What are the chances of seeing the GT6 premium's in GT7?

A number of GT5P/GTHD era models had to be heavily redone due to how early they were; case in point, the R32 GT-R's interior:
proxy.png

proxy.png

Later models (from GT5 Spec II/DLC era to GT6 era models, mainly the tessellated cars) seem to be more next-gen ready though, case in point being the Z8:

Last edited:
I don't think it's a coincidence that many of the cars added in GTS' updates were from the PS3 era. I'm especially hoping for more race cars that could flesh out the major racing groups in GT7. In fact, here were my picks:

Gr.1
Audi R8 '05
Audi R10 TDI '06
Bentley Speed 8

Gr.2
Honda HSV-010 GT500 '12
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z33) GT500 '06
Toyota Supra (A80) GT500 '05

Gr.3
Audi R8 LMS Ultra '12

Unsure if Gr.3 or Gr.4
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
Lexus IS350 GT300 '08
Subaru BRZ GT300 '12
Subaru Impreza GT300 '08

Gr.B
Audi Sport Quattro S1 Rally Car '86

Gr.X/Unassigned
Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel
Red Bull X2011 Prototype
Mario Andretti's Hudson

Notes:
We don't really need the N24-spec Volkswagen Scirocco, as I feel like the Scirocco Gr.4 is too close to it. I also feel like it's quite unlikely some race cars will return from the PS3 era. Specifically, the X2014 Fan Car, the Red Bull Kart (as it's just a regular kart with a Red Bull livery), the official WRC-licensed rally cars including the older ST205 Celica outfitted for rally, the Monster Sport and Tajima hillclimb cars, and lastly, the NASCAR machines. Regarding that last one, I think even if they did return, we'd really only need three at most for each of the three seasons represented in GT6, with one from each automaker, for a total of nine cars - and with one of them being the Jeff Gordon car we were tasked with driving for the GT5 NASCAR driving school. Ideally, and for similar reasons, I'd also like the Sebastian Vettel-themed X2010 over the other two versions, as well as the Citroen C4 WRC that we used for Loeb's event.

Ideally, if I were at PD, I'd forego including the actual NASCAR machines, and do something very similar to the F1500T-A, where there's a singular made-for-game oval racer. You also might've noticed I completely ignored the made-for-game touring cars and RM cars, as I think the more in-depth modifications system in GT7 will render those sorts of cars largely unnecessary for inclusion, though I'm fine with some coming back otherwise. Indeed, perhaps some of the touring cars/RMs will still have certain parts equipped that we aren't able to equip on the same model - such as the Corvette C6 or the Silvia S14 - even with GT7's immense set of options.

Probably little chance of the cup cars (NASCAR) to returning, but if the do they probably return win no liveries

There was about five models

2011 Chevrolet Impala
2013 Chevrolet SS
2010 Ford Fusion
2013 Ford Fusion
2013 Toyota Camery

Wrong. Quite a few GT6 models were indeed future proof, and with future proof I mean they don’t have to be scratch made for future generations. Take the 1984 Ferrari GTO for example, which is more or less identical in GT Sport (and therefore GT7 as well) to it’s GT6 counterpart. Some textures might’ve been updated/tweaked, but the 3D model is, if not 100% identical, then at least very close to.
?

107zf96.jpg

11z9iba.jpg

22ktep9.jpg

23j6cjy.jpg

3684iz6.jpg

37x6ddk.jpg

The 2002 GTS Viper is 100% a straight port from GT5, same goes for the Mark IV GT40. Both of those models look really dated.
??

04uvklz.jpg

05u8kfr.jpg

129ukn3.jpg

13k6j10.jpg

32t2jus.jpg

33sojk0.jpg

229ejkj.jpg

23fdj9q.jpg

300okva.jpg

31nijva.jpg

12zfjvm.jpg

13qejm6.jpg

Last edited:
Just because they have more polygons in GT Sport doesn’t mean they’re not based on the GT6 models. You also helped me prove my point that the biggest differences are the lighting and reflections, not the models themselves.
"GTS/GT7 car models are a copy paste from GT6!" → Proof that are completely remodeled → "You also helped me prove my point"

Ok 😑

"GTS/GT7 car models are a copy paste from GT6!" → Proof that are completely remodeled → "You also helped me prove my point"

Ok 😑
You’re misquoting me, and I have no idea what you’re trying to say in doing so.

You didn’t prove anything, except that the poly count is higher in GT Sport, which you think means that they’re completely re-modeled, but it doesn’t.

Last edited:
In the Viper, the dash has very visible polygons, the odometer doesn't work, and the cockpit lighting looks very poor at night. All these issues exist in the GT5 version too. You can tell the textures have at least been upgraded though.
Let's not forget that the left mirror is almost levitating.

Last edited:
There just starting with the GT5/GT6 Premium models, spending time refining the smaller details that where less noticeable back then, but still a better starting point then starting a model from scratch.

