What are some shows or movies you used to like, but dislike/don't care for anymore?

Sonygamer455

Forum dweller
Premium
United States
The US of A
If you have been watching shows and movies for a long time, it's not beyond the realm of possibility you have probably had something you initially liked, but later on, you either got to where you didn't like it anymore or just don't care about it as much as you used to. Well, that's what this thread is about and this where you can post about them, shows or movies you used to like, but either dislike or don't care about as much anymore.

Last edited:
North Korea
Best Korea
Game of Thrones mostly brings abject disappointment because OOOOOOOF D&D did not really stick the landing outside of
Jon Snow NOPEing off to join the freefolk.

If I ever decide to do a rewatch, I'm going in with my
assumption that the White Walkers in fact won the Battle of Winterfell in S8E3 and the last three episodes are a death dream by the survivors of the immediate aftermath.

To be clear, I don't have much of a problem with the contents of the ending as bullet points, but rather the execution. Exemptions include:
  • Bronn, who doesn't understand debt, being given Master of Coin. Also, Lord Paramount of the Reach. Talla Tarly is RIGHT THERE. The Hightowers are there. So are the Florents, Fossoways, Oakhearts, and literally EVERY OTHER FAMILY IN THE REACH.
  • Sam Tarly unironically suggesting immediate democracy despite the track record in the show of sudden institutional changes not being stellar to say the lease. E.x. of Dragons, Bay/Bay, Slavers.
  • ASOIAF namedrop.
  • Rhaegal getting no-scoped. On a boat. On the open water. During a clear day. Through a rock. With missiles that I think someone worked out are capable of launching stuff into orbit. Move the shot that killed Rhaegal until after Team Dany realizes that Euron did another sneaky on them and my problems here vanish.
  • Dany getting just 1.5 episodes and a couple actions that aren't even that bad when put in comparison to what other protags have done to justify her heel turn at the very end. Honestly considering that a lot of my favorite moments came after a season minimum of buildup, would have begun to properly lay the groundwork for the Mad Queen turn back in the middle of Season 6 if I was the one calling the shots. (And no, not mourning her flagrantly abusive brother's death does not make her madness foreshadowed from the beginning.)

Last edited:

VBR

Kill Wokey
Premium
England
London
I really liked Killjoys when I first saw it, & I binged watched the first 3 series. A long while afterwards I tried to watch the 4th & 5th series but couldn't get past episode 1 as I simply didn't remember the show & got it mixed up with other stuff I'd binge-watched years ago (the catch-up/refresher didn't help either). I think when I binge watch stuff it doesn't go into my long term memory like when I watch a show once a week & have time to absorb it properly.

MatskiMonk

Inebriated member
Premium
United Kingdom
Not so Great Britain
Top Gear. Some of the best TV there was, but already well past it's excellent best by the time the Clarkson/May/Hammond era came to an abrupt close.

The Simpsons.... used to really enjoy it... haven't watched it since about 2007...

Sonygamer455

Forum dweller
Premium
United States
The US of A
Cars 2.
I really liked this movie when it first came out, so much so, I wanted to see it again after my initial viewing. Although I still like it, over the years I have become less and less fond of it than I used to be. I have just gotten to where I don't really like the whole spy theme of the movie as much anymore and the fact it focused more on that than racing. In retrospect, I kind of liked the racing theme of the first movie better now and I really started feeling that again after seeing the 3rd one since it more or less went back to it. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie, it's just not as interesting to me anymore.

Last edited:

Submerged

Premium
United Kingdom
UK
Well, Cars 2 was well known as a cash in for Pixar for some bizarre reason from what people online decided to talk about it.

Planes on the other hand was a story that Pixar was experimenting about but it didn't quite work out as they were expanding with the Cars Universe and... I saw what they were trying to do, just you could see it just didn't quite work that well, unless you were a pilot of some sort.

Cars 1 was useful, Cars 3 was going back to roots but it did take a while to hit its strides for sure.

Cars 2 just kinda.... got stuck between Planes and losing the plot entirely. It was still a good film though. With a Deux ExMachina with Lightening McQueen's mate.

AOS-

Premium
Canada
'Sauga, ON
Gundam Wing and South Park are easy ones.

When you grow up without Internet and basic cable, there is very little access to entertainment, so you make do with whatever you got. Those two shows were some of the only few I had any interest in, but I remember stopping those long before I had Internet access because one was god awfully slow-paced and boring, and the other's content was too crass for me to enjoy.

Sonygamer455

Forum dweller
Premium
United States
The US of A
Although I still like them, my interest in the Fast and Furious movies has really declined in recent years. For starters, they have got to be the most overplayed movies on TV I can think of and my family likes to watch them whenever they're on. As a result, I have seen them so many times, they just don't interest me like they used to and despite not watching much TV anymore, here recently I have noticed they've been playing them about every week now. On top of that, although I enjoyed the past few movies they've done in recent years, I have gotten to where I don't care to watch them again after my initial viewing for some reason. Again, I still like them, but they just don't interest me nearly as much anymore and at this point, I just feel like they're milking the franchise with each new movie being just another cash grab and I kind of wish they would conclude it already.

Sonygamer455

Forum dweller
Premium
United States
The US of A
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie.
Been a fan of the series for a long time now, I can remember when the movie was new and while I never saw it in theaters, I got to watch it on TV whenever it came on and although I didn't favor the movie very highly, I liked it nonetheless. Then Nick started playing it A LOT more over the years, I kept watching it and eventually, I got very tired of it after seeing it so many times. Nick played it so much over the years, it just wasn't as interesting to me anymore and I had little desire to watch it again. Although it may have been a long time ago and I haven't seen it in years, I still don't really have much interest to watch it and I probably wouldn't watch it unless it's the only thing on. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike it, I just don't care for it much anymore.

MagpieRacer

Aaand across the line..
Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer
South Park is an immediate one. Use to binge that and yet now I have no interest in watching it.

Marvels Agents of Shield.
The first 3 seasons were absolutely incredible. Season 4 was good with Ghost Rider joining the fray but lost a little bit of its wow. And by the end I lost interest and never got back into it from Season 5.

Australia
Central Coast, NSW
cyan-yoshi5
EelX 5
I remember a friend recommending No Game No Life to me and I enjoyed it first time viewing as the games played were exciting to watch

But more time to digest I can't watch it anymore, issue being the characters. The main male character is a power fantasy with no room to actually explore except "relatable" quirks and things he's good at which those characters I never got into and feels corporate. All the female characters don't have much compelling to follow except Stephanie who is by far the best character in the show but she is constantly put down until the end and the main character steals her achievement away anyway by revealing how his team already won before the game start