Weird comments you get on your liveries

United States
United States
I know I can't be the only one who gets them. And not just trolls being trolls, stuff that makes no sense. Either someone is nuts, or uses a bad translator.

I'm sure it's just a bad translation, but I've had a Japanese player posting the same odd message for weeks. "Half REDBULL scries in my room." I haven't the foggiest what he/she/it is actually trying to say.

I know what you mean. I don't think that I've ever got a comment that was either useful or constructive just the usual "good job L+R" or just a "wow"

Weirdest comment I ever got; I uploaded a replica livery for the Ford GT40 a while ago, and someone put in all caps "THE ONLY PERSON WITH A SPOT ON REMAKE THANK YOU DRAKE"

My name's not Drake... what?

Whenever I get comments it's usually in the form of "Good job L+R"
Then when I check the guy posting it, either the commenter's livery works are just average or worse (often times a slapdash job involving built-in stickers) or the commenter is part of the ICRT gang.

The oddest ones I get are from very polite Japanese people. Occasionally, I'll get a response in Japanese which translates as "may I use this?" and I'm thinking, yes, obviously, it's there to be used, that's why it's shared.

Then when I check the guy posting it, either the commenter's livery works are just average or worse (often times a slapdash job involving built-in stickers) or the commenter is part of the ICRT gang.
Those comments always feels a bit worthless coming from those people.

- Just "Okay" on my Fitbit logo SVG.

- "Extra G!" on my Nikon RC-F.

- "Very Wisely! Kool than a stupid lol! I dare u to folow me!" on my McLaren Shadow Gr.4 car.

- "Uall" on my Porsche 962 Hybrid livery.

Yeah, I get a bunch.

Also the ICRT gang can go shove it. Stop selling your mixtapes on the street corner outside my record shop.

Last edited:
I wonder why some comments go something like 'Nice livery, congratulations'

Am I missing something?

The oddest ones I get are from very polite Japanese people. Occasionally, I'll get a response in Japanese which translates as "may I use this?" and I'm thinking, yes, obviously, it's there to be used, that's why it's shared.

Haha, I get those too! I dont think I've replied to one yet as i think the same as you do. Very polite to ask though, us Brits would never do that!

Am I missing something? A number of people have mentioned this name

The ICRT is like the illuminati of Gran Turismo Sport's community tab. People who use said tag are typically incredibly popular and they all have thousands of followers and get hundreds of likes on their stuff (IMO, an amount of things tagged with acronym are not of quality). Some could literally paint a Beetle in red chrome and many would think it's the bee's knees.

(For example, this matte blue Toyota with nothing on it.)
(I don't hate the people who make this stuff, it's just that you put hours of your own effort into liveries that net you like 5 likes, then you look at this stuff and sort of just sigh.)

upload_2019-9-6_15-27-53.png

I can't tell why they exist or who started it, I've only ever been able to learn what the acronym means. Any sort of search on google just returns people asking what the heck it stands for. (Incognito Creator's Round Table)

The name implies it's some sort of club of creators or something. I haven't been able to find a way to join or who is even considered part of it. Honestly some people who use the tag rub me the wrong way. Some are the type who go to your gallery and tell you to follow them and look at their stuff like you're their personal billboard.

Again, I'm not sure how people qualify to enter, how many people are actually in it, if there are any actual agreements between them, if a bunch of these guys are just posing and have hopped on a bandwagon or what. There's just no way for me to tell. I'm not even sure how to tell a real member from a poser (if there even are any)

Some fun stuff here but I'm doing a bit of a social experiment that I'll delete later:

upload_2019-9-6_15-9-58.png

I slapped ICRT on my Wynn's Mazda livery and I want to see how many likes it can pick up just from the tag alone. My actual post with the correct tags was only able to pick up 4 likes after an entire day before I deleted it after I found an issue or two. I'll report back in a bit and see how it did.

Last edited:
ICRT (and SDRT) are a group of people which share their work together to improve their visibility and popularity.

They started from talented and popular people (whether it be for liveries, pictures or decals), but now I do agree that some of their work doesn’t met the initial standards they were looking for.

I was contacted to join them but I declined. @Azabear6 is a member of ICRT, maybe he can tell us more about the requirements to be in...

To be fair I don't think people have enough time to wax lyrical about stuff that goes up in galleries..... I'm happy to get likes and it's even nicer when someone takes the time and effort to drop a quick comment (however obscure :lol: ).
I have a number of "followers' (never solicited them, and sure they follow so I'll follow back, which I always do!) and I try to comment on their stuff when I can..... but it's not easy.
I rarely open the Activity Feed..... it's just full of reposted stuff, very rarely posters own work.

Those usually get a ♥ from me to give them my sign of approval :D

To be fair I don't think people have enough time to wax lyrical about stuff that goes up in galleries..... I'm happy to get likes and it's even nicer when someone takes the time and effort to drop a quick comment (however obscure :lol: ).
I have a number of "followers' (never solicited them, and sure they follow so I'll follow back, which I always do!) and I try to comment on their stuff when I can..... but it's not easy.
I rarely open the Activity Feed..... it's just full of reposted stuff, very rarely posters own work.
I had to unfollow someone because of mass reposting.

