Wet Weather Glitch in GT Sport Allows Rain on Any Track

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by FaithlessEmo, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Racer93

Racer93

Yes, it's raining on all tracks despite the sunny weather. Also rain drops on windshield, water spray behind cars, wipers working, tracks with less grip. Basically only the appropriate lighting and rain clouds are missing, and the tracks still look dry (except for Tokyo South and Northern Isle).

Corsa likes this.
  2. owoc12

owoc12

I suggest checking out suzuka because there was rain on honda vgt trailer so maybe its in the game

Auto motors likes this.
  3. Racer93

Racer93

Suzuka is in the same state as all other tracks, only Tokyo South and Northern Isle look a bit more ready.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  4. GordonS

GordonS

Yep. The bug goes live with all the official rain tracks.

5. tofuhero

tofuhero

I would be much more excited by a night glitch on every track, which seems like the only way we'd get proper night racing on Spa and La Sarthe that those 24h endurance circuits deserve.

KepleroGT likes this.
  6. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Basically whats in store for the future.

But man we really need Spa, Monza and Lemans in night time!!

7. Wytor Leal

Wytor Leal

Do you guys remember what i said about the Tokyo Expressway South layouts and the video i posted? well, i think i found something cool in the Gran Turismo website, i was looking at the track list and noticed that Tokyo Expressway south had the "Rain Conditions" text on it, if you check the other tracks, only the ones with rain have this text, i guess the rain will come to this track sooner than we think
    https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gtsport/tracklist/
    1572927560231.png 1572927854270.png

Attached Files:

8. Betty blue

Betty blue

If it's there in a bug, I wonder how hard to implement the rain whether conditions in all track!

9. RacingFan1

RacingFan1

Actually it works not only doing it with Spa at 11:00, but also using any official track with rain, in any of the rain hours.

The thing that probably takes more work is to implement wet surfaces everywhere

10. VBR

VBR Premium

GT5 had the same glitch for user-created online lobbies. I remember as host doing it on Daytona Road & having a nice Shuffle race in the wet, it was a lot of fun.

11. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

do u have a photo of this

12. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Thing is that was a trailer, which always uses higher quality assets so it's not automatically an indicator that it's in-game presently (Remember Seattle from the NSX trailer years ago?) As mentioned earlier (and as I can attest to having done the glitch), it's literally in the same state as all the other tracks in game without official wet conditions.

ProjectF likes this.
  13. RacingFan1

RacingFan1

There is scheduled maintenance for tomorrow and possibly patch for this so this may be the last day we can enjoy rain everywhere. Hurry up

14. TK79

TK79

It's been patched unfortunately.

FaithlessEmo and Cerebral303 like this.
  15. Keith2324

Keith2324

You just can't have nice things. :lol:

16. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

No playing in the rain until we say!

FaithlessEmo and Leo Thorne like this.
  17. AKbizzy

AKbizzy

how quickly they fixed it, but they can’t fix the subaru wrx lod since release[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. darth_tails

darth_tails

Well I know I'll be the small minority but I never tried the glitch for the sole purpose that I didn't want to!

Was more than happy to wait for the official wet weather track version to be added to the game so part of me is happy it was addressed
    quickly though one of my friends feels otherwise but please PD accelerate the introduction of wet weather on tracks you want to have it
    so we can have more race weather choices!

19. GordonS

GordonS

Wonder when I'll see you again.. So one more time a broad view of the glitch fixed with the latest patch.

Vspectra and JoueurGT like this.
  20. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

While I can understand the disappointment, I'm both not surprised and not all that bothered. I got to know that they have rain working for all the circuits and we basically got a slightly unpolished preview of the Tokyo Expressway South Loops in the wet (which effectively takes away any surprise for the next track to get the full wet treatment, hence the removal I suppose), but I'm looking forward to being able to do this without having to go online to experience it.

I'm just more intrigued after that experience because it tells me the rain is way further along then I expected and its now just a matter of properly texturing the tracks and polishing them for release (because leaky tunnels don't look right).

JEverettL and sirjim73 like this.
  21. OnyxMoneytron

OnyxMoneytron Premium

We’ll never see the wet ovals again even though Northern Isle had all the textures.

FaithlessEmo likes this.