Were is the snow and rain tracks???

polyphony digital has given us two years now a naked game. without many cars without loyalists. without serious career. it's been nearly two years and it's time to ask. What are the rain? tracks were is the snow? the snow and rain tires, what did they say? so difficult it is to make a track with rain and another with snow; mercy, that's how much money it takes and we are kidding with some updates of the bull so long! it is supposedly a serious Japanese company that do not do that! yes supposed !!!

I highly doubt we're getting rain and snow weather effects at this point. PD seems already shift to their next project. I don't think it's difficult for them to create weather effects given the fact that they managed to do it on the PS3. They're probably having trouble implementing it on PS4 without having huge performance/framerate issues.

If I'm not mistaken, one of the challenges hs a wet track. More of a glimpse of how wet weather works.

Though we do miss the rain in the games. But we'll never know what surprises we could expect.

Maybe rain and snow just doesn't work with the physics engine in GT Sport, usually racing games with rain have it built into the game from the beginning and not added later. I'd say due to there being a choice of wet and intermediate tyres that it was planned at some point but dropped either due to time constraints or since its not been added post launch it just didn't work well enough.

Guys, interview with Kaz from 2018: NOT coming on PS4, frame rates too low for PD‘s liking. Period.

New console, new title, new chance.

Want rain? Play a different simcade.
In which interview did Kazonuri say that the promised rain don't will be implemented finally in GT sport ?

You have a link to that interview?

polyphony digital has given us two years now a naked game. without many cars without loyalists. without serious career. it's been nearly two years and it's time to ask. What are the rain? tracks were is the snow? the snow and rain tires, what did they say? so difficult it is to make a track with rain and another with snow; mercy, that's how much money it takes and we are kidding with some updates of the bull so long! it is supposedly a serious Japanese company that do not do that! yes supposed !!!
Play Goodwood in Sport Mode today and tell me if you need that track with rain and snow :P

I dont even think Snow and Rain are needed at this point. Maybe PS5.

In which interview did Kazonuri say that the promised rain don't will be implemented finally in GT sport ?

You have a link to that interview?

Here is a link to one of the dozens of threats this has been „discussed“ in during the last two years:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/rain-confirmed-more-cars-and-tracks-coming-soon.377254/

In the mentioned „last Interview in that regard“ Kaz mentions STATIC wet conditions and STATIC night, not with one word does he confirm or even contemplate DYNAMIC weather. We do agree there’s a difference between a wet track and rain, don’t we? And how many static wet and dark conditions do we have in the game? Or gotten after the launch?

Face it, there’s only a handful of people still working on the current GTS, the vast majority is working on the next title. Those few souls have a hard enough time to get the daily races, FIA and the mileage store „right“... actually they suck at it.

With that said, again: If you want dynamic weather and time, play a different game until the new title drops.

People can barely keep it clean on a dry track and you want snow?! :D

LOL, agree!!

So no proof then.

Also:
In the mentioned „last Interview in that regard“ Kaz mentions STATIC wet conditions and STATIC night, not with one word does he confirm or even contemplate DYNAMIC weather. We do agree there’s a difference between a wet track and rain, don’t we? And how many static wet and dark conditions do we have in the game? Or gotten after the launch?
Being static or dynamic is irrelevant. The premise is that the rain weather exists and playable (outside the special events).

All I can say is don't presume too much. GT6 for example got course maker +2 years after launch. So what's so different with GTSport got rain years after.

So no proof then.

Also:

Being static or dynamic is irrelevant. The premise is that the rain weather exists and playable (outside the special events).

All I can say is don't presume too much. GT6 for example got course maker +2 years after launch. So what's so different with GTSport got rain years after.

Dude, you can read, right? In that thread an interview with Kaz by a German Play mag is mentioned and translated. Is that more or less proof than if GT Planet interviews him?

May 2016 he said „No dynamic weather and daytime in GTS“, well before launch, 2017 he promises wet conditions and night, 2018 he repeated what he said 2016.

That they can in principle do wet conditions, even rain is known since pre-release, and some of the Rally missions are on wet surface. Still, we don’t see much of it elsewhere. IF they introduced rain or wet conditions in races, 95+% of the people couldn’t handle the physics. People can hardly drive a straight line in dry conditions. So why introduce something for a small minority at the cost of framerate and with cost and time of development? I don’t see it.

Last edited:
May 2016 he said „No dynamic weather and daytime in GTS“, well before launch, 2017 he promises wet conditions and night, 2018 he repeated what he said 2016.
Try to read that sentence slowly.

Might as well call GTS has no time change because it's not dynamic.

There's also no indication straight from Kaz or PD that the night and wet promise got canceled.