This isn't like the massive jump with standards from the PS2 era to PS3

just thought also about all of the Suzuki's from GT5/GT6! The selection of Cappuccino's and the Cervo! :)
Indeed, I think the EA21R and the Cervo would be nice as a minimum, and instead of adding the older EA11R, I’d swap it out with a premium version of an iconic Suzuki model: the Alto Works Suzuki Sport Limited.

What, you were expecting me to say the Pikes Peak-spec Escudo? I mean, I’d love to see that, too, but I don’t know how PD will be able to do it since the actual car no longer exists, or at least not in that original state. Still, PD typically seems to be more than capable of surprises, and capturing cars/venues that no longer exist, like the 1980’s layouts of Monza and Brands Hatch.

Last edited:
Just because they have more polygons in GT Sport doesn’t mean they’re not based on the GT6 models. You also helped me prove my point that the biggest differences are the lighting and reflections, not the models themselves.
If you don’t see the difference in the modelling then you must need glasses. There’s a huge difference.

If you don’t see the difference in the modelling then you must need glasses. There’s a huge difference.
I see the difference, of course. But I don’t think you understand what I’m saying. These cars are not “hand-modelled” polygon by polygon, they’re scanned. The way I see it, the GT6 models may as well be downgraded GT Sport models rather than the other way around. Either way, they’re not scratch made for GT Sport, which was my point to begin with. They are better versions of the already existing GT6 models.

I see the difference, of course. But I don’t think you understand what I’m saying. These cars are not “hand-modelled” polygon by polygon, they’re scanned. The way I see it, the GT6 models may as well be downgraded GT Sport models rather than the other way around. Either way, they’re not scratch made for GT Sport, which was my point to begin with. They are better versions of the already existing GT6 models.
In either case they’ve been heavily remade. Look at the lip on the Viper, just one of many examples

In either case they’ve been heavily remade. Look at the lip on the Viper, just one of many examples
Once again, no, not remade, but improved or smoothed out rather. Plus, you underestimate how much of a difference the improved textures, lighting and reflections in GT Sport makes.

Once again, no, not remade, but improved or smoothed out rather. Plus, you underestimate how much of a difference the improved textures, lighting and reflections in GT Sport makes.
Lighting and texture has nothing to do with shapes.

Last edited:
Lighting and texture has nothing to do with shapes.
You’re not even trying to understand what I’m telling you, are you?

If the GT6 models used the textures and lighting/reflection mapping of GT Sport, and the GT Sport models used the textures and lighting/reflection mapping of GT6, I bet you $100 that the GT6 models would look more appealing than the GT Sport models.

And you’re not trying to understand me, so I guess we’re fine. :)
Trust me, I do understand you. You’re saying that the GT6 cars were remade for GT Sport, and I’m telling you they were not. They were improved, upgraded, refined, enhanced, but not remade.

Trust me, I do understand you. You’re saying that the GT6 cars were remade for GT Sport, and I’m telling you they were not. They were improved, upgraded, refined, enhanced, but not remade.
How it started: is more or less identical in GT Sport (and therefore GT7 as well) to it’s GT6 counterpart

How it's going: They were improved, upgraded, refined, enhanced

🧐

How it started: is more or less identical in GT Sport (and therefore GT7 as well) to it’s GT6 counterpart

How it's going: They were improved, upgraded, refined, enhanced

🧐
They are more or less identical, except for the poly count. They’re based on the same scans, so they’re basically the exact same model, but with differing “resolution” in lack of a better word.

Hey @Imari, @emula and @syntex123, did you see the article about the car models? Same polygon count since GT5 apparently, and thanks to adaptive tessellation, used since GT6, the models are indeed future proof.

View attachment 1116975
View attachment 1116976
You still don't seem to understand that some people consider a 3D model to include a little more than a wire mesh, but you seem to be enjoying your moment anyway. Since these cars are all future proof then I guess we'll be seeing all the premiums from GT5 and 6 in GT7?

You still don't seem to understand that some people consider a 3D model to include a little more than a wire mesh, but you seem to be enjoying your moment anyway. Since these cars are all future proof then I guess we'll be seeing all the premiums from GT5 and 6 in GT7?
You can consider all you want, but the fact is that a 3D model is a 3D model even without textures and reflections, and the 3D models is what I’ve been talking about all along. I’ve always pointed out that the lighting and reflections have been greatly improved, which is why the cars in GT5/6 seem worse than they actually are.

And no, I don’t think all GT5/6 premiums will be coming to GT7, because there’s more to making a car than modelling and texture mapping. There’s also physics and sounds, and they’ve both been improved since GT6, which means PD needs access to the cars they want to bring back, to collect data and record sounds from, which if I had to guess, is why it took a while to bring many of them to GT Sport through updates. Then there are some brands that are not licensed anymore, such as Lotus, Volvo and Opel, so those would tough to bring back regardless, at least for now.

Last edited:
Adaptive tesselation has nothing to do with different shapes.

One example(same as last time): The bumper lip on the Viper isn’t different because it has bigger polygons. It’s a total different shape in general.

Latest Posts

Back