What are the chances of seeing the GT6 premium's in GT7?

Adaptive tesselation has nothing to do with different shapes.

One example(same as last time): The bumper lip on the Viper isn’t different because it has bigger polygons. It’s a total different shape in general.
Except it isn’t. You think it seems that way because the reflection mapping and lighting is completely different.

Even if it was though, that doesn’t mean the whole car is remade.

Even if it was though, that doesn’t mean the whole car is remade.
I didn’t say the whole car was, but they’re heavily worked on.

And PS. no, lighting and reflection doesn’t change shape.

I didn’t say the whole car was, but they’re heavily worked on.
No, they’re not, from what I can tell anyway.
And PS. no, lighting and reflection doesn’t change shape.
I never said it did either, but it changes how certain shapes appear.

Look, all I ever said was that the GT6 premiums are indeed future proof, and that they are more or less idential to their GT Sport counterparts. If you’re still willing to disagree about this after the resent article, fine, but why? I don’t know what else I can say.

Last edited:
No, they’re not, from what I can tell anyway.

I never said it did either, but it changes how certain shapes appear.

Look, all I ever said was that the GT6 premiums are indeed future proof, and that they are more or less idential to their GT Sport counterparts. If you’re still willing to disagree about this after the resent article, fine, but why? I don’t know what else I can say.
I’m not gonna argue with you anymore, but read this:
It's pretty obvious they completely remodeled these cars and didn't just simply increase polygons to smoothen out edges and add more detail to previous models. The body panels' spacing, thickness, and even shape have been redone. Those differences are noticeable on some of the tessellated GT6 models too. I think some of the GT6 car models were more accurate than others so for those it's a bit more difficult to spot these types of differences compared to GTS.

31fgtsportgt6.png

gtsportgt62.png

gt3.png

gt2.png

Last edited:
You said this and that and whatnot, misquoting me too, so let’s just draw the line, and agree to disagree. I really don’t care if it’s remade, reworked or untouched.

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but I wanted to chime in anyway. To answer the OP's question, I believe that a lot of the GT6 premiums that are not back in GT7 yet will in fact return as others said. Either as is like with the case of the Nissan Skylines or the case of being replaced by a newer version such as the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Final Edition for instance.

I can't say for certain we'll get all as I don't know what the DLC output will be for this game, I assume less than GT Sport's initial 7-12 cars per month since it looks like PD is spending some modeling time on visual part upgrades instead of cars. There's also the factor of not knowing how long PD intends to support GT7 with content. It could be 2 years like GT Sport, 1 year, or maybe 3-4 years if we're lucky.

I'm not even sure what cars will be focused on next other then they'll probably be more classic or vintage cars and 80s-early 2000s nostalgia cars. and probably some oddball stuff thrown in.

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but I wanted to chime in anyway. To answer the OP's question, I believe that a lot of the GT6 premiums that are not back in GT7 yet will in fact return as others said. Either as is like with the case of the Nissan Skylines or the case of being replaced by a newer version such as the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Final Edition for instance.

I can't say for certain we'll get all as I don't know what the DLC output will be for this game, I assume less than GT Sport's initial 7-12 cars per month since it looks like PD is spending some modeling time on visual part upgrades instead of cars. There's also the factor of not knowing how long PD intends to support GT7 with content. It could be 2 years like GT Sport, 1 year, or maybe 3-4 years if we're lucky.

I'm not even sure what cars will be focused on next other then they'll probably be more classic or vintage cars and 80s-early 2000s nostalgia cars. and probably some oddball stuff thrown in.
we will find out soon hopefully :)

Back