I played GT3 yesterday and it reminded me of why i used to love Gran Turismo! The AI was pushing the cars to the absolute limit in some of the races i entered. None of this jerky movement, just fast and flowing. Even though there was only 6 cars in the races it was far more competitive and it was nice to see AI making mistakes and overtaking one another. Also they even made pit stops...... Where did it all go wrong![]()
Only in a BRM P115 -
GPL- - John Surtees - The AI driver everyone feared.
That challenge was a breeze. I was ahead of the dude the whole time so he couldn't PIT meWorst AI.
Did a few races against this German chap... S.Vettel in the Red Bull Fan car... dear me. He cut corners like they were emo kids worshipping the Beiber. And Bashing into you like it was a Taxi in Paris rather than a piece of delicate piece of bleeding edge of adhesion technology.
Yes S Vettel is the worst
They do make mistakes ... as they do sometimes crash in to each other I saw it happen on Twin Ring Motegi ...Another thing about the A.I. that drives me insane is the fact that they don't make mistakes (at least not that I have noticed). Unlike humans, they don't accidentally give it too much gas coming out of a corner and spin or fishtail, they don't screw`up their line and lose time, and they certainly don't drive in an "intelligent" manner!
The fact they wait for you instead of putting in consistent laps. First few laps I can barely keep up with them (unless I tune the car close to the max PP), the final two laps I can spin out twice and still breeze by the whole pack.
This is the most annoying one:
Even when I know that they do that and try to avoid it, I still end up hitting them. Sometimes it feels like they do it just to annoy you, even when they don't need to brake.
- They have super brakes, which WILL result in you bumping into them even if you try not to.
Agreed i try not to bump them but its hard not to...
This is by far the worst. You can't even use the Arcade mode for some nice long races. Instead of letting you fight they will slow down every freaking time so you can reach them 2-3 laps before the end. Why have the option of professional AI (or whatever the highest setting is called) and max aggressiveness when they still slow down? Doesn't PD think that I might actually want a race where I need to fight hard to win when I select the max difficulty? I don't even bother with the Arcade mode anymore and the career races are just too short (and too easy) to keep me doing them. Thanks to the AI the whole offline part of GT is boring as fudge.
With GT3 you actually didn't have to downgrade your car too much to have a good battle, even on stock they gave you a run for your money if i remember right. Still the best and most impressive GT to date part 3 (but that's another discussion) 👍I played GT3 yesterday and it reminded me of why i used to love Gran Turismo! The AI was pushing the cars to the absolute limit in some of the races i entered. None of this jerky movement, just fast and flowing. Even though there was only 6 cars in the races it was far more competitive and it was nice to see AI making mistakes and overtaking one another. Also they even made pit stops...... Where did it all go wrong![]()