What all new cars do you want to see in GT7?

• Thread starter iMatazzie
  • 2,493 comments
"But all of those cars (except one two) are just duplicates of cars that are already in the game! Why don't you want something original?!?!"
-Everyone who whines about the multiple variants of Miata, Silvia, Skyline, etc. in every GT game.

Last edited:
Are you comparing the cars listed in the last post, none of which is a duplicate whatsoever, to actual duplicates like the Miatas and such? 🤔

Potato logic on the internet is, as usual, incredible.
No, but I was making a tongue-in-cheek joke about three* of the five cars listed being variants of cars that are already in the game.

Sesto Elemento is a variant of the Gallardo.
Italdesign Zerouno is a variant of the Huracan.
Maserati MC12 is a variant of the Enzo.

Yet people complain about the variants of the Skyline, Silvia, and Miata, all of which have different appearances and performance specs compared to the "base" model...some to greater degrees than others. These listed cars are just as much of variant of their respective base car as the S14 kouki and zenki.

*You're right, I had to double check on the SF90, but that appears to be a unique car...I had thought it was a variant of the 488, but I was mistaken. My original post has been edited to reflect this.

No, but I was making a tongue-in-cheek joke about three* of the five cars listed being variants of cars that are already in the game.

Yet people complain about the variants of the Skyline, Silvia, and Miata, all of which have different appearances and performance specs compared to the "base" model...some to greater degrees than others. These listed cars are just as much of variant of their respective base car as the S14 kouki and zenki.

*You're right, I had to double check on the SF90, but that appears to be a unique car...I had thought it was a variant of the 488, but I was mistaken. My original post has been edited to reflect this.
How about you do what the thread asks for, and post your cars?

Why ridiculous?
Because, as will now be my third explanation, I find it humourous that someone would clamor for more variants of existing cars when so many continually complain about other variants. Why aren't you getting this?

For one, the Gallardo is not even in the game. Second, it's not a variant of the Gallardo. It takes the engine of a Gallardo Superleggera (which we never had in a GT game), and makes a completely different car that reportedly weighs less than a ton. They don't share anything in the exterior with one another, which is, from a modeling stand point, the most important factor. The interior is also completely different. Comparing this, to a rebadged GT86, or the Silvias, or whatever, is absurd.

Yes, it's based on the Huracan, yet it uses a completely different bodywork. So, unlike the duplicate GT86 and Silvias and such, which were added just as a quick way to boost the car count without spending any resources by copying an existing model, while getting the Zerouno would actually take a lot more effort, since they would have to model the car entirely from scratch. Sure, you could that there should be other priorities, and I agree, over the Zerouno, but still, is not comparable to the duplicates in game.

Once again, you are comparing two cars that share their "innards" but have a completely different bodywork, brand and even performance, with cars that are literaly the same, with a different badge, or with different wheel options, or whatever.

Nope, they aren't. It's not even a debate. And once again, comparing two trim levels between the same exact Silvia*, with cars that look (and in some cases, perform) completely different, from different brands, is just delusional.

But don't worry, PD won't bother adding these "duplicates" as they are not japanese cars, in favor of actual duplicates made in Japan.

*reminder that you can get engine swaps in this game. So certain cars, could literaly get any engine the brand has/had available for that model, without PD needing to duplicate the car itself. Meanwhile, you can't just "makeshift" a MC12 out of a Ferrari Enzo.

The MC12 was conceived as a homologation special for Masterati's return to racing. A very successful GT racing program as it turned out. In terms of "pedigree", it very much stands on its own rather than as just an Enzo clone.

It's next level straw grasping to compare it to different trim levels of Silvias and Miatas.

Because, as will now be my third explanation, I find it humourous that someone would clamor for more variants of existing cars when so many continually complain about other variants. Why aren't you getting this?
I, on the other hand, find it funny that someone would go to a thread about posting wishlist cars just to seek confrontation with others, while not posting any cars.
And where is this giant group of people that continually complain about miatas, silvias, skylines? Never saw it. Could you provide evidence of its exitence?
Or did you just see a few comments about it, from time to time, and "transformed" it into the thousands?

I, on the other hand, find it funny that someone would go to a thread about posting wishlist cars just to seek confrontation with others, while not posting any cars.
See, we all find humor in different things, and that's what's beautiful about the world.
And where is this giant group of people that continually complain about miatas, silvias, skylines? Never saw it. Could you provide evidence of its exitence?
Or did you just see a few comments about it, from time to time, and "transformed" it into the thousands?
See the announcement thread for the most recent update, containing the R32 Nismo. Or the one containing the '96 Silvia. Even the one containing the '94 Silvia had people complaining. As for Miatas, see any thread in previous games' forums.

For the record, never said "thousands." Never even specified a number; I only implied "a whole bunch."

Last edited:
I’d still like to see this
1686083871786.jpeg

We got this
1686083955739.jpeg

However, PD saw fit to put the right one as a banner for my favourite event ever
1686084102374.jpeg

I’d like to see more touring cars, old and new. WTCC too, I was think I’d like to see more open wheelers too like f4/f3 too.

Still a good few tracks could be added if you consider those car championships

Who would like to race the old btcc Laguna or 850 Volvo estate around donnington or oulton park

Last edited:

Honestly respect to Toyota for respecting its old racing cars even if some did not win Lemans.

As a Ferrari fan I always respect the brand that respects its history unlike Mercedes who wiped away any sort of thing regarding the Mercedes CLR.

Gr010 will be replaced in the future i dont mind seeing its successor.

Beautiful I hope some of these beautiful Toyota racecars make it to Gran Turismo.

I will always have a soft spot for Japanese racing cars. I thank PD for introducing me to its motorsport history. Japan has a rich heritage. Toyota has been right now at the forefront of Hydrogen engines.

@Scuderia Paul you will enjoy this.

Last edited:
With PD acknowledging Group A in last month’s update, I’d like to see the DTM Audi V8. I revisited PC2 and drove it around a few tracks and feel PD could do it better in GT7. There are a host of videos detailing this car, but it’s nice to hear how the cars were from the pilots that drove them.

The Porsche 993 GT1 Evo, the 1996 spec in particular as I personally think it looks better than the 1997 version and it would give the 1996 F1 GTR a period-correct rival as it basically beat it in almost every race it entered against the F1 GTR and won the GT1 class of the 1996 Le Mans. It's also located at the Porsche Museum so it's easy to source should PD want to include it. The '96 model in particular is also in very few games with only PGR2 and The Crew 2 being the only games I recall it being included officially.

Porsche_911_GT1-96_front-left_Porsche_Museum.jpg

Back