What all new cars do you want to see in GT7?

• Thread starter iMatazzie
  • 2,493 comments
The Delage D12 gt and D12 club coming in 2021
Ferrari sf90 stradale and F8 tributo
Bugatti Chiron Divo and Centodieci
Lamborghini scv12 essenza and Sìan
AMG Project One
Aston Martin Valkyrie
Murray T50
Toyota GR Super Sport
Glickenhaus 007

Last edited:
Toi be honest. I don't like electric cars in video games. Maybe this is beacuse I am used to Manual gearbox and driving car without Gears is really strange for me xD

I agree ! Driving an Hypercar without changing gears is quite tricky especialy at braking but in real life road driving, it is not much different than an all automatic comfort setting.

I'm more bothered by the lack of roarings from the engine :banghead:

I agree ! Driving an Hypercar without changing gears is quite tricky especialy at braking but in real life road driving, it is not much different than an all automatic comfort setting.

I'm more bothered by the lack of roarings from the engine :banghead:

well yes. For everyday car and going for shopping, to work etc Electric is really great. I just think about track driving. It just feels odd for me :D

well yes. For everyday car and going for shopping, to work etc Electric is really great. I just think about track driving. It just feels odd for me :D

I remember I was puzzled by the Jaguar VGT in GT Sport but yet I had a lot of fun with it after a few laps on Spa-Francorchamps.
I think these are brilliant cars in real life like the Rimac, the NIO ep9 or the Pininfarina Battista but yet missing all the charms of an "octane burning" engine with its high revs and gear shiftings. And actually I like better scare poeple with noises in the streets than behaving civilised driving a " Lady shaver " :lol:

I'm still salty we did not get an i8 for GT Sport :irked: :irked:

bmw_16.jpg

Would be, but Forza has the IMSA license so that probably won't happen. :(
Games like the most recent Grid and the Project CARS series have IMSA cars (especially liveries), ranging from GTD/GTLM cars to LMP2’s and Daytona Prototypes.

So it can still somehow happen, it’s still somewhat possible, although their number plates somehow have some form of censorship with sponsors.

I think the reason why Polyphony doesn’t really license that many IMSA cars is likely because they’ll have to pay many race teams to feature their cars, and the limited manpower in scanning them, plus they’ll have to travel back and forth to American race tracks to get reference data. But with Polyphony’s recent outsourcing methods, I hope there won’t be a problem with that.

Apparently, IMSA had a recent strategic partnership with Forza but nothing has been seen with them yet. It doesn’t mean they are fully exclusive to them though. Kind of like the relationship with Porsche and Gran Turismo these days.

In fact, IMSA is one of the race disciplines that I want to see more representation of in Gran Turismo, besides hopefully introducing Formula E and proper DTM in GT7.

Last edited:
In fact, IMSA is one of the race disciplines that I want to see more representation of in Gran Turismo, besides hopefully introducing Formula E and proper DTM in GT7.

And WEC. But to made that happen we not only need cars that represents this race series but also a proper option to set this races. I mean no VGT's in Group 1 and Group C cars with LMP1's and proper GT3's GTE's. Custom race with custom grid or just more specific race classes to set this up. Without that we only have a collection of cars from race series without it's structure.

And WEC. But to made that happen we not only need cars that represents this race series but also a proper option to set this races. I mean no VGT's in Group 1 and Group C cars with LMP1's and proper GT3's GTE's. Custom race with custom grid or just more specific race classes to set this up. Without that we only have a collection of cars from race series without it's structure.
Closest thing you can get to that is if GT7 has a custom championship mode, Assetto Corsa-style, in Arcade Mode, where you get to choose the opponents’ cars (besides all the cars in the game being in Arcade Mode anyhow, and provided we have the cars to do it).

Games like the most recent Grid and the Project CARS series have IMSA cars (especially liveries), ranging from GTD/GTLM cars to LMP2’s and Daytona Prototypes.

So it can still somehow happen, it’s still somewhat possible, although their number plates somehow have some form of censorship with sponsors.

I think the reason why Polyphony doesn’t really license that many IMSA cars is likely because they’ll have to pay many race teams to feature their cars, and the limited manpower in scanning them, plus they’ll have to travel back and forth to American race tracks to get reference data. But with Polyphony’s recent outsourcing methods, I hope there won’t be a problem with that.

Apparently, IMSA had a recent strategic partnership with Forza but nothing has been seen with them yet. It doesn’t mean they are fully exclusive to them though. Kind of like the relationship with Porsche and Gran Turismo these days.

Pretty good points there, its similar F1 cars being exclusive to the F1 game franchise, but manufacturers still can put there cars into games. I hope that happens with some IMSA teams and GT7!

Closest thing you can get to that is if GT7 has a custom championship mode, Assetto Corsa-style, in Arcade Mode, where you get to choose the opponents’ cars (besides all the cars in the game being in Arcade Mode anyhow, and provided we have the cars to do it).

Yeah. This is one thing i really beg for GT7 (and more cars on some of tracks)

Even with only garage cars version it still be usefull (and will be more reason to get all cars)

Seeing as we have:

Porsche 996 GT1 Strabenversion
McLaren F1

I feel like it's only fair to include the CLK-GTR to finish off the 90s holy trinity.

Hopefully GT Sport pulls a NFS and lets us create official versions of cars using the regular as a base. Like how you can make a 1997 Longtail GTR F1 in NFS from a regular 1994 F1.

