what about worship music?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter summit
  • 23 comments
  • 835 views

summit

(Banned)
Messages
25
I think there are many good stuff!though M not a Christian:) :)
 
Pretty boring if you ask me.
 
Anyone ever seen the episode of South Park where Cartman forms the Christian rock band Faith +1? I think it pretty much sums up christian rock, replace 'baby' with 'Jesus' and you've formed a whole new genre.
 
Ever seen a concert from one of those groups? They look like cult gatherings. Everyone's waving their hands in the air, with their eyes closed. Is there anything stopping someone from nabbing someone else's purse or wallet? No.
 
i mean some of them,like Third Day!
 
You know, its all not like South Park dude, if you think that sums up a genre of music, you're an idiot ! I have been on many bands, Christian and non and to be honest, most of the "christian" concerts have gone better...I've played everything from Ska to Punk to alternative, and worship music...Even if you don't believe in God, christianity or anything like that, worship music is very powerful, esp. to experience it where peoples lives are touched....there may be many arguments regarding it being a pychological experience, but so what ??? There is a reason why millions of people listen to it, it is uplifting, sometimes that last thing someone needs in their life is someone else *****ing about their own lives in a song...Also some of the most talented writers / musicians are on the Christian / Worship music Genre....the problem is they don;t get the exposure that a secular band / writer / musician would get...
 
Well it may be uplifting to many people, and that's fine with me, but I just have no use at all for the genre as it is just very bland music to my ears.
 
What I found about Worship music is that draw is not to the music itself, but whats behind the music...But like you say, its obviously for everyone.
 
It's obviously for everyone?
 
TwinTurboJay
What I found about Worship music is that draw is not to the music itself, but whats behind the music...

Which is a perverse way to think about music.
 
I hate worship music, grown up in the penticostal church as I am.
 
I cant say that I hate that kind of music but its each to their own I suppose, as long as we dont have it shoved down our throats then its up to us if we listen to it or not.

I dont really mind it as I understand what TwinTurbojay means in his post about peoples lives being touched etc as I was made to go to church until I was old enough to say for myself that I didnt want to go.

I do agree though that a lot of it is psychological and none of it is actual fact.
 
i don't think anybody hate any kind of music,they just don't like it or didn't find how to enjoy it yet.worship is just a way they play their music and may be sometime it's boring because singing about god all the time:) But if you take care about most pop songs are singing about "girls,babies,love..." do you feel that's boring,too?A little boy can sing about love why can't a group of faithful people can't praise their lord by singing?
p.s. M not Christian.
 
Well, I play in my church's "praise team" and it's pretty fun. There's a lot of old people ( I call them "Amies" (amish)) because they hate just about everything new and electronic that's went into the church. This sunday's the youth group sunday, and we've got..I guess you could call them "punk" covers of some worship stuff. It's pretty cool, I have a pretty lengthy solo in one of them. Also, all worship music isn't bad. I've been to a couple concerts with the youth group, and one time the band covered "Where the Streets Have No Name". It was really cool.
 
Check out Relient K or Audio Adreneline. They both incorporate worship into their songs, but they don't overdo it.
 
Check out Falling Up too. Great band. 👍
 
There used to be a Christian hair metal band called Stryper. Between sets they would hurl New Testaments into the audience from a big box on stage.

stryper.jpg
 
neon_duke
There used to be a Christian hair metal band called Stryper. Between sets they would hurl New Testaments into the audience from a big box on stage.

:lol:

I actually listened to them in my teen years. If I recall it right they had a song called To hell with the devil. Oh those bad christian boys...

I mabye was a bit harsh when I previous in the thread simply declared that I hate worship music. True is, it gives me the creeps. It reminds me of a life which gave me serious emotional damage. That's the reason for the comment.
 
Heh, Stryper came to the arena at my college 20 years ago when they looked like that. They had a black-and-yellow 'A-Team' van with their logo. It was almost surreal in its awful tackiness.

I declined to go and saw the Psycedelic Furs instead!
 
neon_duke
I declined to go and saw the Psycedelic Furs instead!

Good choise. Have only heard Pretty in pink though, which anyway is an awesome song.
 
Back