Any new rain tracks coming?

• Thread starter wheelhp
  • 17 comments
Australia
Australia
Not sure why we dont have rain on more tracks like daytona etc. Would be chaos but thats what i like. How many rain tracks in the game anyone know

Well that's a the milion dollar question , we don't know - while there was Deep Forest in wet shown 🤷‍♂️
These tracks have rain:
  • Autopolis
  • Circuit de la Sarthe
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • Dragon Trail Gardens
  • Fuji Speedway
  • High Speed Ring
  • Nurburgring + Nords
  • Red Bull Ring
  • Suzuka
  • Tsukuba Circuit
  • Tokyo Expressway - East

Last edited:
The fact we even have to ask such a question is ridiculous. All the tracks in Forza have weather and dynamic time so why can't GT7? It doesn't make any sense to limit what can be done with each track. And yes, you should have rain on Willow Springs because it can happen in a desert environment. May not be as regular as a temperate climate with seasons and such but still, it's not impossible.

I would like to have fully customizable time and weather on time attack mode as we have in custom races menu. If we want to see Autopolis at night, custom race is the only way you can do it, for example.
Also, time and rain should be separately adaptable, otherwise the weather changes too quickly when we have a 1 hour race with a 24 hour cycle. Especially on the Nurburgring.

I would like to have fully customizable time and weather on time attack mode as we have in custom races menu. If we want to see Autopolis at night, custom race is the only way you can do it, for example.
This, a million times. Not just 5/6 presets, but the kind of variety only available in custom races. Seems a no-brainer to me, yet....

Daytona should definitely offer rain but I see a lot of people wondering why Willow Springs doesn’t have rain and I’m just like…
It’s plausible. Those dry creek beds in the center of Big Willow get used once in a while.

The fact we even have to ask such a question is ridiculous. All the tracks in Forza have weather and dynamic time so why can't GT7? It doesn't make any sense to limit what can be done with each track. And yes, you should have rain on Willow Springs because it can happen in a desert environment. May not be as regular as a temperate climate with seasons and such but still, it's not impossible.
Not saying Forza is bad, but it's got the exact same skybox for every track. So you will see the same cloud formations for every track, plus almost the same mirror-like puddles across every track.

GT is ocd like that so they design the puddles specifically for each track, just like their skyboxes and cloud formations - that is why in my opinion, shouldnt be like this

This, a million times. Not just 5/6 presets, but the kind of variety only available in custom races. Seems a no-brainer to me, yet....
I remember in GT6 this wasn't an issue, although not all tracks had fully time/weather changes, in time trial you could choose the exact hour and the exact ammount of water on track surface from 0 to 100% with a slider if i recall correctly.

In GT7 I spend a lot of time only in time trial too. Time ago I was begging to have the option for dynamic tyre and fuel things, and the info about the conditions on your record lap on the times table as tyres used and PR's car used. They eventually added that things later and that's OK, but we still need more care from PD for time trial mode, such as mentioned time/weather stuff. Not being allowed to use nitro systems bugs me a bit.

I have the wish to have some kind of partner that follows you on track, like you would do with a friend on a real life trackday pushing each other and having fun, I think Sophy can actually do this, being like ghost car that turns into a solid car and just play with you on track, not precisely being on a race.

In addition to rain, I think Deep Forest and Trial Mountain - due to their alpine settings, should also have snow. Obviously not useable for proper circuit racing, but they would be fun rally 'stages' at least.

Not saying Forza is bad, but it's got the exact same skybox for every track. So you will see the same cloud formations for every track, plus almost the same mirror-like puddles across every track.

GT is ocd like that so they design the puddles specifically for each track, just like their skyboxes and cloud formations - that is why in my opinion, shouldnt be like this

This is actually notable. I did a custom race at road Atlanta and set the weather as cloudy and the time of day as sunset, and I was blown away by how much it genuinely felt like being in the gulf south United States with the mountainous cumulonimbus clouds.

Last edited:
As far as pre-existing courses go, I'd say that adding rain specifically to Tokyo Expressway South and Daytona should be the priority over other courses/venues.

Last edited:
In addition to rain, I think Deep Forest and Trial Mountain - due to their alpine settings, should also have snow. Obviously not useable for proper circuit racing, but they would be fun rally 'stages' at least.
At this time of year in the UK, Spa, Nurburgring etc. there are plenty of circuit races with snowfall. Obviously, in most cases it's not enough to form on the ground, but it would still be a nice visual flourish and would mean racing in colder temperatures.

At this time of year in the UK, Spa, Nurburgring etc. there are plenty of circuit races with snowfall. Obviously, in most cases it's not enough to form on the ground, but it would still be a nice visual flourish and would mean racing in colder temperatures.
I can't be the only one who remembers this stunning challenge in PGR4

I can't be the only one who remembers this stunning challenge in PGR4

Project gotham! Great games. One of the few racing series i wish i had more time to play when it was new! Game holds up quite well imo

Last edited:
Back