• 44 comments

Numer0bis

in love with VTEC
Premium
Switzerland
Switzerland, EU
Numer0bis
Hello everybody

Tonight I was cruising with my newly bought Ferrari F430 on fuji when suddenly a really bad graphic glitch occured. I don't know what caused the glitch but it's really a weird one. After a ps3 reboot everything was ok again *puuuh*.
I've never had problems like this before with any game (GT HD, nor the GT5p demo). Would be cool if someone who had the same glitch knows a solution to this problem. I've attached two screenshots and because I am not sure that you can actually can see the glitch on the small youtube movie I uploaded the HD version on rapidshare too. (50mb only)

http://rapidshare.com/files/80583735/gt5p_graphic_glitches.mp4

I've seen it in PC games, but thats weird for a console. Just curious if it is heat related...is you PS3 in a well ventilated area?

That's god helping you drive :ouch:

well I was holding the camera the same time doing some acrobating on the g25 ;-) so bear with my driving I usually drive much better :D

I've seen it in PC games, but thats weird for a console. Just curious if it is heat related...is you PS3 in a well ventilated area?
My Ps3 is in a very good ventilated area so I can't imagine a heat issue

well I was holding the camera the same time doing some acrobating on the g25 ;-) so bear with my driving I usually drive much better :D

Nah, what I meant that this beam-thing comes from god directly to your hands. Bad joke I guess :crazy:

Nah, what I meant that this beam-thing comes from god directly to your hands. Bad joke I guess :crazy:

ahh sorry my missunderstanding :indiff::indiff::indiff:, but it really looks like some beam - thing. PS3 takes over the steering :). It's not happy with my driving *gg*

I had the same thing happen to me with the Daihatsu Copen, I was wondering if anyone else would get it.

I reset the track and car (Eiger) but it still happened, so I put the car on a different track it stopped, then went back to Eiger and havent seen it happen since.

I don't see how video output method and blu-ray / download version would make it do that. I think it's just a driver problem or something like that.

game its only a demo.. still has lots to work on for full release .. hmm god helping you drive.. ahah that killed me

I don't see how video output method and blu-ray / download version would make it do that. I think it's just a driver problem or something like that.

The download / blu-ray version should not be fundamental different. However the different video output methods can effect a games performance. Just ask anybody playing Pro Evo using the standard composite cable (I think they have since released a patch though).

I run HDMI and have never seen the glitch before.

MGR
The download / blu-ray version should not be fundamental different. However the different video output methods can effect a games performance. Just ask anybody playing Pro Evo using the standard composite cable (I think they have since released a patch though).

I run HDMI and have never seen the glitch before.

What happens on Pro Evo? Maybe I'm wrong then :)

What happens on Pro Evo? Maybe I'm wrong then :)

Glitchy gameplay and framerate issues. But only when playing in 'low-def' mode :eek: - ie using the composite cable. Playing in HD worked fine.

Not saying that the video output is definitely the cause, but it may have something to do with it. Whatever it is it's still a bug with the game, so all you can do is try to narrow down the possible causes and minimise the problem wherever you can.

This happened to me with GRAW2, once the ground didnt load when the helicopter landed and I feel into an abbiss! Had to restart the level, nothing major!

Robin

This has happened to me a couple of times but on a much smaller scale. Sometimes just a couple of frames show me that exact glitch, but then goes away again.

happened to me too but only once during the London course. after i quit to menu and restart again it's gone and never seen it again. guess it did happen to others too.

I've had this too, took some pictures when it happened. It was the same glitch with the drivers left hand and following all around the track and flashing repeatedly, something to do with lightsource maybe? It was also in the replay and the next race so I just quit the game and re-started my PS3 and haven't seen it since. It happened about 6 weeks ago and I remember it was under a heavy play session. I have the Bluray and run HDMI on a w3000 1080p HDTV.
fault4td6.jpg

fault7ey5.jpg

I had a similar problem with all my ps3 games including gt5p..
I did a full system restore and ever since it seemed to have fixed the problem on all games..I guess it was just my ps3 might of been bugged or something.

Back