What all new cars do you want to see in GT7?

• Thread starter iMatazzie
  • 2,496 comments
porschelol-1534859136.png

Porsche Schuppan 962CR '93

To be sold in the Hagerty Collection (Legend Cars).

A rare and specially designed supercar based on the 962 created by Vern Schuppan, known for winning races in a Porsche 956.

Vern Schuppan is an Australian racing driver who rose to infamy when he won both the 24 Hours of Le Mans and All Japan Sports Prototype Championship in the same year, in 1983, driving a Porsche 956. Ten years later, he set out to create his dream of a road-going supercar based on a short-tailed Porsche 962 chassis and engine, and thus, the 962CR was born.

Powering the 962CR was a 3.3-litre flat-6 with twin turbochargers, re-purposed for street use, producing exactly 600 hp and 479 ft-lb of torque, mated to an ultra-lightweight carbon fibre monocoque created by Reynard Motorsport weighing 1,050kg, giving it an attractive power to weight ratio of 1.75 kg per hp, a 0-100 time of 3.5 seconds, and a theoretical top speed of over 230 mph, which could've given the McLaren F1 a run for its money, but was never tested.

However, the car's production was short-lived, due to its high production costs, with the car costing up to $1.5 million ($3 million adjusted for inflation in today's money), coupled with an economic recession during the 90s, and with the Japan-based investors being associated with Vern Schuppan during his racing days, apparently backing out of the project, before Schuppan closed his company's doors in 1994.

As a result, only six examples were made, with two originally destined for the Japanese market. This particular model here is chassis number AS 962CR 06/50, the best-known example of the car with a front end resembling more like the 962 itself. Though it is not entirely a factory Porsche, there is no doubt that it is among the German manufacturer's most prized supercars of the 20th century, easily compared to the likes of the 959 and the 911 GT1 Strassenversion.

Last edited:
We need this beast on GT7.

Hoonicorn RTR V2 2016

213784544-png.1217234

190066493_151852700288320_2658183754385412762_n-jpg.1217290

web_ly2_0240_2048x-png.1217291

2560_3000-jpg.1217292

56966853_2315832158634152_5622974707930432093_n-jpg.1217293

213784544.png

Hoonigan Ford Mustang RTR V2 "Hoonicorn"

To be sold in Brand Central.

#Racing Car, #Professionally Tuned

"One of the most famous cars driven by the late Ken Block in his Gymkhana videos is this 1,400hp, twin-turbocharged all-wheel drive monster of a Mustang that is tuned to perfection."

To many, Ken Block (1967-2023) is a driver, originally known from rally racing, who gained fame for his Gymkhana videos which spread across the internet for his fearless driving ability to push a car to its limits, as if it was an extension of his body as it drove in such an extravagant fashion. He established Hoonigan in 2011 originally as a racing team for American rallycross, but soon became an organization dedicated to new and emerging trends in car culture, with noticeably iconic tuned vehicles coming out of from the brand.

When it came to Hoonigan's project cars, Ken Block's machines are no exception. His most famous vehicle would have to be the second iteration of the "Hoonicorn" Mustang, originally based on the 1965 Ford Mustang GT, but transformed into an all-wheel drive machine designed to utilize the power of all of its wheels as it tore through roads in a flamboyant manner.

Where the original was a naturally aspirated machine with up to 845 horsepower from a 6.7-litre Roush Yates V-8 engine, this version is equipped with twin-turbochargers boosted with methanol to create an astonishing 1,400 HP and 1,250 ft-lb of torque, mated to a six-speed manual transmission and a significantly lightened chassis of up to 1,360 kg, thereby overlapping the power to weight ratio and theoretically making it perform donuts faster than it can accelerate.

This tuning was done in collaboration with Vaughn Gittin Jr.'s "RTR" (Ready to rock) tuning house that specializes in Mustang tuning and wide body kits. What also set it apart from the original Hoonicorn is the patriotic livery representing the American flag, and that the large blower-like hood scoop was switched out in favor of the twin turbochargers being exposed to produce an attractive backfire, as the exhausts were mounted on the turbochargers themselves. This livery was only used on the show car and was switched out to a more conventional one for Ken Block's "Gymkhana 10" series, where Block claimed that this was the single most frightening vehicle he has ever driven in his lifetime.

The Hoonicorn Mustang V2 is a machine that is over-the-top, with exquisite tuning and technology that transcends all specifications, and rewrites the rulebook of having virtually no limits when it comes to building the ultimate dream project machine, especially based on a prized classic car like the 1965 Mustang. In short, this is a project car that blends past, present and future into one entire package.

