What are you doing to prepare for the arrival of GT4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Samelborp
  • 80 comments
  • 3,466 views
Messages
204
Messages
Peaknik
Messages
Ludens
Let me indulge in a “typical feel good get to know you mouth watering thread”…

Maybe some of you are planning to buy or build a new wheel, or perhaps even a racing seat, or maybe even a new TV & 5.1 sound system.

A brand new Memory Card exclusive for GT4 will also be in order.

Other plans may include a planned start in the game, choosing carefully the firsts cars and competitions.

Although I think there are many things we don’t now about GT4 (will the AI be more challenging?), I am sure everyone of us is already thinking about how can we improve our experience with the game, planning ahead.

I, for one, I am waiting for a new Logitech DFP that should arrive in a couple of days, and I already have a playseat chair wainting for her companion.

My wife also knows that something very important is approaching, “something that would dwarf my GT3 addiction”, I told her ;.) She has agreed to try the game, now that we’ll have an optimum setup (she hates gaming pads).

I also have a digital recorder that I plan to use to make notes in order to produce good write-ups…

What are you doing to prepare for the arrival of GT4?
 
Grabbing a bucket ;) Save some money... and finding locks for my door :)
 
lol,

I was actualy thinking of creating a thread just like this:)

Anyways, in my closet, for some time now, I have a box which used to carry around a scale 1/18 Ferrari 550 Marranello in. This is where I keep all my cash awaiting the arrival of GT4.

At the moment I have $150 or so. I bought the DFP recently and I love it, I've preordered GT4 and I've even put my TV right next to my computer so I can listen to MP3s while driving around with 5.1 surround sound. (thinking of buying ANOTHER 5.1 Altec Lansing sound system for the TV as I only have one for the PC)

Another reason why the PS2 and TV are next to the computer is the ease of connecting the internet up :)

Though my parents are thinking of buying a huge arse plasma screen TV so it will be VERY tempting to swap to that! This TV I am using is only 14 inch!!!!!!! 👎
 
Onkyo AV Reciever,Jamo 5.1 Surround Sound to be installed a few weeks before GT4s release. I really hope a big block V8 sounds like it should.
 
Nothing much here... I´m just thinking about speeding up my Broadband so I don´t experience any lag when playing online.
 
I might get a GT force pro before GT4 comes out, and if I do get one, I'd probably build a table for it. Other than that I've got nothing planned. I've got GT4 preordered and I'll have Sims 2, Half Life 2, and GTA:SA to pass the time.
 
I've made myself a cockpit, which consists of two woodern beams (jammed underneath the TV and two central supports) and a leather chair I use when using the PC.
rofl3.gif
rofl3.gif
rofl3.gif


woodernbeams.jpg

woodernbeams2.jpg


It works a treat though... so I'm not complaining. Obvisously I would prefer a proper racing seat but with limited bedroom space that isn't possible, and this is the next best thing. :p
 
Argh double post. Well I'll reply anyway, I'm trying to get a special case mod done for my ps2 in commemoration of the past GT's and the one to come.
 
32" Widescreen -------------> Got
5.1 Dolby Digital Speakers-> Got
Driving Force Pro ------------> Got
PS2 (duh!) --------------------> Got
PS2 Harddrive ----------------> NEED
PS2 Network Adapter------- > NEED
Fags, Beer, Snacks ----------> NEED, but closer to the time obviously
Race Seat----------------------> NEED, well could do with at least....
GT4 -----------------------------> NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
 
Finishing off GT3 to 100% for the third (final) time and golding GT4P for the first time, though I had played it through once already. Lasty, enjoying what little is left od summer and playing outside more.

After I complete GT3 for the final time i was thinking about entering the online racing on this site to pass the time. It has been years since I raced in OLR. Might be fun.
 
A new DS2 after I smashed it into my wall :)
 
I'll check out in Japan (going there in a month) if the DFP is cheaper than here in France. Anyway, I'll get my hands on one of those before GT4 is released. And I'll get a table to put the TV on, close to my computer (I'm fed up with going to my brother's room to play), and maybe a sit dedicated to racing games.
 
Very little...

Trying to do some work and trying not to be bored... Things will be better when GTA:SA comes out... time will pass quicker!!

C.
 
I first need to prepare a friggin proper table or some thing to hold the whell steady....

I'm rite now using the iron board .....but thats not very strong,and no leg room ..

other wise my seat is just perfect... can even incline :D
 
tiptopcream
I've made myself a cockpit, which consists of two woodern beams (jammed underneath the TV and two central supports) and a leather chair I use when using the PC.

It works a treat though... so I'm not complaining. Obvisously I would prefer a proper racing seat but with limited bedroom space that isn't possible, and this is the next best thing. :p
What a great solution, but does this cheap stand give you any useful ideas? It's not big, works well and would probably make it easier to move around in a small room.

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
GT4 prep:

- pre-ordered GT4 (I'm in line)
- Dell 17" wide-screen LCD TV (with DCDI by Faroudja!) (still need three monitor set-up instructions)
- 2 Logitech non-Pro wheels and stands (see above message)
- SONY home theatre sound system (hoping for better GT4 optical sound)
- 2nd PS2 with NA, for iLink practice (need good play partners)
- completing GT3 100% (85% in 2nd game)
- GT3 off-line competitions (I've learned a lot, with much more to come)
- "racing for 2nd" enduro practice (follow the leader...)
- still need a Firewire hub, DSL and a 2nd NA & 2nd GT4 (all soon)
- need to design/build a double racing seat

Am I forgetting anything?
 
InfinaRacer
^ Mad Bootleg :lol:

I believe that is refered to as "afro-engineered".

Me on the other hand, I've been playing GT3 in moderation. Just driving cars around courses.
 
tiptopcream
I've made myself a cockpit, which consists of two woodern beams (jammed underneath the TV and two central supports) and a leather chair I use when using the PC.

woodernbeams.jpg

woodernbeams2.jpg

:lol: I could just see the headlines in the newspaper.

Boy killed as steering wheel beats him to death

Anyway, preparing? not much... :odd: kinda scary looking at other peoples post of their "preparation". I'd rather skip this part and just get the damn game already. :dopey:
 
MasterGT
Am I forgetting anything?
Yes, you forgot to ask my adress so you can send me all this stuff. :D
 
I just bought GT 2 and I am going to finish it before gt4 comes out... ( its hard to go from gt3 to gt 2....need glasses on )But if gt2 had the graphics gt3 did, it may be better !
 
FatAssBR
Yes, you forgot to ask my adress so you can send me all this stuff. :D
Come to Toronto and you could play GT4 on it all here. :) 👍

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
Spending too much time in the GTP forums!
 
MasterGT
Come to Toronto and you could play GT4 on it all here. :) 👍

Cheers,

MasterGT
Buying all this stuff must be cheaper than a ticket to Canada, but thanks. :)
 
where ever i pre-order this game from im goin to be on line @least 2-3hrs b4 the store or
5-6hrs release party(if there is 1 in NYC) opens cuz 1st i want the game and 2nd cuz i want the gift if they hav 1 and then i goin to lock myself in my house and unplug the phone and play GT4 until i really need a bath(lol about the bath part)
 
VipFREAK
:lol: I could just see the headlines in the newspaper.

Boy killed as steering wheel beats him to death

Central supports :D without them it bounces up and down because the wood is quite flexible. :trouble:
 
Back