Dude, you can read, right? In that thread an interview with Kaz by a German Play mag is mentioned and translated. Is that more or less proof than if GT Planet interviews him?

That they can in principle do wet conditions, even rain is known since pre-release, and some of the Rally missions are on wet surface. Still, we don’t see much of it elsewhere. IF they introduced rain or wet conditions in races, 95+% of the people couldn’t handle the physics. People can hardly drive a straight line in dry conditions. So why introduce something for a small minority at the cost of framerate and with cost and time of development? I don’t see it.

Kaz never promised Dynamic climatology.

But did promise fixed ones...just like in Forza Motorsport 6,so it's still possible

Some can’t drive in the dry without throwing rain and snow into the mix.

Some can't even warm up tyres in other Sims in the outlap.:lol:

But some races in real live are in rain/snow.
So,just let us the option to do races in wet if we want so.
But everyone knows that most "promises" form PD ends in nothing

In GT Sport... :):):)

images

Whenever they do finally implement rain, I hope they get the detail down to each real world track's drainage and flooding issues. It was interesting to watch parts of the live 24H Nurburgring and to see how drivers coped with hazardous sections of the track.

Maybe rain and snow just doesn't work with the physics engine in GT Sport, usually racing games with rain have it built into the game from the beginning and not added later. I'd say due to there being a choice of wet and intermediate tyres that it was planned at some point but dropped either due to time constraints or since its not been added post launch it just didn't work well enough.

There is a one track with a rain weather in the game. But I think PD can't implement it on more demanding tracks like Nurburgring.

There is a one track with a rain weather in the game. But I think PD can't implement it on more demanding tracks like Nurburgring.

Would barely call that a track, it's 0.2 miles long in the middle of Northern Isle Speedway and can't be used anywhere else apart from the one mission challenge with one car on it as far as I'm aware. But yeah, pretty much shows the intention was there to have rain in the game. If it's a hardware issue then PD maybe need to think about the actual game instead of the polygon count of the cars and tracks.

I just don't understand how backwards compatibility with Sport will work if weather is only functioning on the PS5.
It will work because rain is not in the game whatsoever. It being on the PS5 isn't going to change the game that we've already had for a long time. Not sure why it being backwards compatible would change anything.

It will work because rain is not in the game whatsoever. It being on the PS5 isn't going to change the game that we've already had for a long time. Not sure why it being backwards compatible would change anything.

I think he’s confusing backwards compatibility and cross console support.

In all likelihood, PS4 and PS5 users won’t be able to race each other. Problem solved.

We don't know what will be in the next GT game because it isn't out yet. I referred to Sport as in "sport mode" which appears to be their nomenclature for their online game mode, similar to GTA Online versus GTA 5. It's fairly obvious that Sport mode will exist now as a component of future releases.

I think he’s confusing backwards compatibility and cross console support.

In all likelihood, PS4 and PS5 users won’t be able to race each other. Problem solved.

Cross compatibility is being touted as a way of preserving a player base. Having two different online environments from GT Sport and GT7 would divide the player base too much. Whatever solution they choose, they have to find a way to retain the online user base while gradually segueing people onto their new retail release. My initial question is simply me wondering how they'll navigate that difference if they want to include weather.

Sure, they could just split the online user base but all of the rumors of cross and backwards compatibility have alluded to a more nuanced solution.

We don't know what will be in the next GT game because it isn't out yet
I'm not talking about the next game. No one is.

I referred to Sport as in "sport mode" which appears to be their nomenclature for their online game mode
Which is also the direct title of the current game. You probably should have made that a bit more clearer. Not only that, but no one knows if "Sport" is part of the next game, because like you said, it isn't out yet, so no one would have made that connection.

It's fairly obvious that Sport mode will exist now as a component of future releases.
No, it's just a guess, really. We should just go off what we know, which currently is nothing.
Cross compatibility is being touted as a way of preserving a player base. Having two different online environments from GT Sport and GT7 would divide the player base too much
Yes, that's usually what new games do, have two different online environments. No new iterations from a game allow you to connect to players from the past game. You've basically confirmed what @ARTAsean was saying.

Cross-console compatibility is a connection between 2 or more completely different consoles - Like Xbox and PS4. It like can mean connecting to servers from past games, but it's usually used to describe connection between multiple consoles from PC, Switch, Xbox, or PS.

Backwards Compatibility is being able to play prior-generation games on the new/current generation.

My initial question is simply me wondering how they'll navigate that difference if they want to include weather.
That was answered. The game being backwards compatible isn't going to change anything about the game that wasn't already there in the first place. What is going to happen is you're going to be playing the game on the PS5, as if it was just a PS4(Pro, most likely.)

Back