Last edited:
Here are a few selections of Gr.2 cars (some real, some fictional) that I’d like to see in GT7, with descriptions of each group. The idea is to flesh out Group 2 in a similar way to what PD has done with Gr1, Gr.3 and Gr.4

Class One (Original) - Fictional racing cars based on DTM’s and Super GT’s ‘Class One’ regulations:
Alfa Romeo Giulia C1 Gr.2
Chevrolet Camaro C1 Gr.2
Ford Mustang C1 Gr.2
Opel Insignia C1 Gr.2
Volkswagen Passat C1 Gr.2
1990s GT1 (Original) - Gr.2 racing cars inspired by the 1990s FIA GT1 machines:
Jaguar XJ220 Gr.2 GT
TVR Cerbera Speed 12 Gr.2 GT
Modern GT1 (Original) - Modern-day take of racing hypercars inspired by the 1990s FIA GT1 cars:
Apollo Intensa Emozione Gr.2
Aston Martin Vulcan Gr.2
Ferrari FXX K Gr.2
Ford GT Mk IV 2023 Gr.2
Lamborghini Veneno Gr.2
McLaren P1 GTR Gr.2
Pagani Zonda R Gr.2
Porsche 918 Gr.2
1990s FIA GT1 - Due to licensing, these could be replaced with fictional Gr.2 variants:
Lotus Elise GT-1 ‘98
Porsche 911 GT1-98 LM ‘98
DTM Class One - Due to licensing, these could be replaced with “Super Touring Car” or fictional Gr.2 variants:
Aston Martin Vantage DTM ‘19
Audi RS5 DTM ‘19
BMW M4 DTM ‘19
Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM ‘18
Super GT GT500 - Due to licensing, these could be replaced with “Super Touring Car” or fictional Gr.2 variants:
Honda NSX Type-S GT500 ‘21
Honda NSX-GT GT500 ‘20
Lexus LC 500 GT500 ‘19
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT500 ‘20
Nissan Z GT500 ‘22
Toyota GR Supra GT500 ‘20

Last edited:
I think I once mentioned that I wanted to see the '22 GT500 trio, but now, I think I'd rather see the 2024 trio, instead. That way, there's a complete turnover of cars, with the GR Supra, the new Z, and the Civic Type R-GT, whereas in the '22 field, Honda has a facelifted second-gen NSX. That said, I'd still like to see the Acura NSX Type-S, TLX Type-S, Integra Type-S, the '00 Integra Type R, and finally, the ARX-06.

Some more GT300-spec cars could be really cool, too, like the one based on the Prius Prime. (I think the RE-Amemiya RX-7 GT300 was in the datamined list, too, but I digress.)

But I'd really like to see some cars from Callaway, mostly since I live very close to them. I'd pick the C16 Coupe as well as the C7R racecar as a potential Gr.3 machine. That, of course, would be in addition to the return of the C12, which is how I initially learned about them. (It's funny how I didn't realize until at least a few years later that Callaway was HQ'd less than five minutes from where I live!)

Last edited:
fa6e9d9ee22587cedb019b5922edf5c5--movie-cars-freedom.jpg

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 Fast & Furious Edition '99

#Professionally Tuned

"Arguably one of the most famous cars in cinema in recent times is this R34 Skyline driven by Paul Walker in 2 Fast 2 Furious, based on a rare example that was legally imported to the U.S. by MotorRex."

(description to follow...)

The 2024 GT-R looks nice, and is probably the most inevitable choice in this whole thread. It's absolutely going to be added some time in the next few years. And now...
This:
1280px-2023_Mitsubishi_DelicaMini.jpg

What you see here is the all-new 2023 Mitsubishi Delica Mini!
It is the first Kei car to also be a Delica. It has sliding doors, room for many small parcels or people, and of course, a 12-valve, 3-cylinder engine, available naturally aspirated or turbocharged to the legal maximum of 63hp. On top of that, it's a mild hybrid, with a mighty 2.68 horsepower available from its electric system. It will be available front- or all-wheel-drive, both only available with a CVT, yet it still looks to be a box of fun to drive. Its main competitor in Japan looks to be the upcoming Daihatsu Tanto FunCross, but that's a story for another day.

View attachment 1223241

#Professionally Tuned

"Arguably one of the most famous cars in cinema in recent times is this R34 Skyline driven by Paul Walker in 2 Fast 2 Furious, based on a rare example that was legally imported to the U.S. by MotorRex."

Hard pass.

1. Nothing from those stupid movies should get any recognition by something that actually understands automotive culture like GT does.
2. If they're going to put any cars from that moronic franchise in the game, it would be the orange Supra and black Charger from the first movie. Or any of the absurd creations from the later films.
3. That car was actually not legally imported by MotoRex, since as it turns out, the company did a hell of a job defrauding the federal government and only ever crash tested the R33 models, making them the only ones eligible for legal import (at the time). They did a bunch of other super-shady **** too, and don't deserve to get any sort of positive mention in any sort of medium. Read this.

Please stick to NFS if you want that sort of trash in a video game.

Last edited:
This may come as a surprise to some of you, but the Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX has, in fact, never been in a GT game. It's always been one of the FF versions. So with the car now showing up in several other racing franchises, including The Crew 2 and NFS Unbound, it's about time this Japanese tuner icon shows up in GT7.

CtjBWsxW8AAvTs7.jpg:large

This may come as a surprise to some of you, but the Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX has, in fact, never been in a GT game. It's always been one of the FF versions. So with the car now showing up in several other racing franchises, including The Crew 2 and NFS Unbound, it's about time this Japanese tuner icon shows up in GT7.
I'd much prefer the first gen version (I was never too much of a fan of the late-90s Japanese bubble styling that almost everything got), and the Eagle-badged version, but yeah, absolutely.

View attachment 1223241

#Professionally Tuned

Just put this livery on a regular R34 in the game. There is nothing special about this car other than some stickers.

Back