Whar's with these stupid intro's and outro's?

• Thread starter mytton
  • 64 comments
I'm shocked at how ridiculous so many of them are.

I'm saying it's how people use it that makes my stomach seem to turn.

There's a lot of stupid people. There's a lot of stupid people on the internets. You only have to listen to the utter crap spouted, usually by kids too young to have legally bought the game, in a MW2 lobby.

It's frankly amazing they find the mental ability required to even turn a PS3 on.

It's standard for one of three reasons - they didn't want to change it (unimaginative), they didn't change it (lazy) or they didn't know they could change it (ill informed).

See how easy it is to apply insulting labels to people for relatively innocuous acts?

The 4th reason is that they don't give a flying 🤬 about what inane message pops up when they are online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whar? What is it good for? Anyway... Mine is "The Ace Man has arrived"... "Me Winned" and "I just left".

The ones that piss me off are the ones who come in a room with "x Tuning is the best" then after you completely blow their doors off, they leave and it says "I'm too quick for you!"..............REALLY!? After I just owned you by 20 car lengths?? :rolleyes:

The best one I've seen around is, "Tell Your Mum To Stop Textin Me" on an exit message.....cracks me up everytime I see it. 👍

The funniest thing is the OP complaining about people leaving all these messages all the time, saying they are idiotic or whatever, and didn't even notice he was doing the same damn thing the entire time. I'm not the most observant person on the planet but I noticed that the first online race in GT5.

Well that makes more sense, but truly everyone does it thinking that they have this awesome catch phrase
It's not at all clever and just makes you look bad...
Not everyone. Mine entry message simply says 'Hi all', and my exit message simply says 'Thanks for the racing'

Not witty, not awesome. Just friendly and polite :)

My intro is FRESH EL CAMINO ROLLIN KILO G which is socially neutral but aggressive, and also random. But it works with my driver's pose.

I think it's funny people that don't understand GT5's censorship program their intros/outros are censored out completely.

One of the GTP staff has "I win, suckers!" as his victory message. Unfortunately, GT5 doesn't like "suck", so it reads "I win, ****ers!", which looks a lot ruder :lol:

Great example of inappropriate censorship right there.

Just imagine if there was customisation on the cars, online would be awash with phallic symbols and other slightly amusing decals.

mytton
They're the most idiotic things, whenever people enter an online room they always seem to have this pathetic catch phrase that they immediately write up, then when the exit there's an outro as well.

They are not at all clever, I don't know how some people think they're even witty. Sure, it is a way for someone to recognize better if they ever raced with you, but it really just makes you look like an idiot.

I love mine it's hilarious, intact I can't drive properly because it's so funny, it says clench your cheeks I'm here! It always makes everyone's day, and a happy life is a forfilling life. If you can't think of a good one I'll help you out just drop me a pm ;

Well clearly not every one, but all the ones I come across have been (as far as I've noticed at least). I just don't understand how people think what they're writing is good idea and the reason I comment on it is because in my experience there are so many people that do so , although now that I know they're not actively doing it each time it makes a bit more sense.

Remember you're doing it automatically too. Even if you leave it blank it just uses the default 'Nice to meet you' and similar when you leave.

Whenever any game has an aspect of customization to let players be individual, people will always be annoyed/offended.

e.g - The ability to make rude emblem pictures in Call of Duty Black Ops.

Customization has the ability to "work" or "not work" , and it just seems unfortunate that with most people you have come across, you have not liked their messages :indiff: .

I swear I must of raced you before

Could be, but but doubt if I won, I sorta suck online. Actually, it's not me, it's all the crazyness at the starts that usually get me. I always seem to get collected in the BS at race start and inevitably place last, or close to. Clean race starts are so hard to come by.

Hah, some of these are actually quite good and either they're just too rarely seen on GT5 or I always get unlucky. Anyway, as I said before, I was never complaining about the ability to customize this aspect, I was just venting about how sad some of the things (too many of the things in my case, hence the venting) that people come up with are thinking they're brilliant. This is cool seeing all the actually clever things people have to say though.

Hah, some of these are actually quite good and either they're just too rarely seen on GT5 or I always get unlucky. Anyway, as I said before, I was never complaining about the ability to customize this aspect, I was just venting about how sad some of the things (too many of the things in my case, hence the venting) that people come up with are thinking they're brilliant. This is cool seeing all the actually clever things people have to say though.

Plenty more in this thread. ;)

They're the most idiotic things, whenever people enter an online room they always seem to have this pathetic catch phrase that they immediately write up, then when the exit there's an outro as well.

They are not at all clever, I don't know how some people think they're even witty. Sure, it is a way for someone to recognize better if they ever raced with you, but it really just makes you look like an idiot.

and the winner of most boring person on GT5......

YOU

how do you change them btw? don't remember having the option

Click on the settings cog on the far left of your GT Life screen. There is an option in there to personalise/customise greetings (or messages. Something along those lines)

Intro: "yo"
Win: "..He's called the Stig"
Outro: "And on that bombshell, G'night!"

Back