What are rain tires for?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 20 comments
  • 2,293 views

Spagetti69

Is not my real name.
Premium
Messages
10,403
Messages
GTP_Spag69
Messages
spagetti69
Because it's not rain.
Racing soft seems to give more grip. What's up.
Anyone else find this.
 
Well try to go online and race in a wet race with racing soft.
 
They're for use in the rain. Duh!
 
There was a big thread on this a few days back, that people found it's faster and easier to stick with racing soft than it is to race in rain tires.

I do have to say, for A-spec that's fine, but if you try that in B-spec, your driver will crawl around the map like he's got nothing better to do with his time than take in the scenery.
 
They're for use in the rain. Duh!

Well I don't recommend them in the rain, offline. The drys give you more grip. Strange game. Also no abs gives you better acceleration too.
Really confusing. Duh.
 
Well I don't recommend them in the rain, offline. The drys give you more grip. Strange game. Also no abs gives you better acceleration too.
Really confusing. Duh.
In A-Spec "Grip Reduction on Wet Track / Track Edge" apparently defaults to Low. If it's set to Real slicks vs. rain tyres behave as expected.
 
OP best be trolling
 
Strange game. Also no abs gives you better acceleration too.
Really confusing. Duh.

NO turning off abs aslo turns off the asm. Go try it out, I have. the guy that started this missinformation was using asm so when he turned off abs it turned asm off.

EDIT: I'm wrong about abs turning off the asm, but I have tested to see if it makes you faster on a course that doesn't require the brakes, it doesnt do anything.
Sorry to go off topic.
 
Last edited:
I LOL'ed when i saw this thread title. Thank you for bringing just a bit of joy to my day!

And if you havent recieved an answer yet, i like to use the rain tires when it rains. My bob agrees too. He drives like i removed the throttle cable with racing softs in the rain.
 
NO turning off abs aslo turns off the asm. Go try it out, I have. the guy that started this missinformation was using asm so when he turned off abs it turned asm off.

Ummm I dont use ASM and saw it happen too, maybe there was asm in the Licence tho, gonna check when I get time.
 
In A-Spec "Grip Reduction on Wet Track / Track Edge" apparently defaults to Low. If it's set to Real slicks vs. rain tyres behave as expected.

Where can we change this? I've seen the option when doing a Free Run in practice, but I haven't seen an option in normal A-Spec.
 
Has anyone here used intermediate tires? I've used "rain" tires when it is "raining" out but the sky is blue in B-spec, and the driver goes slowly and peels out and gets destroyed by all of the other cars who are on race hard tires because they seem to ignore the rain. Are "intermediate" tires for this, or does the game even recognize a benefit of this? In the mean time, even if it's raining, if the sky is anything but dark, I'll give Bob racing hard tires.
 
I had a rain race at Monza in the FGT Championship in B-Spec. I put on Inters and before the first turn my guy wanted to pit. EVERYONE came in at the end of the first lap, I switched to Rain and the AI apparently switched to slicks because my guy didn't care for full wets either while they were off like rockets. He wanted to pit again as soon as he got back on track. Put on Racing Softs and he was golden. Rain tires are definitely broken to some degree.
 
I used soft slicks for the FGT A-spec challenge. It was a total downpour, and by the end of the first lap i was 15 seconds behind the pack after sliding off a time or 2. Then for some reason all 11 AI's pitted, and i got ahead. I don't know what tires they changed to, but they were doing laps around 15 seconds slower than me, and i ended up lapping the pack halfway through the race.
 
I hate driving in the wet with a passion, it just doesn't seem realistic at all!

I did notice in B-Spec that my Bob put inters on, while the rest of the field stayed on rain tyres and they almost caught me, then we all pitted on the same lap, I put rain on, and they put racing hard on, my Bob pulled away very quickly following the pit stop as the rest of the AI where doing pretty little spins :)
 
In B-Spec in rain my bob wont drive in the rain with rain tyres - he always wants to use intermediates.
 
Back