This + the 'extreme' upgrade category could lead to:

F1 GTR 1996 -> F1 GTR Longtail
911 GT1 -> 911 GT1 Evo
Diablo GT -> Diablo GTR
Ferrari F50 -> Ferrari F50 GT

Basically a new and improved version of RMs, this would be a nice get around or PD to implement.

So with that being said the new cars I would like to see are:

CLK-GTR, race or road eve though I prefer the road legal one.
Mercedes-Benz-CLK-GTR.jpg

F50 GT
Ferrari-F50-GT1.jpg

F1 GTR Longtail *Technically not new it was in GT4, but this time it'll be branded as a proper McLaren*
ikgjlw5bg8951.jpg

911 GT1 Evo 96 or 97, though I feel like it would be too fast to compete in Gr.3, hopefully PD just uses the PP system like in GT5/6
34537008293_26726ec780_b.jpg

AMG ONE, even though I doubt it seeing as this car seems like it's never coming out; atleast not anytime soon
X290-ext-AMG17041_sx009-hd.jpg

Corvette C8
ae186a71-70a4-448f-bbc2-2f059ccfef54-vette_red-fr3-4.JPG

TWR XJ220
5fd101cf4c6d355a4b29e3668016f171.jpg

Regular P1
89233ad8-mclaren-p1-xp05-1.jpg

I want a Miura variant that complements the prototype that's been in the series since GT5. One that'd be a lot more affordable, haha! Perhaps the Miura SV?

I also wanna see more race cars to flesh out the main groups, and maybe even offer multiple options for a given manufacturer. Or perhaps even allow new automakers to be eligible for the Manufacturers Series. Not to mention new groups could be formed to better-suit various niches, like a "Gr.1V" for vintage prototypes, like the Ferrari 330 P4.

I'm also skeptical of whether I'd want a new group for track-only hypercars, like the P1 GTR, as I think they're fine in Gr.X; I think this is the only way players could use stuff like DRS features and still be balanced. That is, by not being in the N-Series. For the same reason, I think the Aston Martin Vulcan should be in Gr.X, and hopefully, PD will do its portrayal justice this time.

Finally, I wanted to touch on Ferrari. I think there are some obvious choices, like the SF90, Testarossa, F8 Tributo, the 488, or the F12berlinetta - and that's before we get into stuff like GT3 and GTE racecars. But I'd also love some of the more obscure Ferrari models of the 50s and 60s, too, not that I could really name any, haha! Y'know, stuff that shows the older parts of Pininfarina's portfolio, or other coachbuilders like Ghia.

I also wanna see more race cars to flesh out the main groups, and maybe even offer multiple options for a given manufacturer. Or perhaps even allow new automakers to be eligible for the Manufacturers Series. Not to mention new groups could be formed to better-suit various niches, like a "Gr.1V" for vintage prototypes, like the Ferrari 330 P4.

Great idea. Narrowing classes should be important.

To be honest. My biggest "itch" with classes in GT is Group 1... (all others are ok sort of...)

But Group 1... I would divide it to 3 classes LMP1, VGT and Group C. I just hate this mix of Past, Present and Future in this class.

Also i have huge concerns about reveal GT7 gameplay. I just hope this was just mixed classes for sake of showing of Porsche 917 and i hope it won't be in group 3 category...

Great idea. Narrowing classes should be important.

To be honest. My biggest "itch" with classes in GT is Group 1... (all others are ok sort of...)

But Group 1... I would divide it to 3 classes LMP1, VGT and Group C. I just hate this mix of Past, Present and Future in this class.

Also i have huge concerns about reveal GT7 gameplay. I just hope this was just mixed classes for sake of showing of Porsche 917 and i hope it won't be in group 3 category...
I think instead, they should just have more events that feature a given class with further vehicle restrictions. I don’t see a need to make new “sub-classes” as much as I think we need to see more races that don’t simply allow every single car in a class to be eligible. Not unlike how in the campaign, you might have an N-Series event where you’re further restricted to certain engines, or something like that. Or how we’ve had Daily Races in GTS that only permit the FF Gr.4 cars.

I also agree that I hope the 917 isn’t in Gr.3, and is just there for demo purposes. That’d be where a “Gr.1V” could be especially ideal, where the 917 would be balanced with the Ferrari 330 P4, Jaguar XJ13, and Ford Mark IV - as well as any other vintage prototypes that PD would want to add. I also hope for a “Gr.3V” for vintage grand tourers like the Shelby Daytona Coupe.

I think instead, they should just have more events that feature a given class with further vehicle restrictions. I don’t see a need to make new “sub-classes” as much as I think we need to see more races that don’t simply allow every single car in a class to be eligible. Not unlike how in the campaign, you might have an N-Series event where you’re further restricted to certain engines, or something like that. Or how we’ve had Daily Races in GTS that only permit the FF Gr.4 cars.

I also agree that I hope the 917 isn’t in Gr.3, and is just there for demo purposes. That’d be where a “Gr.1V” could be especially ideal, where the 917 would be balanced with the Ferrari 330 P4, Jaguar XJ13, and Ford Mark IV - as well as any other vintage prototypes that PD would want to add. I also hope for a “Gr.3V” for vintage grand tourers like the Shelby Daytona Coupe.

Well actually i would prefer narrowed groups for sake of Custom Race mode. I wan't to create my own events.

Latest Posts

Back