Christmas holidays so I'm hoping to get a bit more time than last week but juggling it around a hypo seven month year old is quite a task.

Grabbed your tune @UnshavenYapper, looking forward to seeing how much quicker it is. I thought I was almost competitive this week but you guys are dropping seconds in a hurry.

Civic, Focus and i think the Merc all have restrictor plates to run in the Modern hot hatch division if i remember correctly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back