What about rally?

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 66 comments
United States
United States
Alex_Mac_
One of the beauties of Gran Turismo is that it can appeal to so many different interests. Race cars, street cars, drifting, they all get good representations. But what about Rally? It's my most played section of the game and there are good numbers of us out there in the rally community. In past GT games Rally has had a good presence but it seems like since GT5 it has been a bit under represented. Are there any plans to expand rallying in GT6 with new cars/tracks, upgrading cars to premium (cough cough Group B), or bringing back rally tracks from past installments?

Last edited:
More Rally events would be awesome as it is great fun.....way too under-represented in GT6. At least in 5, there were a few events (the rally Special events section and also the Sebastien Loeb section) and I remember there being quite a few in 4. @Johnnypenso has a point about the question though and might be good to reword it (or at least remove the cough cough bit) as Kaz may assume that the whole question is not really serious...just a thought

I think they're waiting for the course maker to come out since that was central to the rally events in GT5.

True. They need to get on with that.

I think that course maker needs to be improved on a lot for rally too. None of the locations feel like rally, need to add a lot more scenery and such to make them feel like a really world rally stage. I think that's gonna need a major revamp too.

I think that course maker needs to be improved on a lot for rally too. None of the locations feel like rally, need to add a lot more scenery and such to make them feel like a really world rally stage. I think that's gonna need a major revamp too.
Yeah i hope its really in depth but still has the auto-generating features too. I also REALLY hope they permit varying terrains. Its what makes the eiger track for me.

I think it would be the best to quit rally in GT games, cuz every year they are less and less. Whats like?
3 races in whole GT6 just rally!!!!!! its too little. So the best would be to remove it from future games, cuz with each GT game its less and less.
GT3,4 were really great with rally and thats about it unfortunatley.
Or bring back the old rally tracks to GT6...

I think it would be the best to quit rally in GT games, cuz every year they are less and less. Whats like?
3 races in whole GT6 just rally!!!!!! its too little. So the best would be to remove it from future games, cuz with each GT game its less and less.
GT3,4 were really great with rally and thats about it unfortunatley.
Or bring back the old rally tracks to GT6...
Well that doesn't make any sense, why would you just drop it when there is still a good community of people out there who enjoy rally? Taking away content was never an idea that made sense to me. Yes I think that bringing by old tracks is really what has to be done.

Yeah i hope its really in depth but still has the auto-generating features too. I also REALLY hope they permit varying terrains. Its what makes the eiger track for me.
I agree 100%, more varying terrain locations are needed. I would like to see them add a Monte Carlo fictional rally location and make it like 60% dirt, 40% tarmac. I love jumping over the train tracks at Eiger, I hope we can get a lot more crests and jumps on new tracks cus that's obviously such a major and constant part of every rally stage.

To be honest I can't see them creating proper WRC-style stages for a while, if ever. It'd be great if they did though.

To be fair the Grand Canyon course on GT4 wasn't a million miles off, in terms of tightness of circuit and proximity of crowd.

To be honest I can't see them creating proper WRC-style stages for a while, if ever. It'd be great if they did though.

To be fair the Grand Canyon course on GT4 wasn't a million miles off, in terms of tightness of circuit and proximity of crowd.
I think Grand Canyon was the perfect rally course and that's what I'm honestly hoping for. I for sure don't expect WRC style stages, just to make it a bit more Grand Canyon like, and I'd love to see that track make a return.

We definitely need more rally. Point to point special stage rally championships specifically. There's a lot of great cars but when can we not use more?

I'm kind of tired of going around and around a dirt road course as much as it's fun it just bothers me for some reason...that's just not how it's done haha

I think they're waiting for the course maker to come out since that was central to the rally events in GT5.
This is entirely possible, as there aren't any point to point courses in GT6. I'd think porting the locations from GT5 would work, but maybe it's not possible without the Course Maker. Yet another reason for them to burn that midnight oil and see if they can get it finished soon. Better lighting for night events would be helpful too. :P

Even after tooting around in Dirt 3, apparently the best current Rally game, I much prefer the Rallying in GT5 and 6 - especially 5, so I'm quite anxious to see the Rally section of GT6 expanded.

This is entirely possible, as there aren't any point to point courses in GT6. I'd think porting the locations from GT5 would work, but maybe it's not possible without the Course Maker. Yet another reason for them to burn that midnight oil and see if they can get it finished soon. Better lighting for night events would be helpful too. :P

Even after tooting around in Dirt 3, apparently the best current Rally game, I much prefer the Rallying in GT5 and 6 - especially 5, so I'm quite anxious to see the Rally section of GT6 expanded.
I agree, you feel the road a lot more than in dirt 3.

I love dirt but GT is tops for me

Well I'm all for an expanded rally presence as I love rally and feel its always been very underrepresented in all GT games but have never considered the physics particularly realistic. Just GT rain physics with the sound of gravel added. Would take DiRT over GT everytime for rally.

GT has got the car physics behind it to be so much better than all the other Arcade style rally game currently on offer.
Not since Richard Burns Rally has there been a properly handling Rally Game.
GT has done well since GT4 in implementing dirt events in a rally-x style, although with insanely wide tracks on most occasions and with no consequences for going off-track. you could just drive flat out at a "wall" and get around the tracks.
I realise that GT requires invisible walls bordering the tracks, but even with a line of separate "objects" placed within the walls just off the edge of the tracks would provide some much needed realism and consequences to your driving.

Personally I love point to point tracks, and there are a LOT of great sections of road throughout the game that I'm sure could be modified with a gravel surface layer and off-track objects.
As simple as say taking the first 5km or the Nurburgring as it is, drop a gravel surface on it and change the background/ off-track renderings to look like somewhere different.
or mix n match/ stich parts of tracks to each other.
The data is there in the game, it just nees to be chopped up, thrown in a blender and put back together.

GT has got the car physics behind it to be so much better than all the other Arcade style rally game currently on offer.
Not since Richard Burns Rally has there been a properly handling Rally Game.
GT has done well since GT4 in implementing dirt events in a rally-x style, although with insanely wide tracks on most occasions and with no consequences for going off-track. you could just drive flat out at a "wall" and get around the tracks.
I realise that GT requires invisible walls bordering the tracks, but even with a line of separate "objects" placed within the walls just off the edge of the tracks would provide some much needed realism and consequences to your driving.

Personally I love point to point tracks, and there are a LOT of great sections of road throughout the game that I'm sure could be modified with a gravel surface layer and off-track objects.
As simple as say taking the first 5km or the Nurburgring as it is, drop a gravel surface on it and change the background/ off-track renderings to look like somewhere different.
or mix n match/ stich parts of tracks to each other.
The data is there in the game, it just nees to be chopped up, thrown in a blender and put back together.
The other problem with those wide and forgiving tracks was that the environments were completely empty. I certainly never felt like I was zipping through a forest, which might be the most defining sensation of rallying.

Back