The results of my social experiment are in:

I let my "ICRT" Mazda sit overnight to see what kind of traction it got over my original post that went up around the same time (within an hour). The "ICRT" statistics are on the left while the correctly labeled version is on the right.

upload_2019-9-7_12-23-13.pngupload_2019-9-7_12-24-18.png

5 likes to 11 likes, 0 comments to 7 comments, 0 reposts to 5 reposts. I also gained 5 followers overnight out of nowhere. I wasn't gaining any at all on a regular basis before posting this.

So, what I can draw from this is that indeed the ICRT tag will draw certain people to your stuff who otherwise wouldn't care for it whatsoever. Despite the over 50% increase in likes my livery got, I find the kind of people commenting on the livery to be more interesting...

The amount of followers each one of these players has is in red beside their name, rounded to the nearest thousand. Enjoy my terrible handwriting.

upload_2019-9-7_12-30-39.png
upload_2019-9-7_12-32-25.png

So, not a single person with less than 1000 followers commented on my livery, and there were 7 comments and 5 reposts. My properly labeled livery got no comments or reposts. So, a 700% increase in comments and a 500% increase in reposts.

The one thing all of these players had in common is they used ICRT on nearly every one of their posts despite some being Japanese, some being European etc. I wonder if they just sit around all day waiting for people to use the tag so they can go in and shower stuff with comments and likes.

Now, does this prove anything? No, not really. I just like statistics and it was just an interesting thing that happened, seeing all these big players suddenly care about your stuff for using four letters that most players don't understand. Are they here to lift me up? Are they here for themselves to self-advertise? I'm not sure.

(I have since deleted the "ICRT" Mazda. The other one is still available for anyone who is interested.)

Last edited:
Please check my gallery ;)
I did - very nice, I particularly liked your Gulf McLaren - looks good to me

The results of my social experiment are in:

I let my "ICRT" Mazda sit overnight to see what kind of traction it got over my original post that went up around the same time (within an hour). The "ICRT" statistics are on the left while the correctly labeled version is on the right.

View attachment 849090View attachment 849091

5 likes to 11 likes, 0 comments to 7 comments, 0 reposts to 5 reposts. I also gained 5 followers overnight out of nowhere. I wasn't gaining any at all on a regular basis before posting this.

(I have since deleted the "ICRT" Mazda. The other one is still available for anyone who is interested.)

Interesting, however I would say that at least 4 of those who commented are prolific in showing interest in other people's galleries. I have played around with various strategies to build interest in my own gallery (so shallow I know - but there was also a little bit of intrigue on my part as to what achieved community interest and what didn't). I also genuinely enjoy looking at the content others share, and usually the very best get the highest profile. There are absolutely brilliant creative artists who showcase their artwork. But as you've noticed, several very good uploads become invisible, whilst some mediocre efforts get loads of likes.

Your gallery is nice, I especially like your Vernee/Petronas McLaren - nice job

EDIT. Searched for the tags sdrt and icrt and looked over the last few pages. Some strange number of likes for liveries that I couldn't see why they were so popular. A few that didn't get the number of likes that the quality of the livery probably deserved. (Based on my expectations for the kind of number I am lucky enough to get for my fairly okay-ish output).

Generally there seemed to be a kind of consistent range of likes for these ICRT and SDRT tags. Those liveries which have gained very high numbers of likes were usually pretty good, and by creators who show lots of interests in other people's galleries. In other words, I didn't see very much that suggested that adding ICRT as a tag would make a significant difference.

There can be some very strange results, there were several Renault Clio V6 liveries not so long ago, that looked a little simple and plain that received hundreds of likes each. In these circumstances, I wonder if they have loads of friends on GTS, or are ridiculously active, or whether others really do like those designs?

Last edited:
As an ICRT member I'll do my best to clarify a few things. Firstly its an in game community of decal and livery creators and an awesome bunch of guys and girls who support each other and offer avenues of help much like the forums here. You don't join you get asked if you would like too. The tag is simply so community members can easily locate and support each others work. The community is very small approx 100 members so being a memeber doesn't garantee 1000s of likes. What they do do is activety support each other and their followers also. Additionally they do seek and identify quality work and show recognition of this by liking and support your work. Probably why Cytoria was asked . Being a member does not garantee a huge following. I had over 5000 before being asked as a member some have far less. They will support you if your a member or not. To say some designs are average is a bit unfair. We all at times do basic liveries cause we want to and not every design is a mona lisa. Unfortunately the GTSport community is very much geared towards the more support you give the more you get back and this does at times result in basic liveries getting thousands (just check the most popular livery list most which are not ICRT) and some truely amazing work going unrecognized.

Last edited:
Not sure what your point is sorry. I dont mind a blacked out muscle car and think its cool. Nothing wrong with that. Is it a hard livery, by all means no could be done in two minutes. Sure all of us have slapped a set of wheels on a road car and painted our fav colour, well I have. This car alone would not get you in. Its great singling out one design then labelling all with the same brush. As I already said the fact is, unfortunately the community is geared towards the more support you give the more you get back. Not uncommon with games with community aspects. Might be too obvious but the fact this individual has nearly 36000 followers may have contributed just a little bit.

Latest Posts

Back